warning everyone Very BIG guest announcement on Thursday the 16th

If it wasn't for 'Its not going to be who everyone thinks its going to be', I would have said Harrison Ford.

If they've been planning to get this guest for years, then that means they have been very famous for a few years at least. But it's probably likely they've been famous for a decade or so at least.

When you say world first signing, does that not include doing a signing at a large convention in america? (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name, it's 4 letters, begins with S, normally main casts of things attend and they show trailers and do panels etc) Or have they never done a signing at that either?

The mention of getting a 'multi signed item' signed suggests they're in something people collect autos from (like on a poster or dvd) which makes me think of Star Wars.

The fact that 'you will know this person' suggests they're a common household name, even if people haven't seen what they're in.

And the wink face here 'you will all agree they are an A list guest ;)' almost seems to suggest this is a clue. It's probably not! But maybe the 'A'. Avengers? That leads me to think it could be Robert Downey Jr?

My current guesses are:

Robery Downey Jr

George Lucas

Harrison Ford

• Like 1

Well crikey...I am EXCITED. Im hoping for Orlando Bloom but if its a first world signing guest then I know he's done a recent con so doubt it.

Im excited for my friends who are going. It may be a huge announcement for them. If my fiancè loves it I may have to buy him his Diamond pass as an early anniversary pressie :)

• Like 1

Some idea of price would be helpful so we can decide if it's even worth considering or can try and get the money together in time in case it is someone we might be interested in. Expecting people to have hundreds of pounds available (I assume it'll be at that level) at short notice without some kind of idea isn't very reasonable. Normal guest prices is one thing but this is starting to get to a different level and I'm sure others would appreciate time to sort out necessary funds.

• Like 5

People are throwing names out there without reading the opening post.

Just speculating here, but the clues read as if this guest would not do another signing due to their busy schedule or perhaps their age.

It wont be:

• The Rock - He's done signings before and has a lot of time ahead of him to make more appearances in his life time.
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger - again done signing before and Showmasters already stated a while back that they are not looking at booking him this year.
  • Harrison Ford - I really don't think he would be planning these events whilst recovering from his accident.
  • Jamie Lee Curtis - Already did her one and only appearance in the US so not a World's first
  • Al Pacino - already doing a signing this year whilst he's on tour.
  • Sigourney Weaver - Already done signings before - most noticeably when attending the Aliens reunion in Canada.
  • Michael J Fox - "it's not who you think"

A random guess for me would be Ian Holm. It's someone that Showmasters has talked about in the past and fits in with the "Its been years in the planning" quote.

Kiefer Sutherland is a good guess too but not sure whether he's done a signing before.

Edited by Graphic_Delusions
  • Like 6

Why is there always an unwillingness from SM to let us have at least some indication of prices? For some of us, there's a huge difference between a diamond pass at £150 and one at £250.

You would think that by now SM would realise most of us need to budget for LFCC. Clearly not.

I'd guess at even more than that if it's a real huge Hollywood A Lister, I think I recall seeing when Arnie did a private dinner and signing the tickets were upward for £1000. SM are very good at making sure we don't pay over the odds but for an A lister I'd guess more in the £400 range.

What about Liam Neeson ? Big guest, could help people complete Star Wars cast shots and one guest people might not expect.

Doesn't sound like MJF because of the note about not being a guest people are asking for.

Other possibles, Harrison Ford, Sigourney Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis, Al Pacino, Sylvester Stallone, Arnie ?

The biggest guest ever, that has to mean someone pretty big when you think of tbe guests that have attended over the years.

Lets just hope the diamond pass price isn't too eye watering.

I look forward to the inevitable people moaning that it's not someone they want to meet...

Seeing some of the comments on facebook really makes me despair at some peoples attitudes

Please note this is not directed at anyone posting here, the posts on this thread seem to be all good so far

Hoping for Sarah Michelle Gellar as she rarely signs in public and has always said she won't do cons so she would be a big surprise and many buffy fans probably have multi signed items for her to add to. Realistically, I do think it will be someone who is from a popular scifi movie franchise that Showmasters has had other members of ensemble cast from regularly such as Star Wars, Back to the future or Ghostbusters. Dan Ackroyd or Bill Murray would be amazing. Personally, would like some movie stars like Michelle Pfeiffer, Michael Keaton, Kim Basinger or Jack Nicholson, Keanu Reeves or Christina Ricci. Have to agree with those saying it is likely to be a limited signing due to age / health but it could also be limited due to filming or theatre commitments or the guest feeling shy and apprehensive about meeting lots of fans at once. Would love to know the price as it will be a major game changer for fans. It would also be nice to know if its one of the big name stars who have recently started doing private signings in hotels for autograph companies to sell to fans such as Harrison Ford, Mickey Rourke, Kristen Bell and Sharon Stone. As much as I would love it to be Johnny Depp to complete Nightmare pieces I would be surprised if it was such a current star and Johnny's very fan friendly and signs up a storm at premieres and talk show appearances so wouldn't call his sig rare. Some say Michael J Fox is unlikely but he does do private signings so he could one day do a limited convention signing.Hoping for an Alister whose had a big career and made loads of popular movies since the 90s or earlier rather than an up and coming star

I'm in agreement with others suggesting that SM reveal the price before hand, it'll alow us to prepare/know in advance whether we can afford the ticket or not.

My guesses are Harrison Ford, George Lucas or MJF.

I don't think HF will be planning this kind of thing so soon after being released from hospital. He is also doing a signing event in the states this year. George Lucas would be amazing though! MJF is reasonable but people seem to be picking up on the " it's not who you think" part. Which could mean it's someone out of the blue.... The wait continues ;)