warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

It's all well and good asking for notice on price and all but realistically how many of us are able to fork out £400 upwards on a single guest? I for one as an unemployed full time student I can barely affor some of the more expensive "regular" guests. I think we just need to respect what SM have said and wait until Thursday. There's no need for people to be getting all wound up about something they can't change

• Like 8

It it indeed WAS Maggie Smith I would absolutely have to buy the diamond pass to get her sign my HP poster....

I sent Maggie a pic through the post not so long ago and got it back signed really quick

Yeah, me too, twice, I have her signed photos, but no way I'm sending my precious poster, I collect on it only in person.

• Like 1

It's all well and good asking for notice on price and all but realistically how many of us are able to fork out £400 upwards on a single guest? I for one as an unemployed full time student I can barely affor some of the more expensive "regular" guests. I think we just need to respect what SM have said and wait until Thursday. There's no need for people to be getting all wound up about something they can't change

I'm absolutely loaded so I can afford it - just hoping it's Jett Lucas that is announced. Missed him last time, would expect him to be a diamond pass at around the £500 mark. If it is I might get 2 or 3 passes for the family as well. It's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm minted and can spend it on great guests.

Roll on Thurs :)

• Like 1

I'm absolutely loaded so I can afford it - just hoping it's Jett Lucas that is announced. Missed him last time, would expect him to be a diamond pass at around the £500 mark. If it is I might get 2 or 3 passes for the family as well. It's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm minted and can spend it on great guests.

Roll on Thurs :)

It will surely not be Jett Lucas. He's done signings before and doesn't qualify as an A-lister, just a fan favourite for Star Wars fans.

I know I won't be able to afford a diamond pass ever I just can't justify spending that amount of money because I literally would use up most of my savings on travel and the pass etc but if I could I would have transfer the money early like you said :smile: just in case its someone I liked. But being a poor minimum wage worker these things are always out of my reach unfortunately. I actually feel really grateful with the people I have met a cons because I could afford a photoshoot and autograph but passes are out of my price range. If anyone wants to throw money at me please do so now ;)

I feel your pain. It's the reason why I myself wouldn't even consider a Gold Pass, as I rather spend my money on autographs. I just get in line earlier.

I'm interested to know who it will be, but probably also won't be able to buy the Diamond Pass, or find that I'd rather spend that amount on 20 other people. But maybe it's someone I would be willing to go in debt for. Sometimes there's a one in a lifetime opportunity you can't let slip.

• Like 1

The more i think about it when jason says its been years in the making, well i keep thinking about the franchises showmasters and massive events have supported over the years with conventions like Hallowhedon, Sherlocked, and showmasters bringing in countless guests from starwars from over the years. so im guessing its somthing big related to ether one of them. And when he says its a worlds first then pick someone out of them franchises that have never done a con and is a A list guest then BOOM you have your name. But then look at whats going on with this event theres the 35 Years Of The Empire Strikes Back, theres a few Nightmare On Elm Street guests theres the Back To The Future reunion, so theres plenty of A list guests from each of them movies oh and not to mention lord of the rings and the hobbet could be somebody from those movies since showmasters have been giving us the opportunity to meet those awesome folks. So its gotta be from any of those franchises. My guess is J.J. Abrams ;)

• Like 1

I seriously have no idea who it could be, which is what's exciting me the most! I know I won't be able to afford the pass though, hopefully a photo, maybe :)

If it is Hugh Jackman though, having a professional photo with him would be lush :wub:

Hugh Jackman is on ny wishlist but i have a feeling its going to be some one like

James Earl Jones

Tommy Lee Jones is a good shout

How about Gene Hackman

John Goodman

Bill Murray i wish

I would of said Mark Hamill but he has done a con

Johnny Depp is a good guess as well he would be cool to meet

• Like 1

Do we think it's fair to surmise that this guest could just be ANYONE who has appeared on TV and in films for at least the last 20-30 years possibly more!?!?!

Roll on Thursday so we can all either be extremely happy or in some cases extremely sad!!

• Like 1

I'm pretty positive it's not Johnny Depp. I've met him several times over the years and he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd do conventions and also wouldn't feel comfortable about charging for his autograph. He's always very generous with fans and lovely to meet but I can't see him doing this kind of thing.

• Like 1

Is the photo and autograph all included in the diamond pass?

Its a complete package photo op, autograph, talks, goodys etc etc

We will not be splitting things out its a complet diamond pass.

The only thing that will be also available is a limited amount of photo ops and talk tickets

This person dose not do send ins or privet signings so this is all we can offer and will be offering.

They will be there all 3 days of the event but there activates will be very limited over the days of event.

hope that is of some help.

jason

just pure speculation

does this mean this person will be doing limited autographs over all 3 days(say maybe 100+ a day) or just one session on one day.

and maybe 3 days of photo shoots between other activities.

if so there might be a few more photo shoots available than i originally thought(just one session)

oh well, will find out for sure on Thursday, very exciting!

Nobody will ever know who the guest is, as Showmasters is going to break the internet on Thursday.

But...but...but...where will people get their cat video fix if the internets be down?

I have "You've been framed" on VHS. I hate to mention this, but I am from a generation where if you missed a TV show, you've missed it forever (no plus one channel or on-demand or internet streaming). And for those asking how us old people communicated before there was whats app, blackberry messenger, facebook, twitter, we actually spoke to people face to face or used our hands to write.

• Like 2

The smart way to approach this is to make sacrifices. If it is a guest you really want to meet but can't afford the diamond pass get the photoshoot. Yes you won't be getting the autograph and go to the talk, but you'll meet the person at the photoshoot.

But I echo what this guy is saying, there is no point worrying about something you can't deal with until this Thursday. However, you can join the fun and try to guess who this person might be.

I'm guessing Dave Cameron as he's likely to be out of a job next month ;)?

• Like 1

The smart way to approach this is to make sacrifices. If it is a guest you really want to meet but can't afford the diamond pass get the photoshoot. Yes you won't be getting the autograph and go to the talk, but you'll meet the person at the photoshoot.

But I echo what this guy is saying, there is no point worrying about something you can't deal with until this Thursday. However, you can join the fun and try to guess who this person might be.

I'm guessing Dave Cameron as he's likely to be out of a job next month ;)?

As much as I'd like to make sacrifices I actually have nothing to sacrifice, as I mentioned before I'm an unemployed student (thank you David Cameron) and by the time I could earn the money or sell anything of value most the tickets would be gone and from what I'm guessing the photo shoot isn't going to be cheap either. It's just a shame the SM are pricing a lot of their customer base out of these events. That's not a dig and I know they have to make profit but I'm sure I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say that. Oh well the wait continues.... Edited by Gmorris2504
  • Like 5

So how is this going to work on Thursday? Will the passes become available at the same time as the announcement of the name? Or is Thursday just the announcement and the passes will be available after?

So how is this going to work on Thursday? Will the passes become available at the same time as the announcement of the name? Or is Thursday just the announcement and the passes will be available after?

I think it's aReady been mentioned the passes will be online at the same time as announcement. Maybe a couple of minutes after but they'll be available Thursday.

I'm guessing Amy Jo Johnson ( the original Pink Power ranger) ... think about it ..... JDF finally comes so now they've got Amy .... as shge very rearly does cons...

But she has done cons; Jason has said it's someone who's not done a signing before.

This may sound crazy, but I'm guessing Lady Gaga: she's starring in American Horror Story next series, and Naomi and Erika are already attending; she's definitely NOT someone we'd be expecting; she hasn't done a con before so far as I know; she would be considered an "A-lister" in some circles; and, even if someone isn't a fan, they will have heard of her. 😀

• Like 3