Sherlocked FAQ update

Too Tall

Lol, just trying to help you guys out where I can if possible, if it's info we can easily help with or can link to. You, David, etmuse and Too Tall do a fantastic job answering our panic stricken questions given that there have been quite a few of them and I'm sure the last few weeks must have been hectic for you all. I think we should be buying you all a round at the event :clap:

• Like 3

Me and a friend will be flying in to spend Sunday at the con (conscious decision to avoid the Cumberbatch stampede...) but as silver pass holders we've just found out we've been allocated Saturday Rupert photo shoots. How big a chance will we have to change them to Sunday shoots - if at all? (Just want to know if we need to fight to the death for extra tickets once they go on sale since he is about 75% of our reasons for going.)

Me and a friend will be flying in to spend Sunday at the con (conscious decision to avoid the Cumberbatch stampede...) but as silver pass holders we've just found out we've been allocated Saturday Rupert photo shoots. How big a chance will we have to change them to Sunday shoots - if at all? (Just want to know if we need to fight to the death for extra tickets once they go on sale since he is about 75% of our reasons for going.)

It's in the e-mail you got: Once the photo shoot schedule is released - If for any reason you can’t make your assigned photo shoot day, please go to the organisers booth at the event before the shoot happens, where they will do their best to accommodate you.

Please everyone, you're doing the mods on here a huge favor if you read everything before asking questions here.

• Like 1

It's in the e-mail you got: Once the photo shoot schedule is released - If for any reason you cant make your assigned photo shoot day, please go to the organisers booth at the event before the shoot happens, where they will do their best to accommodate you.

Please everyone, you're doing the mods on here a huge favor if you read everything before asking questions here.

Umm... right... thanks for the answer...? Now, let me rephrase that question.

Let's just pretend I read the e-mail. Let's also pretend I read the part "before the shoot happens". Now, remember the other part, the one where we won't be in England until Sunday? That part leads us to wonder if the sentence means "before the scheduled shoot" that is Saturday and therefore impossible, or could it also mean "before the shoot you would be able to attend", ie Sunday? There IS a difference...

All the love,

Catarina

• Like 1

It's in the e-mail you got: Once the photo shoot schedule is released - If for any reason you cant make your assigned photo shoot day, please go to the organisers booth at the event before the shoot happens, where they will do their best to accommodate you.

Umm... right... thanks for the answer...? Now, let me rephrase that question.

Let's just pretend I read the e-mail. Let's also pretend I read the part "before the shoot happens". Now, remember the other part, the one where we won't be in England until Sunday? That part leads us to wonder if the sentence means "before the scheduled shoot" that is Saturday and therefore impossible, or could it also mean "before the shoot you would be able to attend", ie Sunday? There IS a difference...

All the love,

Catarina

I would suggest emailing SM and asking if your affected photoshoots can be swapped for the Sunday shoots if they have them, I think that's the only way for you to resolve this, I don't think the mods on this forum aregoing to be able to give you any other kind of answer. SM and the crews at the event are good at helping to reslove conflicts like this but there's only so much they can do if you have package tickets and can't/aren't attending on one of the days.

• Like 1

Thanks Raylenth. I had already asked for clarification from the office on this, this is why I haven't posted so far.

I also didn't think the wording in the e-mail was ambiguous, hence my reference to the e-mail sent.

EDIT:

CONFIRMED:

General: You need to go and ask before the shoot you are missing starts. So let's say you have a shoot Saturday 3 PM that you can't make for whatever reason. So you need to go to the Organisers Booth Friday or Saturday before 3 PM and ask for a reschedule.

I've been informed in your case you need to ask on Sunday when you arrive. However, there is absolutely no guarantee anything can be done.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

This might be a stupid question but is this an autograph event? I collect them and would prefer them to photoshoots ?

Yes, the guests are signing as well. Autographs are not pre-sold, this is why the posts pretty much all are covering photos only.

When will the autograph prices be posted?

This might be a stupid question but is this an autograph event? I collect them and would prefer them to photoshoots ?

Yes, the guests are signing as well. Autographs are not pre-sold, this is why the posts pretty much all are covering photos only.

Do not take this as what it will be as obviously it's a different show, but I've found in the past at shows like LFCC and the Collectormania's that the auto prices are usually similar to the photo shoot prices.

Also just a reminder that the auto prices are PER signature.

Do not take this as what it will be as obviously it's a different show, but I've found in the past at shows like LFCC and the Collectormania's that the auto prices are usually similar to the photo shoot prices.

Also just a reminder that the auto prices are PER signature.

Though it does state that Mark Gatiss's autograph is £20 and Sue Vertue's/Arwel Jones are £10 so this should give us a ball park idea.

http://www.sherlocked.com/index.php/features/35-autographs

Edited by evilfairie

Just remember that price for Mark will be the price for any extra auto's wanted. As he's a lead guest he'll only be signing for platinum or VIP ticket holders.

Also going to guess that Gold pass holders will get Sue and Arwel as 2 of their 5 freebie auto's.

Just noticed on that page it has the following.

"Autographs will not include an item to be signed on, you can either purchase an official Sherlock photo at the event, or bring an item from your own collection to be signed."

Makes this info for gold package sound a little misleading.

"5 pre-assigned in person autographs selected by the event organisers on an item of your choosing. Does not include lead guests. (A selection of 10x8 prints will be available to choose from should you wish to use them. Any extra autographs may be available for a set fee.)"

• Like 1

Just remember that price for Mark will be the price for any extra auto's wanted. As he's a lead guest he'll only be signing for platinum or VIP ticket holders.

Also going to guess that Gold pass holders will get Sue and Arwel as 2 of their 5 freebie auto's.

Apols as I might be reading what you are saying incorrectly but as far as I am aware Mark is signing for everyone, it's just that as a lead guest he's only going to be automatically included in the top packages, not in the random allocation for gold or included in the Silver. In the FAQ's it specifically says that Benedict is ONLY signing for VIP and Plats and doesn't say anything about Mark.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Yeah I realise that, I was just going by the price, if Mark is a lead guest and his is £20 hopefully most other prices will be around this or less? Just conjecture of course.

Apols as I might be reading what you are saying incorrectly but as far as I am aware Mark is signing for everyone, it's just that as a lead guest he's only going to be automatically included in the top packages, not in the random allocation for gold or included in the Silver. In the FAQ's it specifically says that Benedict is ONLY signing for VIP and Plats and doesn't say anything about Mark.

I took that to mean we can't get Mark's as one of our pre-assigned 5 auto's?

I was under the impression lead guests will only sign for the top 2 packages. In the gold package you get pre signed auto's of the lead guests. This would be pretty pointless if you could get in person auto's of them (bar Benedict).

I was under the impression lead guests will only sign for the top 2 packages. In the gold package you get pre signed auto's of the lead guests. This would be pretty pointless if you could get in person auto's of them (bar Benedict).

My understanding was the same as Raylenth, it's only Benedict's auto that is only available to VIP and Platinum and I think they can only have one each.

I took that to mean we can't get Mark's as one of our pre-assigned 5 auto's?

Correct

Yes, you will get him as a pre signed but I presume as his price is included on the autograph page people maybe able to get auto's with him as otherwise like with Benedict it wouldn't be included there.

The FAQ says this about the Leads:

What are Lead Guests?

Lead guests are the top tier guests, these guests are clearly marked on the website.

Will I get to meet the Lead Guests if I don’t have a package?

The expected demand to attend the event means that these lead guests can only realistically meet so many people on the day, ticket caps have been considered to meet and best manage these expectations.

We have focused on these guests being able to see/meet the most people at one time, to give everyone the best chance of seeing them, rather than activities that mean only a few get to see.

Autographs: Benedict Cumberbatch’s in-person autograph will only be available to those with Platinum and VIP packages, no in-person autographs with Benedict will be sold on the day. Currently all other autographs will be available for purchase on the day.

Photo shoots: These will be on sale online for all guests at a later date, on a first come first served basis.

So it doesn't say specifically that Mark won't be signing for the other packages.

Hopefully the mods can clarify this.

Edited by Raylenth

Yes, you will get him as a pre signed but I presume as his price is included on the autograph page people maybe able to get auto's with him as otherwise like with Benedict it wouldn't be included there.

I was assuming Mark's price was printed as platinum and VIP's can buy extra auto's on top of all included in their package. See quote below.

"Any extra autographs may be available for a set fee"