warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

I can kinda see where Jason is coming from not wanting to (as a company) seemingly put value on the guest prior to announcements in case of backlash on the night.

However for fans, I guess the need for a price in advance is so they know whether it'll be possible to pay on Thursday or not.

The price will determine this guest for me (just depends on the definition of expensive) but regardless of who it is it sounds like quite a coup for Showmasters!

• Like 5

Thanks, Jason, any heads up on the price range, though?

no there is not , some people do like to just go on about things and value and is a guest is a A lister or not , some people forget that these guests are all people and are on here reading from time to time so i am not going to feed these poster by doing that before we go live with who the guest is.

We want to give you a heads up so you all are aware and ready , then on the night if its someone you want to meet and you feel the value works for you them you can buy a pass , if its not for you then you do not have to buy anything.

We want to bring you Amazing guest , people that some of you have been asking for for many many years , over the last few years we have managed to get some of the legend from film and TV to come out and meet you all , this is what we do , we do it the best way we can and in a way that is fare and well managed , we listen and react and evolve and learn , thats all we can do , some of you have asked for more info or other things , there are reasons why things happen like they do, we know the best way to announce a new guest is in this manner and thats why we do it this way .

I hope you see we do listen but we also have learnt a lot from running these events and getting guest to attend our events so you can get to meet them.

This is one of the biggest and best guest we could bring to LFCC i hope you will all be please to meet them.

Take care

Jason

Thank you for the reply. I only asked, on behalf of a lot of people here, because I believe that a heads up about anmoucement would be more beneficial, if we knew roughly how much to prepare. I do not have ready money to spend if I like the guest next week.

That being said, of course you have the right to announce guest as you decide and I appreciate your reply and explaining it. I have loved your events for many years and am grateful for all the guests you bring. I am sure this particular guest will be amazing, too. Roll on Thursday :)

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I appreciate your replys Jason however I don't think us fans are asking for too much in just wanting a rough estimate on how much this pass is going to cost?

This thread if for a warning of a big guest announcement and nothing more.

when the guest is announced all the info will be there.

what day

what they will be doing

who they are

what they are going to cost

etc etc

There is no point on knowing what the price will be till you know who they are, so we are not going to do that sorry.

we are all quite excited here also.

jason

My guess is Hugh Jackman.

Would certainly be an A lister, is fan friendly and would be someone to add to any multi signed marvel project.

Also I recall on the Diamond guest suggestion thread, Jason listed him as a "yes" as a realistic name.

• Like 2

So what you are saying is this announcement next week is only an announcement? Therefore tickets will not go on sale next Thursday, we will only know what the price is and what it entails?

I would guess that the guest's diamond pass will go on sale next Thursday.

Not going to lie though, depending on the price, it might be nice to have a few days between the announcement and tickets going on sale!

The suspense is killing us all but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I met Hugh Jackman a really lovely guy who took time out to talk to me and Andrea which he did not have to , nice to see someone that cool.

I was also at the premier of Wolverine and i hung out in the balcony over looking the red carpet which was very cool , we stood next to this older lady for a hour or so and she told us her son worked on the film ? we asked what did he do , she said he is an actor?, we asked would we know of him she said that he was Hugh Jackman :-D well she was right we did know of him , she was so sweet :-)

sorry for name dropping but he was cool and so was his mum :-)

Jason

• Like 7

This has got me thinking, especially when Jason said its an "A-Lister" and NEVER done a signing before, so here are my thoughts:

John Williams - Composer and LEGEND!!! I dont think he has EVER done a signing, either a "Con" or "book"

Sir Anthony Hopkins

Sir Ben Kingsley

Warren Beatty (dont forget there are already two other Dick Tracy guests attending:)

Christopher Walken

James Woods

Julie Andrews

Jason: Do private signings counts as NEVER signed??? :)

• Like 1

More guesses because Im bored and its fun :smile:

Michael Caine

Clint Eastwood

David Duchovny (not A list but he would be amazing)

Christina Ricci

Ron Perlman

Jennifer Aniston

BRUCE WILLIS omg please

John Travolta

Uh Im gonna stop now Im tired and delirious

Im gonna be so annoyed if I don't guess right I never guess right

Thanks, Jason, any heads up on the price range, though?

no there is not , some people do like to just go on about things and value and is a guest is a A lister or not , some people forget that these guests are all people and are on here reading from time to time so i am not going to feed these poster by doing that before we go live with who the guest is.

We want to give you a heads up so you all are aware and ready , then on the night if its someone you want to meet and you feel the value works for you them you can buy a pass , if its not for you then you do not have to buy anything.

We want to bring you Amazing guest , people that some of you have been asking for for many many years , over the last few years we have managed to get some of the legend from film and TV to come out and meet you all , this is what we do , we do it the best way we can and in a way that is fare and well managed , we listen and react and evolve and learn , thats all we can do , some of you have asked for more info or other things , there are reasons why things happen like they do, we know the best way to announce a new guest is in this manner and thats why we do it this way .

I hope you see we do listen but we also have learnt a lot from running these events and getting guest to attend our events so you can get to meet them.

This is one of the biggest and best guest we could bring to LFCC i hope you will all be please to meet them.

Take care

Jason

As a student, knowing the price range in advance would be most beneficial. If tickets are to be released at the same time of announcement, a lot of people may miss out simply in time took transferring money etc. to buy it! It's in no way taking the excitement away from getting a great guest, but helping your loyal customers prepare if it's a dream guest for them.

• Like 2

Someone from Big Bang Theory is my guess

Could be Jim Parsons, don't know if he's signed at an even before though? :)
Big fan of the show would love to meet him! Don't know if he would be classed as A List celebrity though.
I do kind of agree but they are the highest paid actors in TV these days. That's TV A list. I don't think it's them though as none of them are exactly household names.

Whether or not he meets the conditions of the post, he's on Broadway from May until August, so I'd say just a little bit unavailable...

actually stars on broadway do get time off for film promotion and stand ins can take over. Carey Mulligan is currently on broadway with Skylight but she now has the week off to return to England to promote 'Far from the madding crowd' including premiere. It won't be Jim parsons of course because he isn't a big enough name but just saying that actors can and do get time out from plays.Tom Hanks got a week off from his last play to promote his film release as did Samuel Jackson..

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Someone from Big Bang Theory is my guess

Could be Jim Parsons, don't know if he's signed at an even before though? :)
Big fan of the show would love to meet him! Don't know if he would be classed as A List celebrity though.
I do kind of agree but they are the highest paid actors in TV these days. That's TV A list. I don't think it's them though as none of them are exactly household names.

Whether or not he meets the conditions of the post, he's on Broadway from May until August, so I'd say just a little bit unavailable...

actually stars on broadway do get time off for film promotion and stand ins can take over. Carey Mulligan is currently on broadway with Skylight but she now has the week off to return to England to promote 'Far from the madding crowd' including premiere. It won't be Jim parsons of course because he isn't a big enough name but just saying that actors can and do get time out from plays.Tom Hanks got a week off from his last play to promote his film release as did Samuel Jackson..
For contracted promotional activities for films etc, which are generally known about before they take the theatre role (if maybe not always exact dates), then yes they take time off. I have never known an actor to take time out of a theatre role to attend a convention. If it was someone on the West End that would be a different matter - I've seen Sunday con appearances from many actors in that position over the years.

There is no point on knowing what the price will be till you know who they are, so we are not going to do that sorry.

That is actually quite a disappointing statement for you to make Jason.

If I have say £150 in my bank and on Thursday find out its a guest I want, but the price is say £250+ then that's a massive reason to have been pre warned of price!

• Like 10

That is actually quite a disappointing statement for you to make Jason.

If I have say £150 in my bank and on Thursday find out its a guest I want, but the price is say £250+ then that's a massive reason to have been pre warned of price!

Sorry Jason, as I do appreciate and respect your responses and comments, but I have to agree with Murph and others on this one.

A price range would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks for all your advice so far.

• Like 2

Yeah i agree, regarding the pricerange. The thing is as you say, when the tickets run out, they run out. And there wont be anymore, thats it. So lets say it's a huge guest plenty of people wanna meet, but when they get the price, hardly anyone can afford it, casue they werent prepared for the price. I myself might have to borrow money from my mom just for this (if it's someone i wanna meet) and how much should i borrow? it takes time to get the money transfered and so on, so when all thats done, i might as well have lost my ticket cause they sold out. :/

so a pricerange would be very good to have. :)

sorry for the bad english. XD

P.S. Days and such aint of no importance for me, or other info. But a pricerange shouldnt be to much to ask for. :P

Edited by Gamabunta
  • Like 2