validation charge on tickets

I've booked tickets via eventbrite clicked on the two boxes you have to tick before processing and looking at the email confirmation I've only been charged face value no but says accepted for agreeing e-ticket validation. I'm now worried that my tickets are not gonna be valid as I haven't been charged the £2.50 per order. Could someone clear this up for me

Many thanks

I've booked tickets via eventbrite clicked on the two boxes you have to tick before processing and looking at the email confirmation I've only been charged face value no but says accepted for agreeing e-ticket validation. I'm now worried that my tickets are not gonna be valid as I haven't been charged the £2.50 per order. Could someone clear this up for me

Many thanks

You'll recieve an email with steps to follow to add the charge this time. For the future, once you've ticked both boxes, you still also need to click on the thumb.jpg image to the left of the 2nd tickbox to actually add the charge to the order. The charge isn't added unless you click the image as ticking the boxes simply means you agree to the T&Cs. There seems to be problems with the image showing on certain handheld devices though so that may account for your problem as well.

Edited by Zahariel

• Moderators

if the charge has not been added, you WILL receive an email to sort this out in the next week or so. You will not lose the tickets you have bought.

They're working on trying to simplify this issue, but until then emails will go out regularly to those that have missed it.

Edited by etmuse

Ive just had an email about exactly the same.

Rediculous way of doing things, especially as theres no postage anymore..and before someone says theres still admin charges etc..well they managed fine before charging the same and that included postage, so admin must have really shot up in cost now!

• Like 1

I've now payed the validation charge.

When I meet Richard Dean Anderdon do I bring both tickets. Photo shoot ticket and validation ticket

Just the photoshoot ticket.

I did 2 orders over 2 days, but only had 1 email!! does that mean I gotta do a value of 2 or will I get another email for my other order???

Change the value to 2, we link the orders on the back end.

I did 2 orders over 2 days, but only had 1 email!! does that mean I gotta do a value of 2 or will I get another email for my other order???

Change the value to 2, we link the orders on the back end.

I will have to do another one, as put it through for 1 without thinking doh!! as thought would get another email, stating for photos. oh well

So do we have to pay a validation charge per ticket? I've ordered a ticket for saturday, a ticket for sunday, a ticket for Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Frances Lee McCain, etc etc..if I have to pay £2.50 per ticket it will cost me up of about £15 extra..please tell me its not that way..I just got directed a page that said pay £2.50 but it didn't say what ticket it was for

I've had my e-mail now and accepted the validation charge.

Has anyone else had problems when booking from mobile devices ? PC seems to be fine and I can see the additional button, but from a mobile device I didn't even have the option to add the additional £2.50.

I actually find the charge fairly low, although if you book a number of times , this will obviously stack up, but if you are familiar with what ticket companies charge to go and see a music act for example, then you would really have something to complain about in terms of additional fees !

I've had my e-mail now and accepted the validation charge.

Has anyone else had problems when booking from mobile devices ? PC seems to be fine and I can see the additional button, but from a mobile device I didn't even have the option to add the additional £2.50.

I actually find the charge fairly low, although if you book a number of times , this will obviously stack up, but if you are familiar with what ticket companies charge to go and see a music act for example, then you would really have something to complain about in terms of additional fees !

I agree, I'm happy to pay the charge. It's so much lower than other events (such as concerts etc.) and is for the whole order instead of per ticket like other places.

My confirmation e-mail shows £2.50 for recorded delivery. Is that it? I haven't received an e-mail about not paying a charge and considering how much a Goldpass is I don't want to turn up and be told my purchase wasn't valid because of not clicking an unclear box for £2.50. :/

My confirmation e-mail shows £2.50 for recorded delivery. Is that it? I haven't received an e-mail about not paying a charge and considering how much a Goldpass is I don't want to turn up and be told my purchase wasn't valid because of not clicking an unclear box for £2.50. :/

When did you order? That sounds like you still ordered in the old store. Only the old store would show recorded delivery. The old store didn't have the validation fee.

The 20th of Feb, and it was the second lot of Goldpasses when the first lot sold out. Pretty sure it was the new and updated store. I've bought a Goldpass every year for the last 5 or so years... I have a confirmation e-mail with all the details saying it's all cleared and finished (so I presumed I'd just get in the GP queue on the day and get my wristband etc) but then saw this thing about "validations".

• Moderators

The LFCC store didn't transfer onto the new system until the 25th February, so you bought under the old store. So validation charge is not applicable, and you'll receive a letter to exchange on the day with ID.