Sherlocked Website Launched - Tickets on Sale Now!

Massive Events

Hi

It looks like I’m not alone in having problems with the e-validation option. I’m glad to see that you are emailing out to those people who didn’t select the mandatory option to get the £2.50 to validate the ticket.

Please don’t see these as criticisms, I think that only by sharing customer feedback is it possible to make future transactions less hassle. I would make the following observations:

1. If this was a mandatory purchase then why was it not AUTOMATICALLY added to the bill? It’s not like we had any choice, so why not just add it and that way people wouldn’t miss it?
  2. In the heat of crashing servers and trying to grab tickets before they all went, it’s very easy to see how the option could be missed. It wasn’t obvious you had to select the item AND tick the box. Users are under a lot of pressure at this stage and desperate to complete the purchase rather than try to interpret less than clear instructions.
  3. What exactly does the e-validation do? Is it possible to get your ticket emailed to you without it? If so, I wonder how many people will turn up on the day with their tickets (potentially having spent £2,600)and not realise the problems they will have in getting in? I think we’re all used to paying extras (admin and booking fees), but I genuinely don’t understand what the e-validation does?

That said, please don’t see this as a moan. I genuinely am looking forward to this event. Just after a bit of clarity. Thanks. Nick

The plan...

1: By the end of Feb we'll confirm the full line up.

2: Before photo shoots go on-sale those with a silver package will receive an email confirming their included photo shoots.

3: Shortly after this all photo shoots will go on sale.

What do you mean by "line up"? Like, the convention's programme, or all the attending guests? Or both?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with convention terms.

The plan...

2: Before photo shoots go on-sale those with a silver package will receive an email confirming their included photo shoots.

What do you mean by "line up"? Like, the convention's programme, or all the attending guests? Or both?

Guest line up. Attending guests.

Hi

It looks like I’m not alone in having problems with the e-validation option. I’m glad to see that you are emailing out to those people who didn’t select the mandatory option to get the £2.50 to validate the ticket.

Please don’t see these as criticisms, I think that only by sharing customer feedback is it possible to make future transactions less hassle. I would make the following observations:

1. If this was a mandatory purchase then why was it not AUTOMATICALLY added to the bill? It’s not like we had any choice, so why not just add it and that way people wouldn’t miss it?
  2. In the heat of crashing servers and trying to grab tickets before they all went, it’s very easy to see how the option could be missed. It wasn’t obvious you had to select the item AND tick the box. Users are under a lot of pressure at this stage and desperate to complete the purchase rather than try to interpret less than clear instructions.
  3. What exactly does the e-validation do? Is it possible to get your ticket emailed to you without it? If so, I wonder how many people will turn up on the day with their tickets (potentially having spent £2,600)and not realise the problems they will have in getting in? I think we’re all used to paying extras (admin and booking fees), but I genuinely don’t understand what the e-validation does?

That said, please don’t see this as a moan. I genuinely am looking forward to this event. Just after a bit of clarity. Thanks. Nick

Too Tall's reply from the separate topic about the e-tickets:

You only pay it once.

On the booking confirmation page (where you add your card details) it is at the bottom as an additional item. We are using this new system and it's great but there wasn't a way at this short notice to have the £2.50 added automatically.

If you have not added it (you don't have an extra £2.50 on your order) you will receive an email soon for you to add it. So please don't worry, your bookings are fine, you'll just add it later once you get the link to do so.

The plan...

Guest line up. Attending guests.

Thank you!

Would we know roughly how many BC photoshoot tickets will be available for each day, as he's pretty much the reason I'd want to go. I haven't booked my ticket because I was outraged at the price structure yesterday, but if I think I have a good chance of buying a photoshoot ticket, I'll book my day ticket now.

Would we know roughly how many BC photoshoot tickets will be available for each day, as he's pretty much the reason I'd want to go. I haven't booked my ticket because I was outraged at the price structure yesterday, but if I think I have a good chance of buying a photoshoot ticket, I'll book my day ticket now.

It's not been announced and I don't think it will be announced. Regardless how high the number is, any number published has potential to cause panic.

Hi

Too Tall's reply from the separate topic about the e-tickets:

You only pay it once.

On the booking confirmation page (where you add your card details) it is at the bottom as an additional item. We are using this new system and it's great but there wasn't a way at this short notice to have the £2.50 added automatically.

If you have not added it (you don't have an extra £2.50 on your order) you will receive an email soon for you to add it. So please don't worry, your bookings are fine, you'll just add it later once you get the link to do so.

Thank you for replying. I still don't know what the e-validation actually is, but hey, maybe some Sherlock sleuth out there can help me? To be honest, 'admin fee' would have worked fine! :)

Also, I was wondering: what's the "second stage" going to be like? What's the difference between main stage and second stage? Is the second stage going to be like a room where there is a screen and people watch through the screen what's happening in the main stage room? -_-

• Showmasters Admin

Also, I was wondering: what's the "second stage" going to be like? What's the difference between main stage and second stage? Is the second stage going to be like a room where there is a screen and people watch through the screen what's happening in the main stage room? -_-

It will be other talks.

Hurrah! I scored a Gold package and am really looking forward to this! :-) I think the only thing it didn't contain that I wanted was tickets to the screening(s). Will tickets for that be available for separate purchase?

Thanks again! Can't wait!

Anna

That has not been confirmed. But as the platinum package lists priority access before the Gold. Silver and Weekend ticket holders I would think so.

Confirmed: yes, tickets will be available for separate purchase.

Oh, excellent, thanks!

One more question, please - I bought a weekend pass for my friend at the same time I bought my gold ticket, but I didn't see anyplace to specify her name. Will I need to email that to someone? I have emailed EventBrite with the question, but no answer yet (I suspect they're buried under a deluge of SherlockMail at the moment).

Thanks again for your prompt and helpful responses!

Anna

• Showmasters Admin

Hurrah! I scored a Gold package and am really looking forward to this! :-) I think the only thing it didn't contain that I wanted was tickets to the screening(s). Will tickets for that be available for separate purchase?

Anna

That has not been confirmed. But as the platinum package lists priority access before the Gold. Silver and Weekend ticket holders I would think so.

Oh, excellent, thanks!

One more question, please - I bought a weekend pass for my friend at the same time I bought my gold ticket, but I didn't see anyplace to specify her name. Will I need to email that to someone? I have emailed EventBrite with the question, but no answer yet (I suspect they're buried under a deluge of SherlockMail at the moment).

Anna

You just need your e-tickets as long as you're there as well to collect them.

Anna

Oh, excellent, thanks!

Anna

You just need your e-tickets as long as you're there as well to collect them.

Lovely! That's me sorted, then -- I'll be there with bells (or at least a costume) on!

Appreciate all the help. :-)

Anna

ok, so are we assuming BC will be at the event on the Saturday, or do I risk waiting for the photoshoots to go on sale first before booking a single day?

As my company's motto goes: Never assume.

Edited by Raylenth

Too Tall - I'm really confused still........with so many different tickets flying around:- to get in, for the autographs, for the talks, for the photo-shoots, for the screenings, for the parties etc etc - some booked in advance, some available on the day, some pre-assigned........how do ME/Showmasters expect me to cope with organising myself during the weekend? Will there be someone there to "hold my hand" and "mop my brow" - I've looked all over the websites and there is nothing mentioned about providing me with the ability to use my own common sense....surely this must be an oversight?? ;)

• Like 3

I've just booked a Silver package to guarantee some photo shoots. It worked out quite well at the first Torchwood event. If I can join virtual queues each day of the event and pay then to get some autographs as well, then that's fine.

I knew this event would be more expensive than a regular hotel-based convention, but as I haven't been to a con in the last 12 months, I'm ready to splash out a little for this one. As long as I don't go completely bananas..... hee hee!

Edited by maggiem
  • Like 1

The plan...

1: By the end of Feb we'll confirm the full guest line up.

Hi Too Tall.

For those with gold packages I understand we will be allocated with 5 in person autographs as part of the package. Are we notified of who these will be before the event , or do we just find out on registration on the Friday. ?

Thanks

GG