BEST PEN FOR GETTING POSTERS SIGNED

andeedee

Mine is all signed in silver or gold sharpie except one witch was a fine line paint pen. Most guests have a good selection of Pens and usually pick the best one for the poster, unless you have a colour preference or scheme in mind it's a pretty safe bet to leave it up to the guests on the day :)

The black/blue ink on black or dark backgrounds does happen occasionally unfortunately. When you get to the front of the queue ask for the colour you want or take one with you if you want to be sure - you can get the Sharpies in lots of different colours in most high street stationers.

If you aren't taking your own items but want to get one of the free 8x10's signed I find it pays to have a look at what they have on the table before hand and you can have a think about what colour would work best.

With the silver, gold and bronze just be aware that they take a little longer to dry so be very careful when putting away pictures or particularly when rolling up posters.

I have the three vintage star wars posters and I decided to have Star Wars signed in blue, Empire signed in White and Jedi signed in Silver to match the colours in the posters. It is difficult (especially when asking Harrison Ford to switch pen!) but worth it. I would generally use a blue Sharpie, a white oil based marker and a silver sharpie. For the White and the Silver I basically just buy a fresh pen for each convention or stalk. The nibs dry out on those types of pens very easily but the blue sharpies tend to have a good bit of life in them.

Gold or silver sharpies would probably work best unless the item is a light colour then black or blue, but I think it looks better if you have a consistent approach to it rather than a mix, but I guess that's a personal taste thing.

Beware of other paint pens, I've had some bad experiences where they either don't work on the day or suddenly work too much and a whole load of paint comes out and you wouldn't want that believe me on a multi-signed item.

Gosh I didn realise that it was a vintage poster. DONT GET IT SIGNED!!!!! Seriously though I really wouldn't consider getting any signatures on it, frame it up and hang it in a showcase place in your home, like the lounge. Probably worth more that way with the vintage posters. For signing your better off getting a newer one :) but that's just me

Edited by Gmorris2504

I always bring a silver sharpie for my poster, usually the guests have either or gold or silver as well as black.

I had Michael Biehn sign my aliens poster, the other autos on it were in silver, and expected him to sign it with his silver sharpie but he opted for black on a black background instead. I had to interrupt him and ask for silver instead but he didn't have a problem with that. So after this experience I'll always carry my own on me just incase.

I always bring a black, silver and gold sharpie with me, just in case.

Most of the time guests are sensible with what colour they use, but all have been fine if i've asked for a specific colour.

I gave Carrie Fisher my gold sharpie for her to sign my DVD and she said it was a lovely pen! Haha!

As per the other comments.

If this is an original vintage poster and not a reprint DO NOT GET IT SIGNED.

I'd keep these unsigned and have them professionally framed to protect them.

If you're going to have them on display make sure they're not in direct sunlight.

Keep them unsigned and get reprint of the posters.

• Like 1