Feedback and Photos

Thought i'd start off the posts about the event! I don't have any photos to share, but feel free to post yours!

I only wanted to meet James Marsters, Mark Stanley and Ben Crompton. My aim for this event was to be in and out as quick as possible, getting the autographs and going. However, I wasn't sure how quick I'd be able to meet James.

I joined the queue at about 8:30am. It was very clear where to go and the venue team outside were helpful. I was inside just before 9:10am. I went and got a VQT for James (I was no. 32). I was very pleased that a lot of the guests were already at the tables signing. I met Mark and Ben within about 15 minutes of being inside. Then I went to find out what numbers had been called for James' physical queue. I got told to come back in a few minutes because the crew didn't want the queue to be too big so people could get passed, perfectly understandable. I then came back and was allowed to join the queue. The crew were very helpful and organised, despite dealing with a large amount of people in a small, busy place. I entered the building at 9:10am and I was ready to leave by 10:10am so I was very impressed. Great job Showmasters and all crew and staff involved! :coolthumb::D

• Like 1

Hi
I just wanted to add what a great morning I had at Comic Con :)

We arrived at 8.45 with early bird tickets to hand and were through the doors at 9:15 ish which made my impatient husband happy
My plan once inside was to abduct James Masters but alas the scary security Lady gave me the look which meant I had to settle for a photo with him instead
bought a ticket, queued up, had my 45 seconds with him and got my photo. Lovely atmosphere, wonderful cosplayers and very helpful staff!!!
Spent far to much money on Funko pops and Tshirts.
My only thoughts were they need a few more guests so when people cancel at the last minute or miss there connecting flights it doesn't look so bad
but saying that after seeing James and briefly seeing Eve I was completely satisfied!!!! We were out the door by 11.10 am

Bring on NFCC 2016....I'm already getting my guest list suggestions ready :thumbup:

PS please tell the fella who was watching the James Masters photo queue at 10:50 that he kept us entertained so this is for him

Edited by Mitsy2k
  • Like 1

Had a fantastic day yesterday, was very laid back while also well organised.

Only wanted to meet James marsters which I did on his morning shoot. Staff were very friendly and had a good grasp of where to put people.

Went to eves talk and as always she was phenomenal! Brilliantly funny and at ease

James talk later in the afternoon was also brilliant! We were so lucky to get low numbered tickets and I loved how the seats were in number order.

All in all a fab day

• Like 1

Lol at the Robert Maschio clip - I was in the photo queue for (I think it was) Mark Stanley yesterday, and out came Robert from his Scrubs costume shoot along the corridor, talking to all the queue-rs ... then proceeded to walk straight into the women's toilet block... wonder if it WAS a genuine mistake now ; )

Edited by Rotor1999

My feedback - I thought it was very well organised and was pleased with my visit today.Got pictures with Robert Maschio and Kristanna Loken who were both really nice and friendly, especially Robert. He even came out before the photo shoot to say hi to everyone that was waiting and walked along the queue speaking to people.

Only complaint I'd have, which I'm not sure anything could be done about, was inconsiderate people getting in everyone's way. I'm not sure if it would be possible to mark a section down the middle of each aisle and prohibit stopping in that area so people can use it freely walk up and down. It's a nightmare when a big group of people decide they want to stop and they have no consideration at all for the people around them. I found myself frequently frustrated with people doing that, stopping everyone around from being able to get past.

Wow at the Robert interview. Utterly fantastic! Such a funny guy.

I loved it and its such a shame I was unable to attend both days, I met some really awesome people and was able to attend all the photo ops I came for (exceptions for the dropouts which can't be helped).

The only downside for me is that there were loads of pictures took of me in my Iron Man suit on the Saturday and some of them would've been really awesome to get a copy of. Sadly nobody has replied to my post with any pictures :-( if you do have any tag me @JBirdV1 on Twitter.

Bring on NFCC 2016! Can't wait to be back there!

For cosplay itt may be worth having some business cards printed with your Twitter ID and ask there n then for them to be sent instead of after :)

The prop photoshoot was on the same side as talk area A and located in same place as the guest photo area just on the other side

• Like 1

Had a great day on the Saturday. Arrived at 9am with early bird tickets to join a huge queue. No need to worry though as this went down very quickly and was inside in just over 20 minutes. Once inside it was easy to get around, didn't seem overly crowded. Everything was signposted well and as always showmasters staff were very helpful and friendly. Met Kristanna Loken and the 3 Game of Thrones guys who were all friendly and happy to pose for photos at the signing desks. Most guests seemed to be doing this with the exception of Dave Prowse. Was able to wander round the stalls at a leisurely pace and left at 1pm. People were still coming in at this time but it didn't seem too busy and the queues weren't big at all. Only thing i didn't see was the back to the future shoot area. Wasn't planning on doing this one anyway as i'm waiting for the deloreon shoot at another event but wondered if anyone else did and what it was like?

I went to check it out as I wasn't sure what was going to be there. It was just a big clock face though and I wasn't very interested in it. Judging by the staff that were there, they didn't seem like they'd been kept very busy.

We arrived at about 9:30 (Saturday) and even though we had early bird tickets we still had to queue but only for 20 minutes or so not too bad.

Had a wander around and went to the talks by Kristanna Loken and Ray Park which were cool (ray park especially).

It as rammed early on but people seemed to leave very early this year and by 3pm you could walk around with ease which was a bit strange.

All in all I enjoyed it but with the last minute guest cancellations and claudian Christian not even turning up on the day I can't say I enjoyed it as much as last years.

Another couple of points:

1: Where were the artists this year? I couldn't spot them anywhere and as a Huntress fan I was looking forward to seeing Marcus To yet I couldn't see him anywhere.

2: On the schedule posted on this very forum there's a huge column marked 'props :BTTF', did I miss something? I didn't see any props at all apart from Kitt the car???

I look forward to hearing everyone else's thoughts.

I'll be back next year no doubt but here's hoping for a better guest turn out next time :-)

I was the same when I was looking for Cary Nord to get my comic signed, had to ask the lovely Showmasters staff there on their location and for the BTTF photoshoot too.

The BTTF photo was a tiny bit poor in my opinion, I was expecting maybe a background or more props, am I asking too much there haha? The lock was great but I was left wanting more, I'm guessing that's why it was a bit quiet?

I had a great day on Saturday. I arrived at the arena at about 8:50 with my early bird ticket. I would have liked to arrive slightly earlier but the 6am train from Glasgow was the earliest one I could take. It was disheartening to see the length of the queue but I have to say it moved along nicely and I was inside at 9:15 or so.

Once inside I was disappointed there was again no cloakroom open so I had to spend the day wearing my thick wintercoat and carrying my golf umbrella. One of the security guys even told me 'they shouldn't have let you in with that'. I ignored his comment, there was a stall selling swords for crying out loud!

I was happy that the autograph queues were not long at all. The longest ones were for guests I didn't meet (Eve Myles and James Marsters). I met 9 other guests however and queues were short and all were open ones, I didn't need my VT ticket for Ray Park. My longest wait was for Max Grodenchik but that was because he spent a lot of time talking to all fans, what an incredibly nice guy! I loved the little fan he had to dry the ink, brilliant!

I was pleased with my photo shoot with Kristanna Loken and planned to get all autos before my Claudia Christian shoot at 12 but it turned out she had cancelled. I thought about doing the Back to the Future prop shoot but somehow I remembered it as a photo with the Delorean but it was a picture with the clock and it didn't look that appealing to me so I decided against it. It will be interesting to see other people's clocktower photos, I hope I will not regret skipping it.

I see a few comments of people who couldn't find the comic book artists or the BTTF photo shoot. Why not ask one of the many staff? That's what they were there for and they seemed happy to help! I have to say though, without the forum I would not have known about the Clock Tower photo shoot, it wasn't particularly well advertised on the day.

Edited by BasG

• Moderators

Well this was my first trip to NFCC and to be honest was a real spur of the moment sort of decision at the end of last week. My main reason for attending this show was to meet Claudia Christian, Garrett Wang and James Marsters and all in all it was a pretty successful trip.

We attended the Sunday and were both apprehensive about getting in, we arrived at the venue at 10:50 and got in around 12:30 where I headed straight for James Marsters after hearing he was stopping signing at 1pm. I was really lucky to be one of the last people of the day that James saw for autographs but as posted on his thread a couple of mistakes on the autographs spoilt this experiece but found James really pleasant.

We then went to the sales desk and picked up a few photo shoot tickets which as ever ran smoothly thanks to the excellent SM crew and venue staff. The highlight of my day was getting to meet Garrett Wang who really was one of my childhood heroes and to get to tell him that was fantastic and watching the spontaneous lightsaber battle between him and Ray Park (Darth Maul) was brilliant. The only thing aside from the issue with James Marsters auto that I was disappointed with was the last minute cancellation of Claudia Christian but unfortunatey issues with airlines can't be helped.

Being a regular attendee to LFCC and Collectormania I wasn't to sure how I would find the Newcastle show after what I'd read last year and having not pre bought tickets but thought the show was very well run, the location was good, guests were great and pending a good line up will be attending again next year.

• Like 1

I enjoyed it this year. There wasn't a huge range of star guests which was a little disappointing, but it seemed a lot more organised than last year. I don't know if this is because they'd taken a row of stalls out to make more room up and down the arena or what but things were better. There were a few points I'd like to make, but don't see it as a big moan because I love this event and thoroughly enjoyed, I just want it to be the best it could be...

We need ideally more variety in the stalls. There were some great stalls there and I visited the sword stall again to make a few purchases, but a lot were glorified car boot sale stores.

I hoped for more comic artists that can do sketches. I know its down to their price choice but in London last year they charged a lot less for just a headshot, also, I felt sorry for who was there as they seemed to be dumped in the dark cold corner. I talked to 1 of them and he said they could have given us a heater or something and a light.

More range of bigger guests. I know its down to who wants to come but try since it has become a popular event.

As for the clock tower photo, I had higher expectations for this. I thought it would have been a green screen behind it so we got a cool background from BTTF3 or maybe a digital doc brown placed on each photo, would have been a simple template to add for each picture, but essentially it was just a big clock face.

Again, I don't want to make it seem like I didn't enjoy it, because I did. I just think they need to still put a bit more effort in

• 2 weeks later...