Question About Pen Colours

Hi :)
Bit of a weird question, but I'm really OCD about this.

I have every autograph I get from cons on a wall display, but the differences in pen colours (Black, blue and gold) really bothers me. On some of the autographs the black ink is really hard to see, which is a shame because some of the best autos don't stand out on the wall.

Is there any way to make sure the guest signs in a certain colour (say, gold), without asking them? I think that would sound a bit weird.

Really random and strange question, I know, but any advice would be much appreciated.

Jakers :)

There's a very similar discussion just one page back:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87924

You can ask of course, or if you want to bring your own pen that's fine too. Nothing weird about that. Just as pointed out in this topic the guests are human or sometimes the request won't make it through. There's always room for error.

Some people use post-it notes attached to the item being signed with their name on to help the guest. You could do that and also specify the required colour on that. I know it's still asking but it's a different way.

I did that once but put the wrong post-it on by mistake and the celeb made my pic out to 'Tin of Beans, Loaf of Bread, Pint of Milk' - won't make that mistake again!! ;):P

• Like 6

Hi :)

Bit of a weird question, but I'm really OCD about this.

I have every autograph I get from cons on a wall display, but the differences in pen colours (Black, blue and gold) really bothers me. On some of the autographs the black ink is really hard to see, which is a shame because some of the best autos don't stand out on the wall.

Is there any way to make sure the guest signs in a certain colour (say, gold), without asking them? I think that would sound a bit weird.

Really random and strange question, I know, but any advice would be much appreciated.

Jakers :)

People ask all the time, it's fine. Some also bring their own pens, maybe if you don't want to ask the guest ask the crew member sat with them?

• Like 1