Showmasters shops moving to e-Ticketing system!

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Over the next few months we will gradually be moving all of our Showmasters ticketing over to the EventBrite ticketing system, which we are currently using on the Sherlocked event.

By using this new E-ticketing system you’ll be able to pay online and receive your tickets instantly, to then print at home and bring along to the event, making things much quicker and easier for everyone.

Some things to be aware of:

1: As we move each event over to the new EventBrite system the old BT shop will be closed around an hour before the go live. We’ll give you all a heads up when this happens for each event.

2: There is an e-Ticket validation fee of £2.50 per order. At present this needs to be manually added to each order on the order confirmation page where you enter your card details. Not paying this fee will result in your e-tickets to not be valid at the event.

3: We will be running both ticketing systems at some shows to start with as tickets have already been sold on the old system.

• Like 1

There's still costs for maintaining that system I'm afraid. No system is running for free. Those costs have to be covered. I've seen way worse than 2,50 per order. The worst I've personally seen is three times as much per ticket. 10 tickets per order? Yes, you pay the fee 10 times.

Would you prefer a blanket raise in tickets to cover these costs? That would be an alternative. ;) And you can bet that this is what's happening if you see a shop that doesn't specifically charge an administrative fee. They worked in that fee in the ticket price.

Just so my question doesn't get lost though, I'll ask again, if we already have the Eventbrite app, can we just carry our e-tickets along on that? ta :)

Your question has been noticed and will passed on to someone who can answer it - I can't, sorry.

And once again, if you can't print: as long as you have some way to show the barcode (phone, tablet etc.) this will work as well.

Should have made it clearer - access to a printer is going to be difficult. As for using a library, most of these are being closed down in my area due to budget cuts.

Isn't there any copy place in your area? They don't copy only, but print, too.

You've obviously never been to my area have you.

I think I'm going to buy tickets on the day or ask a mate to pick them up if he's going. If I miss a photoshoot then so be it.

I am confused dose this mean the system is being shut down completely I have always found ordering and waiting for a couple of weeks to be an easier option especially for those that dosnt have a printer or a library near them will there be an option where you can have sent or is this new system going to be the only one

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I am confused dose this mean the system is being shut down completely I have always found ordering and waiting for a couple of weeks to be an easier option especially for those that dosnt have a printer or a library near them will there be an option where you can have sent or is this new system going to be the only one

The old shop will be closed. We will only be using one shop per event. It would be very difficult, if not impossible to keep stock levels correct across two shops.

• Like 1

Would you prefer a blanket raise in tickets to cover these costs? That would be an alternative. ;) And you can bet that this is what's happening if you see a shop that doesn't specifically charge an administrative fee. They worked in that fee in the ticket price.

So are we to expect a decrease in ticket prices now that you are charging the admin fee separately?

Edited by Sonicbunny