Venue signal

This may be a bit of a silly question. But I was hoping someone could tell me what the signal inside the venue is like. At the CMK stadium the signal is really bad, so you'd have to go outside to use your phone and card machines are really iffy. I've yet to do LFCC so I just wondered what the venue signal is like there, so that I'll know whether my card will work or if I should bring cash instead. I'm also going with a group and plan on meeting up with people so it'd be handy to know if my phone will work.

My Flintstone mobile doesn't get a signal and I often saw the Sales desk staff holding the PDQ machines up in the air to get a signal... Often made me laugh (modern Technology) :no: Cash is always better to have, but depends on how much your happy to carry lots of it around. I guess I can hold on to it for ya..... ;)

The only problem I've experienced in big London venues is network congestion. When you have 100,000 people all in a small area using just a few masts, it tends to pretty unreliable, especially for Internet!

All the shows I've done at Olympia the signal has been intermittent - if you think of the signal like a cake - there's only so much to go round and when you add in to that mix everyone trying to use mobiles and vendors using PDQ terminals something has to give.

Unreliable internet is not good when the tickets are now on an internet app

As Wrong Name has said

You can save the tickets as .pdf files on your smart device or if you are an iPhone user, you can save them to Passbook. This way you don't need the Internet.

Alternatively, like me, you can print off copies and take those. It's entirely optional how you take your tickets and not a prerequisite that it has to be accessed via the EventBrite app.

I'd take a reasonable amount of cash and take a card for over flow. I always take cash with me and a card encase there is that thing i SOOOO want but i have not quite got enough money left over to pay in full for it. Plus if you take cash you know exactly how much you have to spend over the weekend and however much you think you can restrain yourself once you are there presented with ALL those stalls and you keep seeing things you like then you will spend them. I find if i set myself a budget or say £150- £200 then i will usually stick close to that amount of cash and only if i have not spent all my money but see something i REALY want that is just over what i have left will i use my card. If you just take a card you go crazy because you aren't always keeping track of how much you have spent. You can go mad with buying stuff at LFCC if you don't set a budget for the weekend. Plus with different things (autos, talks or photo sessions) sometimes being on different days if certain guests are only there for a day then budgeting per day can be hard as there may be different amounts of people you want to see on different days. If you are worried take cash but have a card as backup. That's what i do.

• Like 1

The other thing about card machines (and I remember this being posted by someone last year) - you need to check whether they're UK or non-UK traders when they process the transaction because you can also have conversion fees to pay in addition to what you're spending. For instance, SLFCC14 had a Dutch couple selling film posters so there'd have been fees there for card payments.