warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

But think of the bigger picture people!!!! The guests have been getting bigger and bigger, a few years ago the prospect of Stan Lee would've seemed like a pipe dream and now we are getting a potentially huge A-list star. Even if it is someone you don't like the reputation and scale of this event is getting bigger and bigger so the coming years could be very exciting!

Its not exciting if nobody can afford to see all these huge A-list stars. Personally i've been happy and will continue to be happy with the smaller type guests that have attended the con and are at a reasonable price for photo op, signings etc.

(I say smaller type but they are just as much A-Lister to me as the popular household name type guests that this con could soon attract)

But the smaller reasonable price people are still there, it's not like the whole convention is changing. The fact is if you look through these forums it's full of people requesting huge names. If no one can afford it and no one buys tickets then showmasters will learn by the mistake and not book a huge guest again.

At the end of the day people will pay what they want to pay and see who they want to see. No one is forcing people to buy diamond passes, they are just trialing something with a name who they could in no way afford if it was £30 for an autograph.

This is being billed as a once in a lifetime experience so it was never gonna be cheap but there is still a load of guests there from all types of genres at all different prices. The fact someone can afford and is willing to pay a lot to meet a hero shouldn't impact on the enjoyment of the weekend and it feels that for a lot of people it already is before a name has been mentioned.

Edited by martinthewookie
  • Like 3

By the way if you read the discription properly it say only signing of this year doesn't mention any other year so to be honest could be anyone even the people that's signed b4 just hasn't signed for anyone else this year but might in the near future never know

No, it says it's a world first signing, meaning they have never done signings anywhere else in the world, ever. The point of also saying "its this persons only planned signing this year" is that unlike some stars who don't sign for years, then change their mind, appear at one big show with a load of pizzazz... and then appear at another four or five shows in the next six or seven months, this person has never signed before, is signing this once only, and won't be signing anywhere else for at least several months afterwards, so don't think "well I won't bother getting them at LFCC because they'll probably turn up at "X" show in September, "Y" show in October, "Z" and "Q" shows in November, and in my local chippie every Tuesday in December".

Ain't gonna happen, They're breaking a lifelong duck at LFCC and then are not planning any other signings before 2016, if even then.

• Like 2

Okay guys, one last time: stop bickering.

You don't have to know everything. But it is considered common courtesy to read a thread, or at least skim through it.

If another poster points out that this has been asked before when someone asks for the 11th time "has guest A done a signing?" this is no reason to report his posts and complain. That's not "being mean."

We will stop it if things get to bad or name calling starts. But so far all we have here is a lively discussion.

• Like 3

Queen Sindel this why I am so against these pre announcement announcements....the pointless speculation the bickering and ultimately some people will say they are disappointed as everybody has their own ideas for who they hope/wish it would be.

• Like 5

It seems to be particularly bad this time, I have no idea why. Maybe because we have a relatively high number of new attendees who need to get used to things.

Disappointment and such won't go away if those threads are stopped. They'll show up in the announcement topic then anyway.

Anyone know if Mark Hamill or Christopher Lee have ever don't conventions before? As would be cool if it were one of them. Plus would also be a clue to the" not doing another convention again " as they are both getting on with their health.

Both have done multiple events :( also mark has one scheduled for all of next weekend so it couldn't be him

It seems to be particularly bad this time, I have no idea why. Maybe because we have a relatively high number of new attendees who need to get used to things.

Disappointment and such won't go away if those threads are stopped. They'll show up in the announcement topic then anyway.

I'm not bickering if it seems like that my bad and even if the guest is someone I don't want still will be awesome finding out and prob see them walking round think its excellent whats happening this Thursday will this happen at every con or only summer ones?

Seeing as she was at the Olivier Awards made me think, though I've no idea if she's signed before or been suggested already (26 pages is too long to look through) - my guess is Angela Lansbury!

Edited by Raylenth

guys. i guess its time i told you all....

I AM THE GUEST!!!!!

i've been on bbc news and in local papers when i was younger. i was also top goalscorer for the warboys colts under 13's

it will be £150 for a photoshoot, autograph and i will do you a little drawing as well.

i am really exited to have been contacted by showmasters for this event and look forward to meeting you all.

• Like 2

I AM THE GUEST!!!!!

i've been on bbc news and in local papers when i was younger. i was also top goalscorer for the warboys colts under 13's

it will be £150 for a photoshoot, autograph and i will do you a little drawing as well.

i am really exited to have been contacted by showmasters for this event and look forward to meeting you all.

Sssh!!! Just go and accidentally spill the surprise on Twitter like everyone else! :lol:

I AM THE GUEST!!!!!

Sssh!!! Just go and accidentally spill the surprise on Twitter like everyone else! :lol:

CRAP! sorry. i thought it was ok to spill the beans

An internet search leads me to discover that Sean Bean has done a private signing for a Sheffield United book back in 2006. So I guess that rules him out. Likewise, it wouldn't be Viggo Mortensen as he's done loads of signings for his books.

• Like 1

Its amazing how many people are critising people for not knowing who may or may not have signed in this country or not. There are many people that are new to going to cons, autograph hunting etc this maybe their first con.

With that in mind let people have fun and guess who it is. If they don't know who has or has not signed before who cares? Just ignore their posts and don't respond to them.

This thread is pretty much for guessing who it may be, there are alot of pages so if someone hasnt read them all? It really doesnt matter.

On the idea of who it may be? I honestly thought it could have been Harrison Ford but its not going to be after what the admin have said with him signing in the past.

So im going to guess its possibly Roger Moore (like someone suggested before) or another Bond maybe Pierce Brosnan?

Exactly! The know it alls here ruin the fun for everyone who just wants to have a guess (and may have a life beyond reading every post on this board)

Nobody is saying you have to read every post on this board, but it's only reasonable to have the decency to read the rest of the thread. It's remarkably tedious to have somebody saying "I think it will be Harrison Ford" when there are seventeen different posts that have already patiently explained why it CAN'T be Harrison Ford as he doesn't meet the criteria. And to be honest, it's just rude. You're saying that it's fine for people to post daft suggestions on here that have already been debunked earlier in the very same thread, because they don't have 15 or 20 minutes to skim through the thread first. But it's quite all right for them to post some old nonsense and waste 10-15 seconds of hundreds of readers' time instead. This thread has had nearly 24,000 views. Even if that's just 800 people looking at it 30 times each, 800 people wasting 10 seconds each reading a comment that didn't need to be made if somebody was polite enough to read the rest of the thread first means nearly two and a quarter hours wasted between those 800 people. :chair:

So with all of that said, it's obviously Dave Prowse... ;)

Calm down dear :rolleyes: I think a bigger waste of time is working out exactly how many people waste their time reading the 'silly' guesses. And btw that chair really hurt my head :BRUISED:

• Like 3

Looking at all the clues I think I will go with Liam Neeson. Don't think he has done any signings, he is very rare and hard to get, stars in one of the big franchises, would also be an A-Lister.

Probably completley wrong!

Liam Neeson is a very good call he would be some one that we wouldnt expect to annouced

Looking at all the clues I think I will go with Liam Neeson. Don't think he has done any signings, he is very rare and hard to get, stars in one of the big franchises, would also be an A-Lister.

Probably completley wrong!

Probably completely wrong

But I hope you're RIGHT! Liam Neeson would be the ultimate guest :wub: