London Film & Comic Con Tickets - Temporarily Down

My apologies. As I just posted in another topic, the log on issues were due to continuing efforts trying to fix the error with the redirect which some users are experiencing. Unfortunately this has caused some really crazy side effects which no one expected. If you look into the "suspect page" thread the suggested routes to go to solve this are not easy. I'm no expert and they lost me half way. The forum has not been hacked and we really apologize for the confusion. Everything should be back to normal now.

Regarding the other questions: no matter how many times the question is asked, there's still one admin charge of 2.50 per order only. ;)

If you have not added the admin charge you have neither lost your ticket nor your money. You're not the only one and until the charge gets added by default I am pretty sure you won't be the last one either. ;) You will be contacted. I repeat, you will not lose the ticket or the money.

The order the e-tickets will be called for photos will be confirmed shortly, I've already posted this in another topic this morning. The current format of the tickets is due to the way the EventBrite system is set up.

If the EventBrite site didn't load for you please clean cache and cookies, that does seem to help most of the times. We've been made aware of this problem, but as it's not the server going down unfortunately that's not an easy fix.

• Like 1

Ok, Just used the new ticket site to buy a photo shoot with RDA and now I can truly say.... What a load of Rubbish...

1) My password was not recognised so had to fill in all my details....

2) I hate those timed count down... Grrrrr makes you rush and you have miss all the small print otherwise you are timed out...

3) What on earth is my Date of birth and what sex am I got to do with SM... Are you now selling our details to other companies are we going to be bombarded with Ads now.

4) don't like the look of the ticket.. too much info on them and when you have a lot of these it's going to slow us down....

5) as none of my other questions have been answered I don't expect any answers to these... However it is nice to see other people raise my questions... Oh well roll on events so we can forget all about this ticket rubbish..... :crying:

• Like 2

Ok, Just used the new ticket site to buy a photo shoot with RDA and now I can truly say.... What a load of Rubbish...

1) My password was not recognised so had to fill in all my details....

2) I hate those timed count down... Grrrrr makes you rush and you have miss all the small print otherwise you are timed out...

3) What on earth is my Date of birth and what sex am I got to do with SM... Are you now selling our details to other companies are we going to be bombarded with Ads now.

4) don't like the look of the ticket.. too much info on them and when you have a lot of these it's going to slow us down....

5) as none of my other questions have been answered I don't expect any answers to these... However it is nice to see other people raise my questions... Oh well roll on events so we can forget all about this ticket rubbish..... :crying:

There's almost 25 pages with questions about the new system. So sometimes questions get overlooked, especially if they're repeat questions. I'm sorry, this happens on occasion. Pretty much everything you asked have been answered. etmuse replied to you for the parts she could in the original topic. Maybe you didn't think this was in reply to you as there was a post inbetween.

Regarding these questions now:

1) Sorry, but that's an issue you need to contact EventBrite about.

2) I was told the countdown is 8 minutes? Unless you have to hunt down your credit card that seems like a lot of time.

3) No, the details will not be sold. EDITED because of new information received. This is just the way the EventBrite system is set up. As confirmed below the entry of these details is not mandatory.

4) This has been explained a couple of times already - if you're worried about someone holding up the queue that is. I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly. If you don't have your ticket ready when you've reached the person with the scanner you'll be asked to step aside to get your stuff ready and the queue will keep moving.

As right now I have a moment I will compile the answers to your previous post here again. I can't answer your other questions about the amount of RDA tickets or the procedure if the current batch sells out as I just don't know.

- I would like to know, Are the printed tickets going to be a whole A4 page? Last year I did 61 photo shoots. This means if the ticket

is now A4 size I have to carry a vast amount of paper around. Everything I have ever printed out tends to be A4?

Yes, they do. But as it's been posted a number of times - as long as you have a way to show the barcode and you can tell your tickets apart there's no need to bring the whole page.

- Wont this slow down the queues in the photo shoot area, one person trying to scan the ticket? Brings up lots of issues.. Scanners brake down... Cant read the paper ticket.. Someone in front trying to find the ticket on their phone.. Etc What is going to be the procedure if there is a failed ticket?

I explained that above. If someone doesn't have their paperwork ready they will be asked to step aside. If someone presents an unreadable ticket they'll have to figure out a way to get a "readable" version. I am waiting for confirmation, but if they can't do that the procedure is most likely the same as when you forgot the old ticket version.

Scanners can break down, but that's what backup devices are there for. Same thing as with the printers, SM are not working with one printer only either.

- Will the tickets still be numbered 1 - 400 etc otherwise how do you queue people? it will be a mass free for all? on a first come?

Like I said above with so many photo shoots Timing is everything for me.

The queueing process is (for the events with mixed tickets) first the old tickets, then the e-tickets and then the bought on the say tickets. The procedure how the e-tickets will be called will be posted here as soon as possible.

- At present SM rules only state you need a ticket. Refunds are only given if the guest cancels.. But with a new ticket system in

place which will slow down the queues.. when things go wrong, could mean you miss out meeting a guest. It may not be you with a faulty ticket but the 10th person in front of you. Which puts you late in meeting the next guest? Are you entitled to a refund?

A possible slight slow down will be taken into account for the timing of the photosession. But by no means the delay will be as bad as you seem to expect. It is just not possible that attendees with faulty tickets can be allowed keep up the line. These will have to step aside and find their stuff/get the issue straightened out and let the attendees who have okay tickets go through first. If that wasn't implemented as you say, that will cause a heap of problems. There's also going to be more than one person around to scan so issues with faulty tickets can be dealt with as swiftly as possible.

I hope this answers your concerns now.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I hope people who have physical tickets won't be treated differently to those who have etickets

ie, being placed in a slower queue or people with etickets having queuing priorities.

We've posted this a couple of times already: the procedure for the photoshoots will be old physical tickets first, then e-tickets and then tickets bought on the day.

If you're worried about entry tickets: it's the same for all kinds of tickets. Just get in the prepaid line and wait your turn.

Those fields are not mandatory. I didn't fill them out and placed my order with no problem. So just don't fill them out if you prefer not to. :smile:

What if you have a gold ticket but have an e ticket? I'm assuming gold still get first priority.

Yes, Gold Tickets of course still get priority. The responses I posted above are for normal entry holders only. If I'd have thrown Gold in the mix there would only have been more potential for confusion. :lol:

hum just a suggestion - as there are no numbers on the e-tickets(would be better in future if they have them) but they do have a lot of other details.
so you could organize the e-ticket queue by date ticket ordered and time.
so eg-
all those with Richard dean Anderson e- tickets bought on 26th Feb between 7pm and 7.15pm first
then 7.15pm to 7.30pm etc
just a suggestion unless someone has a better idea-maybe too tall

hum just a suggestion - as there are no numbers on the e-tickets(would be better in future if they have them) but they do have a lot of other details.

so you could organize the e-ticket queue by date ticket ordered and time.

so eg-

all those with Richard dean Anderson e- tickets bought on 26th Feb between 7pm and 7.15pm first

then 7.15pm to 7.30pm etc

just a suggestion unless someone has a better idea-maybe too tall

It is being worked on and TooTall is one of the people working on it. :smile:

Just got a few questions about the e tickets on my phone -

I've just bought some tickets and added the EventBrite mobile app. Much easier than printing tickets off. When i go to look at the tickets on the phone though, it shows the name of the person the ticket is for, however it does not show the day or time it is for, unless the name of the guest is really short. Is there any way to see this information, as if you have a few photoshoot tickets it would be good to show which day and time they are for so you can keep track. Otherwise all you can see is the name. Is there some way to do this?

Also, can i see the tickets as a list, because at the moment I have to sideswipe to go through them, which if you had a lot of tickets, which I likely will by the show, is quite a lot of swiping. It would be great to just select the ticket i want straight away.

Finally is the QR square on the screen the bit that is scanned, i've seen people mention barcodes but its a qr square on a phone?

If anyone has any answers to these, thanks in advance.

• Moderators

The QR code will be the bit that is scanned, yes.

Your other questions are probably better directed at eventbrite, as they're obviously the ones that control updating features on their app.

• Moderators

Why has it even changed to this it was perfectly fine the way it was

This way allows the store to stay open much closer to the event as they don't have to allow for postage time. So if a guest is announced 3 days before the event then it's feasible now to potentially put up photoshoots etc online rather than everyone who wants that guest having to queue at the event. (Tickets for shoots/talks will still be available at the event where not sold out, but this could help the queues be shorter!)

Also frees up people from sitting sticking addresses onto thousands of envelopes and then the correct tickets into said envelopes.