Regarding e-cigs

As an ex-smoker who isn't really bothered by smokers, I'd still say it would only be polite to go outside. Saying that, really it's down to the venue more than Showmasters so I guess you're better off asking them.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

I noticed perhaps 5 or 6 people using e-cigs at the London Comic Con last year. Most of them were in the standing and waiting areas, but a few at the stages too. I didn't see anyone giving them into bother or asking them to put them away, so I guess it's okay to use them unless there's an official policy at the venue itself?

• Like 1

I noticed perhaps 5 or 6 people using e-cigs at the London Comic Con last year. Most of them were in the standing and waiting areas, but a few at the stages too. I didn't see anyone giving them into bother or asking them to put them away, so I guess it's okay to use them unless there's an official policy at the venue itself?

Last year was at Earl's Court whereas this years is at Olympia. They may have a different policy.
  • Like 1

You don't have to breath them in as they are mostly odourless. They are legally allowed in most places and that is that.

I don't really care about e-cigs, but just because something doesn't have an odour doesn't mean you're not breathing it in. Carbon monoxide is odourless but I'd still prefer not to inhale it.

• Like 5

You don't have to breath them in as they are mostly odourless. They are legally allowed in most places and that is that.

Just because it may be legal it doesn't automatically make it permissible. The event is being held on private property so will be down to the venue owners. Unfortunately I haven't run a stall at Olympia for several years so I don't have access to their current T&Cs.

The local railway stations to me have a no smoking policy on any of their platforms which includes electronics in addition to the various standard formats.

As has been said above just because they are allegedly odourless (meaning does not produce a smell which in my experience has not always been the case) does not mean to say that there is no discharge of potentially damaging substances.

Likewise, think about others who object to smoking in any form and someone goes stands next to them in the queue puffing away, what do they do? (Perhaps turn that last one around slightly. How would you feel if someone with chronic smelling wind stood next to you and kept breaking wind?)

• Like 2

I emailed Olympia about e cigarettes and this s their reply

"Unfortunately visitors may not use e-cigarettes inside the venue.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Kind Regards,
Emma Rogerson

Customer Services"

• Like 10

E cigs have around 10 x more chemicals in them than regular cigarettes and the second hand vapour is worse for you than second hand smoke.

They are in no way more healthy only good thing is yoy dont reek of smoke.

The use of E-cigs are not permitted on London Buses, tubes and trains. Nor can they be used on stations and platforms.

The use of E-cigs are not permitted on London Buses, tubes and trains. Nor can they be used on stations and platforms.

I don't need you to quote where, read the post right.

Issac

Good thing that they're not allowed. Even thinking about smoking anything inside the building is disrespectful to anybody else. There are little kids in attendance and ppl (like me) who easily get a headache from smelling (e-)cigarettes.

• Like 2

My thought is, if you have a bad habbit, bring it outside. :)
Feels like some people goes with the "i changed from cigarett to e-cigg so i can smoke indoors" well, if you have a bad habbit, dont force it on others. :)

In the end, it is still your choice to smoke. ;)

Edited by Gamabunta
  • Like 1

I'm very happy there won't be any e-cigs inside this year. sometimes i was coughing last year at the smells of some of the e-cigs. We don't truly know the effects of some of these vaping liquids and quite frankly id much rather not save to stand in a queue for an hour with someone puffin stuff into my face the whole time it would joust spoil my day. Thanks enty. Also preventing e-cigs in public is preventing kids from using them in a way because the less kids see them being used the less they will want to use them.

Edited by stargate geek emily
  • Like 1