Thank you, Showmasters!

Hi,

Just a post to say a massive well done to everyone at Showmasters for providing a good, quality Film & Comic Con for the second year in a row.

This year ran a lot more smoothly I felt and the space was much better managed, I didn't feel as claustrophobic as last year. The stores were amazingly brilliant this year (my wallet took a massive hit) and, although there were a few who grumbled, the guests were fantastic and delighted that I had my book signed by all the Game of Throne guests - James Cosmos is a gent by the way!

The talks I attended were brilliant, especially the Game of Thrones one, I never stopped laughing from their anecdotes, even when they answered my question.

I should also say a huge, huge, HUGE thank you to the staff as well, they were so friendly and offered to help as much as they could especially with one bit. I left the arena and completely forgot that I had a James Cosmos photo shoot to attend, they allowed me to explain myself, dealt with the problem accordingly with supervisors and so kindly let me go back to get my picture taken, I'm so grateful for that.

The only problem that bothered me, was as I was entering the building with the security staff that were checking bags. I had my over-shoulder bag looked at (no problems with that whatsoever) and had my tablet device taken out and told that "These are not allowed inside the venue" and the person even was looking to confiscate it! Thankfully, I was allowed in after a couple of minutes, but was totally unaware that tablets were prohibited, even though I used mine last year and seen numerous fans using theirs and video cameras, did any one else experience this?

Some of the costumes that were there were superb by the way, There was a Captain America (Winter Soldier) with an actual adamantium-looking shield, wish I got my photo taken with it! Well done to everyone who dressed up, you all looked awesome!

Already looking forward to next year, if it goes ahead of course.

Keep up the great work guys!

Edited by MFBriggsDC

There's not a lot I would improve on, but here are a couple of things that, if added, would easily make this event a massive annual encounter for Newcastle.

1. Device info - Some notice or a forum link confirming what is/isn't allowed at the venue - personal experience over the weekend had me confused and, in the end, too afraid to take out my tablet.
  2. Signs - like a couple of threads I've been reading a lot of people struggled to find comic artists and the BTTF photo shoot, just a couple of signs or something on a map layout maybe? I can't remember if they did show on the floor plan, I may have missed it though!
  3. Guests - Everyone will have their say, personally, I loved the guests this year. Would have I wanted more? Of course, but who wouldn't? Last year I was in my element, Carl Weathers, Kenny Baker (Hope he's okay btw!), David Prowse, I didn't know where to look. This year, the GoT cast definitely caught my eye and was buzzing about talking to them about the show, but felt bad that the other headliner guests didn't really get me going, I only knew JM from Smallville and 'Tod' from Scrubs. Nonetheless, I'm grateful of who Showmasters managed to bring.
  4. More artists - I although I kinda knew who Cary Nord was, the rest I wasn't so sure on. Maybe next year a 'headliner' artist from the CB world could be confirmed? I would be class if so.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else, it was much better organised than last year and it was 10x better in terms of stores (the quirky CBM slogan t shirts near the guest talks area was my favourite) for shopping.

Great event and very well organised. It might just me but the only thing I found confusing when I first entered was on which side of the arena was for the guest photoshoots versus the BTTF one. This could have easily been identified as A or B on the information boards.

• Like 1