warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

Has JRR Tolkien done a convention lately?

Also, I'd love to get the Elephant Man to sign my DVD, he made that one bally good movie and you don't hear from him anymore.

Why do have to be so sarcastic all the time?

Just let people have their fun at guessing who this person may be. It passes the time away.

Personally, it's killing me not knowing who it is but in the mean time guessing is just a bit of fun for us all. :smile:

YES thank you! Its meant to be fun! I have fun guessing other people have fun guessing its fun :smile: And Im excited even though I already know I can't afford it Im really looking forward to seeing who it is!

• Like 3

Someone mentioning Lady Gaga made me think... What if it was someone from the music industry, who is also known for their acting? I'm thinking of

Barbra Streisand

Cher

Bette Midler...

They are certainly A-List, none of them have done conventions before and we wouldn't expect them to be announced ... :smile:

It could also be a TV star, because then you can add their signature to your multi-signed item... What about Gary Sinise? He is a major TV star and has been nominated for an Oscar (Forrest Gump!).

Personally, I am hoping for a real Hollywood legend. With so many passing away just recently, it might be a one-of-a-kind experience! What about

Kim Novak

Tippi Hedren

Shirley MacLaine

Joanne Woodward

Sidney Poitier

Rita Moreno

Eva Marie Saint

Sophia Loren

Mamie Van Doren

Olivia de Havilland

Clint Eastwood

Kirk Douglas

These stars are at least in their 80s, some even approaching their 100th birthday, so it's safe to assume that they won't be attending the show...
It would be a dream nevertheless! :)

Edited by Manini

Someone mentioning Lady Gaga made me think... What if it was someone from the music industry, who is also known for their acting? I'm thinking of

Barbra Streisand

Cher

Bette Midler...

They are certainly A-List, none of them have done conventions before and we wouldn't expect them to be announced ... :smile:

It could also be a TV star, because then you can add their signature to your multi-signed item... What about Gary Sinise? He is a major TV star and has been nominated for an Oscar (Forrest Gump!).

Personally, I am hoping for a real Hollywood legend. With so many passing away just recently, it might be a one-of-a-kind experience! What about

Kim Novak

Tippi Hedren

Shirley MacLaine

Joanne Woodward

Sidney Poitier

Rita Moreno

Eva Marie Saint

Sophia Loren

Mamie Van Doren

Olivia de Havilland

Clint Eastwood

Kirk Douglas

These stars are at least in their 80s, some even approaching their 100th birthday, so it's safe to assume that they won't be attending the show...

Admittedly I have only heard of about 2 names on that list, but Stan Lee was 91 when he came last year, so never say never. But I don't think most of them would be this announcement.

Has JRR Tolkien done a convention lately?

Also, I'd love to get the Elephant Man to sign my DVD, he made that one bally good movie and you don't hear from him anymore.

Tolkein's a good call. Maybe Shakspeare or Winston Churchill?

It would be awesome to meet Shakespeare, I have all of his books so would love him to sign it for me.

P.S. All joking aside its because of my love for the Bard that my name came to be what it was, i.e. King Richard from his King Richard III,

It is my understanding that Shakespeare actually didn't publish anything himself, so all of your books must be by ghostwriters ;-)

Edited by robertderidder

Wrong Name, on 13 Apr 2015 - 8:49 PM, said:

Manini, on 13 Apr 2015 - 8:47 PM, said:

Barbra Streisand

Cher

Bette Midler...

Kim Novak

Tippi Hedren

Shirley MacLaine

Joanne Woodward

Sidney Poitier

Rita Moreno

Eva Marie Saint

Sophia Loren

Mamie Van Doren

Olivia de Havilland

Clint Eastwood

Kirk Douglas

Admittedly I have only heard of about 2 names on that list, but Stan Lee was 91 when he came last year, so never say never. But I don't think most of them would be this announcement.

Many of them have won at least one Academy Award, so I consider them Hollywood royalty ;-)

You might know Kim Novak and Tippi Hedren from Alfred Hitchcock's movies, Olivia de Havilland is the last surviving main cast member of Gone With The Wind and has won two Oscars herself etc...

I like movies from Hollywood's Golden Age! :D

By the way if you read the discription properly it say only signing of this year doesn't mention any other year so to be honest could be anyone even the people that's signed b4 just hasn't signed for anyone else this year but might in the near future never know

No it doesn't. It states clearly it's a worldwide first and he won't sign anymore this year. Apparantly he hasn't signed before anywhere, unless he lied.

So you know its a 'he' then? ;)

• Like 2

Wrong Name, on 13 Apr 2015 - 8:49 PM, said:

Manini, on 13 Apr 2015 - 8:47 PM, said:

Barbra Streisand

Cher

Bette Midler...

Kim Novak

Tippi Hedren

Shirley MacLaine

Joanne Woodward

Sidney Poitier

Rita Moreno

Eva Marie Saint

Sophia Loren

Mamie Van Doren

Olivia de Havilland

Clint Eastwood

Kirk Douglas

Many of them have won at least one Academy Award, so I consider them Hollywood royalty ;-)

You might know Kim Novak and Tippi Hedren from Alfred Hitchcock's movies, Olivia de Havilland is the last surviving main cast member of Gone With The Wind and has won two Oscars herself etc...

I like movies from Hollywood's Golden Age! :D

Fair enough! I'm enjoy a lot of Hitcock's work though not to the point where I know the actors names (except Jimmy Stuart, Anthony Perkins and alike). I hope you get what you're after 😄

Barbra Streisand

Cher

Bette Midler...

Kim Novak

Tippi Hedren

Shirley MacLaine

Joanne Woodward

Sidney Poitier

Rita Moreno

Eva Marie Saint

Sophia Loren

Mamie Van Doren

Olivia de Havilland

Clint Eastwood

Kirk Douglas

Shirley Maclaine, Sidney Poitier, Rita Moreno, Sophia Loren, Clint Eastwood and Kirk Douglas are names I'd love to meet. Such true classics what I wouldn't give, to be in their presence.

There are many names this big who would be an absolute pleasure to meet.

• Like 1

Sylvester Stallone came to Sheffield City Hall a few months back to do "An evening with" type of event, not sure if he signed but I do know you could pay an extra £500 on top of your ticket price to go and have your picture taken with him!!

Not sure if that classes as doing a signing for those guessing him 😃

• Like 1

I'm not one to usually join in with these guessing games, but I must admit this is intruiging!

Could it be Bradley Cooper? He's in town doing the Elephant Man stage play around this time.

What's the likelyhood of nothing being announced at all come Thursday evening!

• Like 1

It seems to be particularly bad this time, I have no idea why. Maybe because we have a relatively high number of new attendees who need to get used to things.

Disappointment and such won't go away if those threads are stopped. They'll show up in the announcement topic then anyway.

I think it is particularly on edge this time as it is a big guest that we have been told not only hasn't been to a con before but we are also being told will probably not do another con again. When people hear big guest people get flustered but when they are told this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if they don't get the ticket they will never be able to it really sets people off. Especially when there will only be 1 lot of tickets/ once the tickets sell out there wont be more. Add in the crashes of the site and the large payments and people just start going crazy. I think some of the comments on either being pre told the price would calm people down as they could get the money together or the idea 1 or 2 people had of telling people the person or price and a week or a few days later the tickets actually going on sale might calm people down but i doubt showmaster would actually do either of these things.

• Like 3

guys. i guess its time i told you all....

I AM THE GUEST!!!!!

i've been on bbc news and in local papers when i was younger. i was also top goalscorer for the warboys colts under 13's

it will be £150 for a photoshoot, autograph and i will do you a little drawing as well.

i am really exited to have been contacted by showmasters for this event and look forward to meeting you all.

And it obviously cant be you because you just said the word AUTOGRAPH and we have been told there will be no autograph only tickets. Pleas people read the past messages before you even attempt to pretend to spill the beans.

• Like 2