warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

Its amazing how many people are critising people for not knowing who may or may not have signed in this country or not. There are many people that are new to going to cons, autograph hunting etc this maybe their first con.

With that in mind let people have fun and guess who it is. If they don't know who has or has not signed before who cares? Just ignore their posts and don't respond to them.

This thread is pretty much for guessing who it may be, there are alot of pages so if someone hasnt read them all? It really doesnt matter.

On the idea of who it may be? I honestly thought it could have been Harrison Ford but its not going to be after what the admin have said with him signing in the past.

So im going to guess its possibly Roger Moore (like someone suggested before) or another Bond maybe Pierce Brosnan?

I still think its Tom Hanks...

But I'll guess some more because its fun :smile:

Samuel L Jackson :cool:

Jude Law

Helena Bonham Carter

Bill Murray

Jeremy Irons (Im staring at my DVD's for inspiration and was looking at 'The Lion Ling')

David Bowie

Donald Sutherland

Peter Jackson

I like some of those guesses : ) they would all be good guests

• Like 1

Its amazing how many people are critising people for not knowing who may or may not have signed in this country or not. There are many people that are new to going to cons, autograph hunting etc this maybe their first con.

With that in mind let people have fun and guess who it is. If they don't know who has or has not signed before who cares? Just ignore their posts and don't respond to them.

This thread is pretty much for guessing who it may be, there are alot of pages so if someone hasnt read them all? It really doesnt matter.

On the idea of who it may be? I honestly thought it could have been Harrison Ford but its not going to be after what the admin have said with him signing in the past.

So im going to guess its possibly Roger Moore (like someone suggested before) or another Bond maybe Pierce Brosnan?

Completely ignoring your suggestion. ;-) Roger Moore would be great, but he does signings a couple of times a year. Most of them private, but I've seen him in person too.

• Like 1

Completely ignoring your suggestion. ;-) Roger Moore would be great, but he does signings a couple of times a year. Most of them private, but I've seen him in person too.

Oh man, what was Roger like? I'd love to meet him

Exactly! The know it alls here ruin the fun for everyone who just wants to have a guess (and may have a life beyond reading every post on this board)

• Like 1

That sucks since it's going to be so expensive. People will have no time to make up their mind. I suppose that benefits SM though as people are more likely to panic buy.

Yeah seems to be the only reason I think they'd release them at the same time, to grab people before they have a chance to consider it!

Its a double edged sword. On one hand you want to REALLY meet some big stars as it maybe the only way you can do it ever in your life without tracking movements or through random chance.

On the other hand? If you want to meet them in a nice environment where chances are they are more prepared and therefor more likely to be friendlier and make the meet way better, its going to cost.

Showmasters are in a catch 22 as if they didnt give any warning they are critised and if they post names and details up it could potentially hurt the deal for the said actor to attend.

I love the guessing game, peoples theories and excitement of who it will be : )

• Like 2

That sucks since it's going to be so expensive. People will have no time to make up their mind. I suppose that benefits SM though as people are more likely to panic buy.

Yeah seems to be the only reason I think they'd release them at the same time, to grab people before they have a chance to consider it!

Exactly, It would be good to have an hour in between knowing the guest/price and purchasing. I can feel the heart palpitations already.

• Like 1

Im gonna throw this out there, maybe not Alisters to some, but with the BTTF guests and anniversary, i think MJF would be too obvious....but as they mentioned how rare this guest is...i started to think along the lines of Biff tannen himself, or Crispin glover/George mcfly....both would be new comers to showmasters i think and are VERY rare as they both dont generally have anything to do with bttf after fallings out over the yrs etc...both have been known to not sign any bttf merchandise, maybe showmasters have struck a deal for a 1 off event only.??

Again not an alister per say, but big guests to us bttf fans if marty himself isnt there with doc.

Exactly! The know it alls here ruin the fun for everyone who just wants to have a guess (and may have a life beyond reading every post on this board)

Nobody is saying you have to read every post on this board, but it's only reasonable to have the decency to read the rest of the thread. It's remarkably tedious to have somebody saying "I think it will be Harrison Ford" when there are seventeen different posts that have already patiently explained why it CAN'T be Harrison Ford as he doesn't meet the criteria. And to be honest, it's just rude. You're saying that it's fine for people to post daft suggestions on here that have already been debunked earlier in the very same thread, because they don't have 15 or 20 minutes to skim through the thread first. But it's quite all right for them to post some old nonsense and waste 10-15 seconds of hundreds of readers' time instead. This thread has had nearly 24,000 views. Even if that's just 800 people looking at it 30 times each, 800 people wasting 10 seconds each reading a comment that didn't need to be made if somebody was polite enough to read the rest of the thread first means nearly two and a quarter hours wasted between those 800 people. :chair:

So with all of that said, it's obviously Dave Prowse... ;)

• Like 4

Nobody is saying you have to read every post on this board, but it's only reasonable to have the decency to read the rest of the thread. It's remarkably tedious to have somebody saying "I think it will be Harrison Ford" when there are seventeen different posts that have already patiently explained why it CAN'T be Harrison Ford as he doesn't meet the criteria. And to be honest, it's just rude. You're saying that it's fine for people to post daft suggestions on here that have already been debunked earlier in the very same thread, because they don't have 15 or 20 minutes to skim through the thread first. But it's quite all right for them to post some old nonsense and waste 10-15 seconds of hundreds of readers' time instead. This thread has had nearly 24,000 views. Even if that's just 800 people looking at it 30 times each, 800 people wasting 10 seconds each reading a comment that didn't need to be made if somebody was polite enough to read the rest of the thread first means nearly two and a quarter hours wasted between those 800 people. :chair:

Excellent point.

PLEASE READ SO I CAN GIVE SOME INSIGHT HERE ESPECIALLY ABOUT HARRISON FORD

Many people on this forum, especially very good Friends of mine will know that I'm a HUGE fan of Harrison Ford, and if I'm honest, back in 2010 I was a newbie on here, my first Showmasters event was Collectormania in 2010 and was quite awestruck at meeting Chris "Red Dwarf/Brittas Empire/Spitting Image/Tomb Raider" Barrie, that same year my Friends and I started doing movie premieres and at the start we were novices at it, we got used to what worked, what didn't work. And found ourselves in awe at meeting Gemma Arterton, this stepped up a notch when we met Angelina, Sylvester, Tom Cruise what have you and started to get valuable insight of who these people were.

We became acquainted with long time collectors (people who've met everyone from Quentin Tarantino/The Dalai Lama/Clint Eastwood/John Wayne to name just a few) we became aware of just how private many movie stars were and their signing habits, take Angelina I had no idea she was so nice in real life. It was also in 2010 that part of my sig read:

"Who I'd most like to meet

Steven Spielberg

Michelle Pfeiffer

Harrison Ford"

I never, in a million light years thought these three people were those whom I'd meet seeing as they were so big, anyways in 2011 Harrison Ford was due to attend a premiere, TRUE ACTING ROYALTY (he doesn't see himself as a Hollywood Actor - his words, not mine) all kinds of stuff was said beforehand, for example how he feels about Star Wars (It was just a job for him- watch ANY video on youtube, any interview and you'll see how indifferent he feels about the Star Wars franchise, just imagine IF he did do an event here and someone asked "So, who shot first? Han or Greedo?" you'd be greeted with a rather embarrasing silence) so, the day of the premiere, Harrison Ford turns up and goes down the line signing items, when it came to me he signed my Indiana Jones hat - at a signing he will charge approximately £4 - 500 for an Autograph, as many OTHERS will tell you he is also a very private and indeed quiet person who doesn't really enjoy the whole Hollywood lifestyle

IF and I mean IF he ever did a signing event over here, especially a Showmasters event it would be the case that for Harrison Ford you'd be looking at approximately £4 - £500 for his Autograph he's also not very chatty - which has seen some people to call him (quite unfairly if you ask me) "Grumpy"

Then of course you have Mr. Spielberg and George Lucas? Arguably two of the greatest movie makers in history, they are just too dang big to do a convention as would be Chris Nolan or Annie Hathaway (my god would I wish Annie would do a convention)

Anyways, as I was once a newbie here (as I've already stated) I became very grateful from those who've been doing conventions/meeting famous people for their experience and knowledge. ONE of the reasons I kindly impart my wisdom from years of doing these things is because I have seen first hand (especially on this forum) how people get so excited for a guest, really excited but its not who they were expecting, get let down, get really unhappy, or feel the price for so and so wasn't worth it, and this is why I TRY to impart experience so that people don't get their hopes up for people who, lets face it are too unrealistic.

Sometimes, people don't want to listen which is unfortunate as at the end of the day we are all here to learn and help each other with our expertise and differing viewpoints, I myself have asked those who I respect what it was like to meet Leonard Nimoy or other members from the Star Trek universe.

Anyways I hope many will read this and appreciate what I've put.

Best Wishes to each and every one of you.

KingRichard76

• Like 4

Said I wasn't going to jump in again but feel this needs backing up.

This is exactly one of the reasons threads like this are a pointless waste of time and just escalate into random arguments and bickering. It is not "a bit of fun", it's causing antagonism, more work for the mods to keep things cleared up and people who are experienced in these events getting fed up of trying to help when nothing they say is taken on board, as KingRichard has explained above.

By all means say "there will be an announcement later tonight" or just make the announcement, even if tix aren't on sale straight away but don't drag it on for a week. This thread has only been going a couple of days and it's a mess with people being warned for their behaviour, comments being deleted etc. So unnecessary. Just get it done and people will be much happier whether they agree a certain guest is worth the money or not, you'll always get that after an announcement anyway. Now we're getting arguments before as well. Not helpful for anyone.

• Like 5

"IF and I mean IF he ever did a signing event over here, especially a Showmasters event it would be the case that for Harrison Ford you'd be looking at approximately £4 - £500 for his Autograph he's also not very chatty - which has seen some people to call him (quite unfairly if you ask me) "Grumpy""

I would happily pay that. Good to know a rough price 'idea' for the future

Edited by loganalpha2
  • Like 1

Although i get we will NOT be told who the guest is till Thursday I do think that MANY people to prevent upset would appreciate a ROUGH price i mean will it be in the £100's £5oo's or£1000. We all love to guess and anticipate who it could be. Price pays no relevance to WHO it could be necessarily as everyone's idea of whether it of worth it is down to them but For those who don't have as much money and need to get the money together over a few days or need to transfer money from savings accounts to main accounts to pay for their tickets It would greatly help to know the rough cost to prevent people winging that "they didn't know it would cost that much and didn't have that much money in their bank at the time but if had know before hand could have had all the money". I know i would much appreciate a heads up on rough cost so i can make sure i have enough money in the bank on the night if i decide i do want to meet this guest.

Edited by stargate geek emily
  • Like 3