Question about carers pass.

Namine

Hi, sorry for so many questions, but I was wondering, since my mom is my full time carer, and she would get in via a carers pass, would she have the same privileges as myself who paid for the bronze ticket - i.e. free autograph from each of the guests up to 5 guests and a goody bag etc?

Also, because I can't stand for so long, it says that depending on the number, you'll be split into groups of 30, could I say go into the games room for a while and chill out there or go for something to eat/venture to the Bullring Shopping Mall say if the wait time is 30 minutes or more?

• Like 1

For her to get the same privileges as you, I think she would need to have the same sort of pass.

Yes, you would be able to go into the games room for a while or back to your room if you are staying in the hotel where the event is taking place. The hotel is out near the airport which is a little way out from the Bullring Centre so going there may not be practical. There is the NEC just over the road though.

Your mum's pass will allow her to go everywhere you go, and sit next to you in the talks, but it doesn't entitle her to any free autographs. She can buy photoshoots, just like you at the organisers desk and purchase additional autographs if she'd like them.

If you have any problems queuing for anything, speak to the crew who will be happy to assist you getting through the lines. I don't think the wait times for anything will be too bad at this event, but conserve your energy and ask for help. If you get stuck planning your day, ask at organisers desk (where you will pick up your registration pack) and I (or any other crew member there with me) will be more than happy to go through the schedule with you and help you plan. The event is structured so that you do get down time and don't have to rush between things, so take it easy and enjoy it. There is a costa coffee at the hotel and lots of bar space to sit down and relax and chairs scattered all over the hallways, but it is a bit of a trek into town (via train).

Dawn

• Like 1

Your mum's pass will allow her to go everywhere you go, and sit next to you in the talks, but it doesn't entitle her to any free autographs. She can buy photoshoots, just like you at the organisers desk and purchase additional autographs if she'd like them.

If you have any problems queuing for anything, speak to the crew who will be happy to assist you getting through the lines. I don't think the wait times for anything will be too bad at this event, but conserve your energy and ask for help. If you get stuck planning your day, ask at organisers desk (where you will pick up your registration pack) and I (or any other crew member there with me) will be more than happy to go through the schedule with you and help you plan. The event is structured so that you do get down time and don't have to rush between things, so take it easy and enjoy it. There is a costa coffee at the hotel and lots of bar space to sit down and relax and chairs scattered all over the hallways, but it is a bit of a trek into town (via train).

Dawn

Thank you for letting me know. We're stopping at the Village Urban Resort Coventry, which is something like 10 minutes roughly away. What restaurants are at the NEC?

Thank you for letting me know. We're stopping at the Village Urban Resort Coventry, which is something like 10 minutes roughly away. What restaurants are at the NEC?

From past experience attending and working events at the Hilton, if you have a car I would recommend eating at the Toby Carvery at this address link http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/stonebridgeislandmeriden/- it is only a 5-10 minute drive from the Hilton. By taxi it is £5.00 each way the last time I used it.

At the weekend the Wetherspoons in the NEC is often closed. Don't rely on this being open. If you don't have a car, as you are disabled I fully recommend taken advantage of the free courtesy bus at the hotel that runs every half hour and drives to the railway station/airport area. Once into the building - take a left at the top of the lift or escalators and then take the free monorail to the airport

Immediately at the other end you have a Burger King / Frankie & Bennys / a boots if you want sandwiches/drinks etc. See here for more information http://www.birmingham-airport-guide.co.uk/bars-restaurants.html

Alternatively on arriving on the courtesy bus, there is a subway that is open at the weekend and this is at the top of the lift/escalators and turn right (as if you are heading to the railway station)

The courtesy bus journey is approximately 10 mins in each direction. If you are a slow walker I would definitely say you'd need to allow for more than an hour out of your day for this so wouldn't recommend it until after the photos/autos/talks have finished for say an evening meal etc.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Samphirette