Could've told us!

VERY disappointed to visit today, only to find that some of the people we wanted to meet were not willing to pose for photos (they had signs that were up from doors open). We were travelling with a group of young Sci fi fans on a budget, only to be told Darth Vader wouldn't pose with them for pictures (Several upset Terminator fans after Kristanna Loken told us the same thing). Would've appreciated this being put on the home page, surely you knew, or could've updated the site this morning.

Not happy

:(

I'm really sorry that you were disappointed.

But unfortunately the "no pictures" rule is something that is only decided on on the day. It's always the goal to allow photos on the table, although it's always a bonus because you're paying for the autograph.

When the decision is made crowds etc. are taken into consideration. Sometimes a guest doesn't feel well on the day and can't constantly get up for photos. That can even change on the day - I sat with a guest once and got a migraine from the camera flashes, and they weren't even directed at me.

So putting anything on the site is simply not possible because the information can't be kept up to date, and then people would also be disappointed - probably even more so.

VERY disappointed to visit today, only to find that some of the people we wanted to meet were not willing to pose for photos (they had signs that were up from doors open). We were travelling with a group of young Sci fi fans on a budget, only to be told Darth Vader wouldn't pose with them for pictures (Several upset Terminator fans after Kristanna Loken told us the same thing). Would've appreciated this being put on the home page, surely you knew, or could've updated the site this morning.

Not happy

:(

Sorry, but if you want guaranteed photo's pay for a photo shoot. Sometimes the guests don't mind and as stated above it quite often starts out with pictures allowed but during the day the signings are too slow and with crowds building a decision has to be made to ensure everyone at least gets an autograph.

Today was excellent, Ray Park was brilliant and was allowing photos when we met him, which I was surprised and my son very grateful for, thanks!

• Like 1

I've always thought this was fairly standard, some people are happy to get up and down for pics (like Nathan McMullen today), some are not (maybe because of the size of their queue, maybe because they don't want to lose out on photoshoot money). I have to say, in regards to Dave Prowse today, he was very busy all day and also is not as young as he used to be so personal pics with everyone wouldn't really be possible, although the guy in front of me just asked him after he got his signed pic if he could get a photo with Dave and Dave said yes.

Edited by Carlosreddevil

I've been to a number of SM events and some guests have 'no posed photos' and some don't, in most cases even the guests with signs up will still allow a photo as they sign their auto (i always ask permission first); there's only been a small number of occasions where I've failed to get a guest pic, for me its all about the autos.

Great feedback with Ray Park, hoping to meet him tomorrow with my son & a photo will be a BIG bonus.

I appreciate it's at the guests discretion, just wish we could've had more of a heads up on who had decided on this, so the children could've been forewarned. As for the photoshopt option, this wasn't an option for us. As I said the children were on a very tight budget.

I'm not trying to cause waves, just struggled to explain all of the above to group of 12 year olds.

Again I'm really sorry the kids were disappointed. But all listings say "autograph price". Nowhere it does say that a photo at the table is included. If we start off "not included" lists we can go on and on forever - "some guests may not accept presents, want to give hugs"... the list is endless. Just assuming that something is guaranteed to happen because it's not stated it won't happen is extremely positive thinking.

When asked on the forum we always make sure to explain the policy as I laid it out in the first reply. You registered on here before the show and asked about the Delorean. Another question "hey, if you buy an autograph do you get a photo with the guest too?" and this would have been solved. If you have doubts about anything please make sure you ask next time.

• Like 1

I noticed quite a few NO posed photos signs up today. If its someone I really want a photo with I buy a photoshoot that way if they allow them I get both across the desk and photoshoot and if they don't, Ive still got a momento of the day.

On Saturday I got autos and photos at desk with Dan Starkey, Nathan McMullen, Max Grodenchick, Myanna Buring, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Jeff Rawle , Sonita Henry and Jessie Cave. Before the event I had purchase official photoshoot with Myanna and Kristanna. I did get an auto from Kristanna later in the day in Saturday but didn't actually ask for a desk photo as had already got the official photoshoot earlier. So in the main, most of the guests seemed happy to do photos at the desk.