warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

As these 'big guest announcment warnings' are quite common now i think it would be cool if showmasters gave free diamond pass to first person on forum to call the correct guest. Just an idea.

My thoughts...

It could be someone who is a super-massive guest such as George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Samuel L Jackson, Joss Whedon. I think this is unlikely as Showmasters expectations of a massive guests always see a bit lower than ours. Although Jett Lucas did a show a while ago - ?was this a recon mission for Dad?

Or it could be someone who has previous been anti-cons or anti-autographs. This might mean Liam Neeson, Ewan Mcgregor, David Duchovny.

Or it could be someone who is an older star. Showmasters saying 'this could be your only chance to meet them' might mean they are getting-on a bit and might not be around much longer. This might mean Roger Moore, Ian McKellan, Michael Caine.

No way would it ever be Mr. Spielberg or George Lucas, they are far too big.

With what Jason has said, I'm guessing its someone who has to limit their time for various health reasons this would make sense seeing they don't do private signings and as a result are rather rare.

IF its who I think it is, they would be nice to meet, and would look good on an item I have which has three sigs already on it and was in a movie I saw years ago at the cinema. Someone very special to me has met them - of course it may be someone else and not who I'm thinking of but reading between the lines it would be understandable that his activities would be very limited and I'm guessing that many would understand why.

This is me merely speculating.

• Like 2

Jason can you at least then confirm if tickets will go on sale at the announcement or whether there will be a gap in between?

Eee this is so exciting!

As with every guest announcement we will put tickets on sale live at the same time.

jason

Not knowing the price-range beforehand means a lot of us may not have the funds available if it is someone we wanna meet, and lose out trying to get hold of it while others are using their credit cards etc. :/ I get not wanting to say the price-range now to change speculation, but could it be possible that the tickets do not go up immediately with the announcement? It would also help site congestion I think, as if the forum crashes (as it has done with much less hyped guests), most people will check the ticket site to see who it is, meaning those who actually want to buy the tickets might not be able to if it keeps crashing!

Edited by Alice
  • Like 5

More guesses because Im bored and its fun :smile:

Michael Caine

Clint Eastwood

David Duchovny (not A list but he would be amazing)

Christina Ricci

Ron Perlman

Jennifer Aniston

BRUCE WILLIS omg please

John Travolta

Uh Im gonna stop now Im tired and delirious

Im gonna be so annoyed if I don't guess right I never guess right

Would love Ron Perlman, but he would be a big guest and not a diamond (unless there is a diamond experience, a hellboy photoshoot in costume or that kind, such has they are doing with Christopher Lloyd this year ). And Ron Perlman was a guest at LFCC way back, really hope SM will bring him back....

As for who this particular guest is I have no clue.... Because there is no clue, Only clues are pointing to who it will not be, Stallone, Schwarzie, MJ Fox and The Rock because all of those names have always appeared in posts

• Like 2

The price will probably be £500+ or more, that's my guess.

Wasn't Mike Tyson like £150 or something when he came? I reckon this guest will be way more by the sounds of it, then you have to times that amount by at least 3 to cover what's included in the diamond pass - autograph, photoshoot, talks & any extras like you get with the others etc. then add on whatever profit SM would like to make.

But of course this is all speculation, I could be completely wrong.[/quot

The price will probably be £500+ or more, that's my guess.

Wasn't Mike Tyson like £150 or something when he came? I reckon this guest will be way more by the sounds of it, then you have to times that amount by at least 3 to cover what's included in the diamond pass - autograph, photoshoot, talks & any extras like you get with the others etc. then add on whatever profit SM would like to make.

But of course this is all speculation, I could be completely wrong.

I think you're right you just have to look at the prices for the Christopher Lloyd diamond tickets or even the Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlocked tickets, it's already said in the post that it won't be cheap.... It won't be less that 400 £, that's my guess....

Still would like to know if there will be a more affordable limited photoshoot tickets outside the diamond, that's what understand from the post, but it's not very clear to me...

• Like 1

Still would like to know if there will be a more affordable limited photoshoot tickets outside the diamond, that's what understand from the post, but it's not very clear to me...

Jason has said that this will be the case, but there will be a limited amount.

• Like 1

Sounds like the smart money would go on Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. He'd be amazing to meet, I just feel that the price range will be too high to justify I'm afraid.

The Rock is definitely someone I would love to meet, depending on the price, but his name has been thrown around posts many times, I don't think it will be him.... But I would love to be wrong

Then again The Rock is Very BIG.... Ok I better get my credit card ready, just in case....

Edited by mrvega

So what you are saying is this announcement next week is only an announcement? Therefore tickets will not go on sale next Thursday, we will only know what the price is and what it entails?

I would guess that the guest's diamond pass will go on sale next Thursday.

Not going to lie though, depending on the price, it might be nice to have a few days between the announcement and tickets going on sale!

The suspense is killing us all but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I don't think the diamond pass should be available on the day of the announcement. For me it will cause panic buying amongst people before they sell out and then some will realise later they can't really afford it. For me a fairer solution is announce the guest and price on Thursday and then say a week later make the pass available. It will let people have time to think about it first.

• Like 2

Jason has said that this will be the case, but there will be a limited amount.

Just saw the post, this is crazy, too many posts to read....

• Like 1

I would imagine one good reason for not listing a price in advance is to avoid getting responses like:

If its £XXX it can't be Y, cos he / she isnt worth that

Particularly if Y happens to be correct, then reads the posts and decides actually they'd rather not come at all, thanks.

Also, I am somewhat amused by people stating they can't afford to pay significant sums (e.g. £300) at no notice because they need a week to get that kind of money together or transferred from their other accounts. (First World Problems) (Just a personal observation)

Some people actually have a savings account to use for stuff like this and a bank account which is always severely overdrawn (or is that just me?) Plus its difficult to get the time to transfer the money when you're working all week so a little notice is required.

• Like 3

It could be a Walking Dead person.

It could be a Star Wars person.

It could be an Indiana Jones person.

It could be a Terrahawks person.

It could be a Batman person.

It could be a Dr Who person.

It could be a Game of Thrones person.

It could be a Fandom that I'm not at all familiar with person.

Then again it could be the man who shot Liberty Valance.

It could be Holly Valance.

It could be the Ivy.

It could be someone from Major League Baseball.

It could be Tommy Cannon.

It could be Will Smith.

It could be Corey Feldman

Maybe possibly someone who is known by three initials, or four, or five, or two, or one....

Take your pick :)

Um but I thought they said 'A' List? I don't know half the people here and whats a Terrahawk?! Unless this is a joke and Im not catching it (Im tired from all the guessing lol)