Who are you planning on meeting ?

It's going to be my first Cardiff Comic Con, really looking forward to it. Although I've been a regular at Showmasters events since the early days.

I've booked up photoshoots with:

James Marsters (Torchwood Costume Shoot)

Kristanna Loken

MyAnna Buring

I've got a ticket for the James Marsters talk.

Might get a couple of autos as well, but not decided yet.

Who else is everyone planning to meet in Cardiff ?

Shir

I am going to meet Jessie Cave & Jeff Rawle from Harry Potter. These will be my 5th & 6th Harry Potter autographs.

My wife is going to meet James Marsters & Myanna Buring.

Excellent. Who were your first four Harry Potter autographs ?

Shirley Henderson (Moaning Myrtle)

Steffan Rhodri (Reg Cattermole)

Devon Murray (Seamus Finnegan)

Dawn French (Fat Lady)

• Like 1

Haven't pre-booked, though I wanna meet James Marsters, Jessie Cave, Iain Glen and Daniel Portman

Don't know whether to risk getting the James Marsters on the day at the event, or pre-book it though...

I've not been to the Cardiff event before, but I've heard its particularly busy on the Saturday and would expect James to be one of the busiest guests, so my advice would be to pre-book your entry ticket and photo shoot with James.

Haven't pre-booked, though I wanna meet James Marsters, Jessie Cave, Iain Glen and Daniel Portman

Don't know whether to risk getting the James Marsters on the day at the event, or pre-book it though...

I've not been to the Cardiff event before, but I've heard its particularly busy on the Saturday and would expect James to be one of the busiest guests, so my advice would be to pre-book your entry ticket and photo shoot with James.
Having attended last November, I concur! The entry queues for the walk-ups went almost entirely round the Arena and back towards Town at one point. In fact, the Con last March got so busy on the Saturday that I think they had to stop people coming in for a while until numbers began to thin out a bit as people left.

If you want to risk it, I'd suggest doing both days if you can manage it. Sunday is generally quieter from the off, and James and Daniel are doing both. If you can only do the Saturday; definitely pre-book!

• Like 1

Yeah I've got the early entry ticket already (my bf ordered it) we're just in two minds about it, as last year he was able to have photoshoots without pre-booking, but I think we better pre-book, just to be on the safe side

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm a huge Buffy fan so I'm definitely going to meet James Mar- ... what? Oh.

Well, I've been looking forward to meeting Christopher Cous- ... what? Oh.

Well, I asked a girl to go to the Saturday night party with me and have tickets numbered 2 and 3 so that sho- ... what? Oh.

Um ... Maybe someone will be dressed as Scarlett Johansson?

• Like 1

Well.. Now that James Marsters, Christopher Cousins and Iain Glen outta the question (very sadly indeed), on my list are now;

- MyAnna Buring

- Daniel Portman

(As the two originals)

And Roger Ashton-Griffiths (thankfully another to add to Game of Thrones collection!)

Edited by RECRICHARD_
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up meeting more guest than I had originally planned, but all were great meets so well worth it.

On Saturday I had photoshoots with MyAnna, Kristanna and Dave Prowse Special Green Screen Shoot.

Got autos from MyAnna, Kristanna, Max, Jeff, Jessie, Roger, Sonita , Nathan and Dan.

All were absolutely top notch to meet, very approachable, friendly and made the day very worthwhile.

Also attended four talks, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Kristanna Loken and Ray Park, all were information and entertaining.