Showmasters shops moving to e-Ticketing system!

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Would you prefer a blanket raise in tickets to cover these costs? That would be an alternative. ;) And you can bet that this is what's happening if you see a shop that doesn't specifically charge an administrative fee. They worked in that fee in the ticket price.

So are we to expect a decrease in ticket prices now that you are charging the admin fee separately?

There was always a £2.50 per order charge on the old shop, so overall ticket prices will not decrease.

• Moderators

On the subject of ticketing etc, I can't find weekend early entry for LFCC, can I ask why thats not longer an option?

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

There is only one entry time at lfcc this year, no early/standard split. The weekend ticket available is 9am entry like previous 'early' tickets.

• Showmasters Admin

On the subject of ticketing etc, I can't find weekend early entry for LFCC, can I ask why thats not longer an option?

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

All entry tickets for LFCC are now for 9am. There is no later 11am time any more.

Now i use eventbrite for work, so i know they charge a small fee per booking, which can either be charged to the customer or the business, but i think its a bit harsh to still charge us the same as the recorded delivery cost and to say we have to print them off and bring them with us when we attend. I can understand paying that fee if we want a ticket sent out to us, but if im going to keep on my phone, (since i am not going to print it out), then im a bit miffed to pay the recorded delivery cost for someone to type in the exact same information into eventbrite as they currently do on to the website. when you could put it as 50p booking fee, because i assume people like myself end up booking tickets several times, for guests as they announce and to charge £2.50 a pop for an email, is a rip off. Or are you starting a points system? book so many times get a free ticket?

Although on this new system now you wouldn't need to have the ticket desk, so at least the people who man that desk can be put on "queue control" (thinking back to lfcc last year). . . Can we atleast assume anyone getting the new digital tickets from the ticket desk will also be charged a booking fee since this is clearly going away for a physical ticket which you send us?

Oh and another thought will this mean Collectormania MK will actually become free again,(sorry but charging for the first few hours does not make it a free event) since you wont need to pay for the paper, ink or postage for the tickets anymore

• Showmasters Admin

"Per Order"?

As in say, 1 order of 2 entry tickets, a couple of photo ops = £2.50 for the lot

Or

1 photo op = £2.50 - another photo op = £2.50 - 1 entry ticket = £2.50 - another entry ticket = £2.50 = Total - £10.00 for total order...

Number 1, it's the same as present, per order not per ticket.

Now i use eventbrite for work, so i know they charge a small fee per booking, which can either be charged to the customer or the business, but i think its a bit harsh to still charge us the same as the recorded delivery cost and to say we have to print them off and bring them with us when we attend. I can understand paying that fee if we want a ticket sent out to us, but if im going to keep on my phone, (since i am not going to print it out), then im a bit miffed to pay the recorded delivery cost for someone to type in the exact same information into eventbrite as they currently do on to the website. when you could put it as 50p booking fee, because i assume people like myself end up booking tickets several times, for guests as they announce and to charge £2.50 a pop for an email, is a rip off. Or are you starting a points system? book so many times get a free ticket?

Although on this new system now you wouldn't need to have the ticket desk, so at least the people who man that desk can be put on "queue control" (thinking back to lfcc last year). . . Can we atleast assume anyone getting the new digital tickets from the ticket desk will also be charged a booking fee since this is clearly going away for a physical ticket which you send us?

Oh and another thought will this mean Collectormania MK will actually become free again,(sorry but charging for the first few hours does not make it a free event) since you wont need to pay for the paper, ink or postage for the tickets anymore

The ticket desk will still be there, there's quite a number of attendees deciding to come last minute. They still might want to buy photoshoot tickets. The on the day sales have never paid a fee while in advance buyers always have.

Personally I think it's always been worth paying the fee just for peace of mind and knowing you have your tickets safe - we always get posts on here saying "shoot X sold out while I was in line." If you don't think the fee is worth paying you're still absolutely free to buy on the day.

Jason has explained why the tickets for early entry for Collectormania have been added here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86964 It had nothing to do with the ticket mailings.

"Per Order"?

As in say, 1 order of 2 entry tickets, a couple of photo ops = £2.50 for the lot

Or

1 photo op = £2.50 - another photo op = £2.50 - 1 entry ticket = £2.50 - another entry ticket = £2.50 = Total - £10.00 for total order...

Number 1, it's the same as present, per order not per ticket.

thankee....must remember to order everything in one go :D

2,50 per order is still in place? The one thing that stops me from ordering all the time a guest I'm interested in is announced, is that per order extra charge. Guests are announced constantly and there are plenty I'd buy a photoshoot ticket for, but in the old system I'm waiting until enough/all guests are announced, or someone so epic is announced that I don't want to risk on missing out, before I place an order.

As you can imagine this is an irritating way of ordering tickets: I have to wait, running the risk on missing out and SM will have to wait for my order, if it comes at all, as SM events aren't the only ones I'm going to, nor the only ones that have great guests and I can only spent my pounds once. A shame no solution for this is available yet :(

But glad to see an Eticket system is finally implemented, good move!

Edited by Vhiper
  • Like 1

I don't have access to a scanner so I would be relying on the barcodes on my smartphone or kindle. My query is the WiFi connection in the building. Last year at LFCC, EE couldn't cope with the demand and kept crashing. I am on O2 and nine times out of ten when I tried to make a call or send a text, I had no signal whatsoever. Therefore, if this was to happen again this year I would not be able get onto the internet to access my emails and have my barcodes scanned.

What procedure would SM have in place then if this should happen?

On the whole, I'm liking this move. OK, I'm lucky enough to own a printer, so my sympathies to those who don't have one or a smartphone. But being able to order potentially up to the day and forgo the dreaded wait in line for last-minute guests is brilliant. Hoping that we don't have scanning issues in the photoshoot areas; otherwise, bring it on!

This may be a quicker way of ticketing for those with smartphones etc(& save/make Showmasters money),but there are still some of us(mostly older) who still have older basic phones,so will have to rely on printing out emails (which then costs us money....).Not all of us yet base our lives around phones or tablets,although do use computers.We will get used to it, but it's another hassle!

While i can understand that some people prefer e-tickets i know im not the only one who prefers the opposite. I own neither a printer or a smartphone and have no plans of getting one. When ordering tickets for Concerts and stuff there is usually two or more options. E-ticket or a physical ticket mailed to you for a added fee. Personally i dont trust E-tickets and when it comes to the amount of Money i have usually spent at these cons i am even more hesitant to use them. Why blocking of some of your customers like this? What stops you from using both ways?

• Like 1

only ever bought tickets from the SM store once and the other event I go to have been using the E-Ticket service for a while now so this announcement doesn't really bother me and in a way I like it as it also means I can order at the last minute as tickets will probably still be available right up until the day of the event and it keeps me knowing not to expect anything through the post, was surprised to find out that SM where still doing tickets as I had been used to E-tickets from the other event lol

But I do understand why some folk aren't fans especially those without printers as I too don't own a printer, luckily my relatives do but its annoying having to ask at times lol

Lots of events use e-tickets with barcodes for scanning for entry, it's very common and works fine with large attendances. Personally think it's a great move and no worries about tickets getting lost or getting the wrong ones sent out. Just one question, does this mean all Showmasters crew will scan photo tickets as well, so is there multiple barcodes for multiple orders ?

• Like 1

Should have made it clearer - access to a printer is going to be difficult. As for using a library, most of these are being closed down in my area due to budget cuts.

Isn't there any copy place in your area? They don't copy only, but print, too.

You've obviously never been to my area have you.

I think I'm going to buy tickets on the day or ask a mate to pick them up if he's going. If I miss a photoshoot then so be it.

I don't even know where you live, so obviously no, but I was just trying to help.

• Like 1

I'm glad this is being implemented, especially as there's been a vocal demand for it for a few years now. For those that have smartphones that are concerned about wifi access, why not take a screenshot of your order so that it will be saved into your photos in case you can't access your emails?

For those that dont have smartphones and no printers, welcome to the 21st century! If you dont know anyone in your town who owns a printer and have not a single place near you that can print out your orders then sorry but you'll have to queue up, you can't expect Showmasters to live in the dark ages along with you.

Edited by jael001

I'm glad this is being implemented, especially as there's been a vocal demand for it for a few years now. For those that have smartphones that are concerned about wifi access, why not take a screenshot of your order so that it will be saved into your photos in case you can't access your emails?

For those that dont have smartphones and no printers, welcome to the 21st century! If you dont know anyone in your town who owns a printer and have not a single place near you that can print out your orders then sorry but you'll have to queue up, you can't expect Showmasters to live in the dark ages along with you.

Don't normally complain about these sort of Emails, But find this sort of Reply very offensive... I'm guessing you are in your 30's or younger.. so was brought up on these sort of things.. Me i'm a lot older and find these sort of things a real pain.. I don't want a smart phone or any other phone.. I spent years having people phone me to complain about things, shouting down phones etc, so now i no longer need a phone to do my job, i keep it simple. I'm not a gadget person. Yes I might have to line up, but I won't be the only person.... I'll shall smile at you.. when the SM crew are trying to scan your paper.. the scanners don't work and you run out of battery for your phone.... There are lots of down falls regarding this and it would be nice if we are informed what happens.... So please don't be so bloody rude to everyone who is asking reasonable questions it does not help....

• Like 3

Actually no, I'm most definitely not in my 30s or younger, I'm a 40-something mother of a teenage child and I embrace technology and the fact that Showmasters are finally getting rid of a cumbersome, time consuming system that has been complained about for the entire 10 years I've been doing conventions. I've been to other events with tens of thousand attendees where they only use e-ticketing and it works absolutely fine. Just because you dont like it doesn't mean it's not the right thing for Showmasters to be doing.

Don't normally complain about these sort of Emails, But find this sort of Reply very offensive... I'm guessing you are in your 30's or younger.. so was brought up on these sort of things.. Me i'm a lot older and find these sort of things a real pain.. I don't want a smart phone or any other phone.. I spent years having people phone me to complain about things, shouting down phones etc, so now i no longer need a phone to do my job, i keep it simple. I'm not a gadget person. Yes I might have to line up, but I won't be the only person.... I'll shall smile at you.. when the SM crew are trying to scan your paper.. the scanners don't work and you run out of battery for your phone.... There are lots of down falls regarding this and it would be nice if we are informed what happens.... So please don't be so bloody rude to everyone who is asking reasonable questions it does not help....

• Like 1

Interesting - Lots of points on both side of the isle. Having never used an e-ticketing system before I have no hard feelings one way or the other, though not having to worry about lost post is going to make my nights smoother.

Would be nice to know how far in advance the shop will now close as no tickets will need to be sent out if it needs to close at all...

I'll wait and keep an open mind on it and hope for the best.