warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

If people are sick of this thread I would suggest staying out of it? SM aren't going to announce a guest early just because people are getting stressed out over nothing. I'll never understand what the big deal is.

The thing people are getting stressed over i recon is "DIG STAR- NEVER SEEN BEFORE- WILL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN" i recon the one time only chance is what is stressing people out.

If people are sick of this thread I would suggest staying out of it? SM aren't going to announce a guest early just because people are getting stressed out over nothing. I'll never understand what the big deal is.

It's all the hype connected to this announcement: it happens every time SM says that a 'huge announcement' is forthcoming. Days upon days, page upon page of guesses, some logical and considered, others not so much......I'm sure those of us who have been around for awhile know that SM will do things in their own time.....
And never ever ever worth anyone getting annoyed over. It's just a guest at a convention after all.

Its not just a guest to some people its a ONCE IN A LIFETIME guest.

• Like 1

Has anyone said George Lucas yet?

*waits for links to be thrown my way as he's probably been mentioned but I can't remember*

because since everyone seems to think it could be to do with Star Wars

I also think it could be Peter Jackson. Im leaning towards someone older and to me Johnny Depp is not old nope so it can't be him :smile:

Id LOVE to meet peter Jackson but he has done conventions in America MANY times especially in the last few years with the hobbit out so not him. But It would sooooooo please all the middle earth fans if showmaster could get him.

Sorry to double post but I'm wondering if the guest could be Star Wars related for a few reasons:

Jason said that the guest's autograph can now be added to multi-signed items attendees had, suggesting they're from a well known franchise.

As we all know, Jason is a big SW fan and this year's LFCC is celebrating TESB.

Thursday is also the date of a well known Star Wars event (that is being streamed online) and is also rumoured to be the day the episode 7 trailer is released (Guest announced 7 days before episode 7 trailer?).

I know Lucas may be out of the question but how about Ewan McGreggor or as others have said: Liam Neeson, James Earl Jones or John Williams?

Just some speculation. Regardless, we'll all find out on Thursday (Prays I can afford the guest).

haha that is seriously the coolest thing ever!! :thumbup: I don't even know what Id say to Kermit Id probably just stroke his head and ask him to sing something. I think you're wise not to post the kissing one, I wouldn't want the wrath of miss piggy!

Its seriously one of the things orf my bucket list. :)

To be fair, most of those who went up there to meet them were in the same boat, not knowing what to say, in fact I have a Friend who's job is to interview stars what have you, and he's not one to be speechless, was kinda funny how Pepe told the guys girlfriend how to treat him.

Agreed, no one would like to be on the receiving end of those fists ;)

• Like 1

haha that is seriously the coolest thing ever!! :thumbup: I don't even know what Id say to Kermit Id probably just stroke his head and ask him to sing something. I think you're wise not to post the kissing one, I wouldn't want the wrath of miss piggy!

Thats so cool you got to meet them! Out of interest, how did that come about? Where was it you met them?

Back in June 2012 there was a promotional appearance by them for "The Muppets" DVD/BluRay release in a very well known store (which I'd prefer not to name) I had a loyalty card with this store that saw both myself + 1 guaranteed places (it was my +1 who lived miles away from London and he took a shedload of pictures when I was up there with them, one good turn deserves another and all that) originally the meet and greet as it were was supposed to be an hour or so but this went to two hours, although for OBVIOUS reasons both Kermit and Pepe needed "Potty breaks" so they could continue to interact and meet with their Fans- (Fans whom all got signed cards signed by Kermit himself) :)

• Like 1

To be fair, most of those who went up there to meet them were in the same boat, not knowing what to say, in fact I have a Friend who's job is to interview stars what have you, and he's not one to be speechless, was kinda funny how Pepe told the guys girlfriend how to treat him.

Fists or hoofs?
  • Like 1

Fists or hoofs?

Hoofs- but technically I can't have any contact with Miss Piggy seeing that I'm Jewish an all so I'll leave all the non Kosher puns to Kermit himself

I hope this video

can get a few laughs especially at 02:55 when Kermit says:

"I'll just make another bacon reference-" Enjoy folks :)

Fists or hoofs?

Hoofs- but technically I can't have any contact with Miss Piggy seeing that I'm Jewish an all so I'll leave all the non Kosher puns to Kermit himself

I hope this video

can get a few laughs especially at 02:55 when Kermit says:

"I'll just make another bacon reference-" Enjoy folks :)

That's fantastic! Hahaha :lol:

It's definitely JJ Abrams, it says if you have a multi signed item now is your only chance, meaning now you can add his autograph to your starwars posters it makes sense it also says years in the planning well he was filming the new movie over in london and jason being a crazy starwars fan im pretty sure he tried everything in his power to get in cantact with jj to make a deal ;) plus if you do a quick google search for jj abrams it says J.J. Abrams to kick off Star Wars Celebration “in a big way, and that my friends is on Thursday he has never done a signing so that also fits he has done a book signing 3 years ago but i think showmasters mean comic cons/convention signings and that he has never done.

It's definitely JJ Abrams, it says if you have a multi signed item now is your only chance, meaning now you can add his autograph to your starwars posters it makes sense it also says years in the planning well he was filming the new movie over in london and jason being a crazy starwars fan im pretty sure he tried everything in his power to get in cantact with jj to make a deal ;) plus if you do a quick google search for jj abrams it says J.J. Abrams to kick off Star Wars Celebration “in a big way, and that my friends is on Thursday he has never done a signing so that also fits he has done a book signing 3 years ago but i think showmasters mean comic cons/convention signings and that he has never done.

But he doesn't scream 'A' List and I know he's not exactly a household name even though the clues fit. At least theres not long until we find out.

• Like 2

*cue 2001 theme*

Elvis : "And ya'll thought I was dead huh...had ya fooled , didn't I....ma boy , ma boy !" ;)

Seriously , I'd say de Niro or Walken although deep down I can't picture Walken doing it but then again money talks......

Dolph is doing a con in Oz , btw (but he's B-list...still a great guest though)

Edited by 007 spells Bond

Bolo Yeung....and should you refuse to pay him 500£ , thinking you feel cheated then he'll point at you while saying "you are nex !" ;)

I don't think it's Connery , besides those old 007 posters are never gonna be complete due to Father Time.

Pam Anderson (money woes......most likely Hoff recommends her to do a few)

Joe Pesci

Sharon Stone (her career isn't hot anymore......as HHH would say : "it's best for business")

Carmen Electra (she has a very famous name anyway ;)

Neeson

Just a couple of guesses.

Robert Redford - Capt. America

Michael Douglas - Ant Man

Max Von Sydow - Star Wars

Ian McKellan - X-Men, LOTR, Hobbit

Ben Kingsley - Iron Man 3

Roger Moore - Bond

Any of these are legends and would represent relevent franchises.

Afaik , Moore has refused to do cons.....but if Rigg or Andress can happen then who knows ;)

Its a double edged sword. On one hand you want to REALLY meet some big stars as it maybe the only way you can do it ever in your life without tracking movements or through random chance.

On the other hand? If you want to meet them in a nice environment where chances are they are more prepared and therefor more likely to be friendlier and make the meet way better, its going to cost.

Showmasters are in a catch 22 as if they didnt give any warning they are critised and if they post names and details up it could potentially hurt the deal for the said actor to attend.

I love the guessing game, peoples theories and excitement of who it will be : )

Something tells me that people like Connery or Murray are not gonna be all that pleasant even if paid......meaning they're prolly not gonna be chatty if at all.

As for Streisand....prolly never gonna happen , she is extreme as far as security is concerned (bomb dogs , I kid you not)

• Like 1

It's definitely JJ Abrams, it says if you have a multi signed item now is your only chance, meaning now you can add his autograph to your starwars posters

Forgive me if I step on toes here, but I'm curious as to why someone would want to add JJ Abrams's signature to Star Wars posters that have already been signed by other cast members? I can understand if it was Star Trek, but not Star Wars, as JJ wasn't connected to Eps I-VI. That would be like me wanting Frank Oz to sign my Ep IV poster when Yoda wasn't in A New Hope. If I were a 'poster purist,' I would only want signatures on it from people who were connected to that film.....

Maybe I've missed something and some teaser posters for Ep VII have been released? Pinhead1987 could be suggesting that JJ could be the first signature on a potentially multi-signed item?

• Like 2