Cardiff shop moving to new e-Ticketing system!

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Over the next few months we will gradually be moving all of our Showmasters ticketing over to the EventBrite ticketing system, which we are currently using on the Sherlocked event.

By using this new E-ticketing system you’ll be able to pay online and receive your tickets instantly, to then print at home and bring along to the event, making things much quicker and easier for everyone.

Some things to be aware of:

1: There is an e-Ticket validation fee of £2.50 per order. At present this needs to be manually added to each order on the order confirmation page where you enter your card details. Not paying this fee will result in your e-tickets to not be valid at the event.

2: We will be running both ticketing systems at some shows to start with as tickets have already been sold on the old system.

NEW SHOP NOW LIVE HERE: https://filmandcomicconcardifftickets.eventbrite.co.uk

all very well assuming you got a printer in which to get your tickets, or you run out of ink at the most pedantic moment. And we still get to pay £2.50 for something we can print at home? assuming we have a printer or a means in doing it? yeah good move :no: but no doubt this post will be removed and or others on here will belittle me for coming out with the what I assume to be obvious.....

• Like 2

You're bringing up what was given as reasons why SM wasn't moving to the e-ticket system yet. It has its pros but also downsides, no one doubts that.

Some pros? Store won't close as early. Which in turn leads to less lines at the event because attendees have more time to order tickets. (Which were two of the big reasons why the e-ticket system was suggested so often.) Orders get processed faster. And let's not forget Royal Mail has less chance to lose stuff. :lol:

You can show the ticket barcode on your smartphone, tablet etc. Also it's not "print it now or it's gone". If something happens during printing or you lose the printout you can simply print it again.

• Like 1

Orders get processed faster. And let's not forget Royal Mail has less chance to lose stuff. :lol:

Welcome to the 21st century.

Of course with recorded about £1.75 of the £2.50 postage fee went to royal mail, so its odd that validation fee is also £2.50. But there you go.

• Showmasters Admin

Hopefully my order got through on time, seems to have.

TooTall - just sent an email to info@showmasters asking for a carer pass, tried your email address directly but it bounced.

Sorry I had to change email accounts, the info email will get to me.

• Like 1

Hopefully my order got through on time, seems to have.

TooTall - just sent an email to info@showmasters asking for a carer pass, tried your email address directly but it bounced.

Sorry I had to change email accounts, the info email will get to me.

Thanks Too Tall, look forward to being at Cardiff for the first time:)

Hi i just bought a standard entry ticket for saturday the 21st of march via the new e ticket process and i clicked on both waivers but i dont think i added the £2.50 charge on it. i've already printed out the ticket and such but how will i go about adding this fee? I don't fancy forking out another £8 just because i didn't realise you had to actually click on the link, and that the waiver wasn't enough. Can you help pleaseeee. Thanks

Hi i just bought a standard entry ticket for saturday the 21st of march via the new e ticket process and i clicked on both waivers but i dont think i added the £2.50 charge on it. i've already printed out the ticket and such but how will i go about adding this fee? I don't fancy forking out another £8 just because i didn't realise you had to actually click on the link, and that the waiver wasn't enough. Can you help pleaseeee. Thanks

For Sherlocked those who forgot to add the charge were contacted. Let me find out what happens for the other events.

• Showmasters Admin

For Sherlocked those who forgot to add the charge were contacted. Let me find out what happens for the other events.

The same, within 7 days you'll get a link to pay the fee.