Horror Flicks to avoid!!!!

Indiana

I thought as we were recommending good horror films we should also recommend a few to avoid.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm afraid as a fan of Halloween I've got to add Halloween 5 to this list. As a completist it is in my collection but without a doubt it is the worst Halloween film ever. (Halloween III doesn't count as it's not a totally bad film, it is just kinda Myers-less).

Also The Blair Witch Project due to the fact that it totally failed to scare/thrill/excite in anyway. You wait 90 minutes to be scared and what do you get? Sick from camera wobble and a complete lack of the heebie jeebies!

Obi-Wan :D

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT !!!!!

cannot stress this enough, the worst, crappyest, most boring film i've ever had the misfortune to view. complete waste of time, AVOID AT ALL COSTS. actutally anything thats got anything to do with wes craven. i'm yet to see a film with his name attached that wasn't complete and utter turd.

yeah also gotta agree with driller killer, it was s***e. particularly the original UK DVD release, which had picture quality so bad it looked like you were watching through greaseproof paper, and the sound was no better. plus it made my DVD player make some very strange sounds!

Im totally expecting to get ripped aprt with this answer

The original texas Chainsaw Massacre, what a bag of crap, saw it on dvd for first time about 2 years ago, arghhhhh, the only emotion it gave me was the one that i was prayin for leatherface to kill the screaming woman.

Let fighting commence

Cabin Fever - Really disappointed. It was awful. One of the worst films I have ever seen.

Urban Legends 2 - Starts off ok with the first murder in the bath tub, then gets really wanky.

My Little Eye - Didn't like this much, very boring, last scene is quite disturbing though.

Driller Killer - Totally agree with you. Its painfully dull.

Cant think of any others at the moment.....

i can't stand wishmaster (don't tell robert!). it was so thick. a freddy knock off with up to date effects.

the person who said they have yet to see a good wes cramen film, i think you mean wes craven and also did you not watch nightmare on elm street cause that film tops em'.

also i really cannot stand to watch the people under the stairs though either. its kinda weird. as if all them kids wouldnt just bust outta there.

the person who said they have yet to see a good wes cramen film, i think you mean wes craven and also did you not watch nightmare on elm street cause that film tops em'.

erm, first of all where exactly did i write "wes cramen", coz i cant see it written anywhere in my post. secondly yes i have seen nightmare on elm street, but i didn't rate it atall, and freddy sucks.

y favourites are:

Friday the 13th series (including Freddy vs. Jason)

Nightmare on Elm Street series

Demonic Tiys

Puppet Master

Child's Play series

Maniac Cop trilogy

28 Days Later

Dawn of the Dead (1978 & 2004)

Day of the Dead

Night of the the Living Dead remake

Evil Dead Trilogy

Hellraiser series

Resident Evil

Wishmaster series

Return of the Living Dead

Halloween series

Texas Chainsaw Massacre series (including remake)

Now this is a man with taste! You don't find to many other people who are fans of such classics as - maniac cop, puppet master and demonic toys.

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT !!!!!

cannot stress this enough, the worst, crappyest, most boring film i've ever had the misfortune to view. complete waste of time, AVOID AT ALL COSTS. actutally anything thats got anything to do with wes craven. i'm yet to see a film with his name attached that wasn't complete and utter turd.

yeah also gotta agree with driller killer, it was s***e. particularly the original UK DVD release, which had picture quality so bad it looked like you were watching through greaseproof paper, and the sound was no better. plus it made my DVD player make some very strange sounds!

Are you joking? Have you seen the full verson?.....This is one sick film.

Horror isn't all about unreal boogymen and blood......

Sorry...I just had to say that...........

I'll give a couple of films to avoid....

Omen 4, Candyman3, Bram Stokers Legend of the Mummy 1 and 2, Troll2, Howling 7 and Prom night 1, 3 and 4...I love 2

y favourites are:

Friday the 13th series (including Freddy vs. Jason)

Nightmare on Elm Street series

Demonic Tiys

Puppet Master

Child's Play series

Maniac Cop trilogy

28 Days Later

Dawn of the Dead (1978 & 2004)

Day of the Dead

Night of the the Living Dead remake

Evil Dead Trilogy

Hellraiser series

Resident Evil

Wishmaster series

Return of the Living Dead

Halloween series

Texas Chainsaw Massacre series (including remake)

Now this is a man with taste! You don't find to many other people who are fans of such classics as - maniac cop, puppet master and demonic toys.

Dollman and Demonic toys are on R2 DVD BUT...no sign yet of Dollman Vs Demonic toys!!...Tim Thomerson and Tracy Scoggins in the same film...cool

Oh god I forgot about that one, Evil Ed is definately a very crap film.

Im ashamed to admit that I absolutely love the people under the stairs......

:P

And I love Evil Ed..... Like Evil Dead, it was made by Uni students with a pasion for film and horror...hats off to them.

People under the stairs??.....I don't mind it although it gets great write ups in film books.

texas chainsaw masacre: the next generation or whatever that heap of crap is called. the one with rene zellweger and mathew mcconaghy.

it was soooooooooo bad and overacted. to stupid, even for a horror movie.

that and wishmaster, my god i fell asleep in the bus, so boring as it was.

Are you joking? Have you seen the full verson?.....This is one sick film.

Horror isn't all about unreal boogymen and blood......

Sorry...I just had to say that...........

I'll give a couple of films to avoid....

Omen 4, Candyman3, Bram Stokers Legend of the Mummy 1 and 2, Troll2, Howling 7 and Prom night 1, 3 and 4...I love 2

yes of course i saw the full version. i'm well aware of the fact that horror isn't all "unreal boogymen and blood", but if you think this film is sick , you really need to start watching some more extreme horror films, especially those that haven't come out of the states, coz i cant really think of any really disturbing or sick horror films that have come from there. japanese and italian films are usually a good bet.

in comparison to a lot of other movies i've seen LHOTL was about as "sick" as the Harry Potter movies. LHOTL was tame, tame, tame.