Can I return my tickets?

I recently found out I won't be able to come to London Comic Con and need to do something with my tickets. Am I allowed to return them to Showmasters and get a refund, or would I have to sell them on to other people?

If I do need to sell them on, where do you think would be the best place to do that?

• Like 1

[quote name="Queen_Sindel" post="1906537" timestamp="14

It's not a question of the mods not allowing it - the tickets simply are not transferable.

Unfortunately, there's no refund. And you can't sell them on the forum either (the mods won't allow it).

It's not a question of the mods not allowing it - the tickets simply are not transferable.

It's something that should be looked into in the future.

I mean if you have limited tickets at an event like London, person 1 looses out because they've spent and can't go, person 2 looses out because they can't get in, yet have cash to spend, and organiser looses out even more because neither 1 or 2 are in the building to spend perhaps 10x or more the ticket value in person.

• Like 3

There is a re-sale policy for the smaller ME shows indeed when sold out.

I don't have any info if something is in the works for the SM events, but with the rate especially LFACC is growing I imagine this is really something that can be looked at in the future.

We are in the same position: two regular Gold Pass tickets purchased last year, and now, unfortunately, we are not able to attend due to an unforeseen change in our circumstances. I can understand the reasons for not refunding, but a transfer to others would not harm anything or anyone, but until now, there seems no opportunity for either. I agree, this should be looked into, and hopefully soon...

I think they should do what theatres do, when they have sold out they will take the ticket and try and sell it for you, that way no one loses out

I was just about to suggest exactly the same thing.

But what about if it's not sold out? For the people above, losing the cost of two gold passes is a considerable amount of money which no-one can afford to waste. Circumstances do change and not using an £18 entry ticket is one thing but a £225 gold pass is not a small matter.

I think they should do what theatres do, when they have sold out they will take the ticket and try and sell it for you, that way no one loses out

I was just about to suggest exactly the same thing.

But what about if it's not sold out? For the people above, losing the cost of two gold passes is a considerable amount of money which no-one can afford to waste. Circumstances do change and not using an £18 entry ticket is one thing but a £225 gold pass is not a small matter.

Unfortunately it basically comes down to Showmasters being a business. Just because your circumstances have changed has nothing really to do with them. They state no refunds as they are legally allowed to do and that's the bottom line. As much as you want to protect yourself from losing money SM want to do the same for themselves. It's harsh, but if you can't afford the loss, then maybe you shouldn't buy in the first place. Sorry to be so blunt, but I'm just saying it how it is.

Try returning concert or football tickets. You'll find you're out of luck. Same thing.

Yeah, but you can sell them to other fans, or on a secondary market.

A can't think of many events where you can't sell them on or transfer them at all?

I'm not sure how it is in the UK, but here in Germany most football tickets and a lot of concert tickets are now personalized just for the reason of the second market getting out of hand. I've seen people being refused entry that had bought a personalized ticket from another attendee.

As the original question has been answered I am going to close here now - if SM wish to comment they can reopen the topic at any time.