Sherlocked Website Launched - Tickets on Sale Now!

Massive Events

I'm stunned.

Huge build up then a ticket structure / pricing that puts the average fan at a disadvantage straight away.

I know you always get what you pay for, but to put the MAIN CHARACTER out of reach of most ticket holders is just not right.

What a HUGE let down

TooTall has already posted this a couple of times:

Ultimately Benedict can only do a certain amount of things. Autographs take a long time so instead we have put him into other activities such as talks and photo sessions so that he can see as many fans as possible.

I wouldn't exactly call photo sessions and talks out of reach. ;)

• Like 1

For destructogal - sorry, that quoting of multiquotes dfoesn't quite work:

There's not going to be 5 lead guests. 2 have been identified. If Martin is added I'd include him, but I doubt there's more than that.

It honestly didn't even come across to me that this line can be read a different way.

Twitter, Facebook and this site are exploding, so my apologies if the mods miss something. 1000000 questions with a number of repeats doesn't make it easy to keep up with. If I go looking for something we have 30 new questions meanwhile.

It is highly unlikely that additional ticket categories get added. If this would happen the attendees who have already bought would feel cheated, and rightfully so.

I think once the photos go on sale it may diffuse people's disappointment. Or, completely exacerbate it. If the prices are reasonable then people will be willing to dig deep and will probably settle for just the photo, BUT if they are extortionate be prepared for even more angry fans.

I do feel awful about everyone who is getting priced out of being able to go the event but I'm also a bit bewildered at all the surprise about the prices. Are prices for officially sponsored events over there really on par price-wise with the unofficial ones? Also I seem to vaguely remember the same kind of uproar for the BBC sponsored Doctor Who event awhile back.

They've tweeted that Saturday entry tickets are already 80% sold out so I've taken a leap in the dark and ordered one.

No idea what I will actually get for my money as there's no clue as to which guests will be there on the Saturday and it states that talk tickets "may" be available to buy on the day.

So potentially I've just paid £31.50 to wander round the Excel centre for an hour or so and then come home again. :BRUISED:

Queen Sindel - It all depends on how they are structured. If he is treated like Stan Lee or one of these future "Diamond Guests" there is a clear worry that only package holders and a very few "others" will meet him. I don't include attending a talk as "meeting" him. I have already met him at a different event so the pressure is off - but my daughter didn't come to the last event and I feel is likely to be unlucky at this one too

sorry but its not how it reads at all, it reads as if you get one auto in total from one of the possible lead guest(s) - so please I'm sorry if I'm sounding stupid but just to clarify if there are say 5 lead guests - would you get one auto in total or 5? (and who would be classified as lead and not lead guests?)

and inregards to the other enquiry, if you scroll throu this thread people want to know if there will be any other packages available (maybe at a later date) one that offers autographs rather than photoshoots as some people prefer autographs to photos.

Thank you for taking the time to clear up some of the misunderstandings I know the site is very busy atm

There's not going to be 5 lead guests. 2 have been identified. If Martin is added I'd include him, but I doubt there's more than that.

It honestly didn't even come across to me that this line can be read a different way.

Twitter, Facebook and this site are exploding, so my apologies if the mods miss something. 1000000 questions with a number of repeats doesn't make it easy to keep up with. If I go looking for something we have 30 new questions meanwhile.

It is highly unlikely that additional ticket categories get added. If this would happen the attendees who have already bought would feel cheated, and rightfully so.

the "5 lead guests" was an example to clarify the exact meaning of the wording used - but surely Mark, Moff, Ben, Martin, Andrew and Amanda would be classed as "lead guests" right?! :huh:

Queen Sindel - It all depends on how they are structured. If he is treated like Stan Lee or one of these future "Diamond Guests" there is a clear worry that only package holders and a very few "others" will meet him. I don't include attending a talk as "meeting" him. I have already met him at a different event so the pressure is off - but my daughter didn't come to the last event and I feel is likely to be unlucky at this one too

Photo tickets will still go on sale for everyone, and contrary to what some posters have suggested I don't think parting with body parts will be required. :smile:

The way chosen gives a large number of fans at least the chance to get in reach of Benedict (e.g. see him on stage). I was referring to your "out of reach" comment. It's not that he'll be barricaded in a room and only VIP and platinum ticket holders get entry. That would be out of reach.

I'd love to get on Facebook right now & see what all's going on over there but I have a feeling it'd crash my iPad before the page finished loading. Is it as huge a bloodbath as I think it is? Maybe after I finish feeding my caffeine and nicotine addictions a bit more I'll go inside to use the computer so I only have a 50/50 chance of crashing.

Destructogal wrote:

the "5 lead guests" was an example to clarify the exact meaning of the wording used - but surely Mark, Moff, Ben, Martin, Andrew and Amanda would be classed as "lead guests" right?! :huh:

I don't know what is happening, but somehow when I quote you my quoting is messed up.

Per the clarification at the moment Mark Gatiss and Benedict have been called "lead guests." Being a show lead or a producer doesn't automatically make you a lead guest.

Plus if someone is not a "lead guest" means that they will (unless an exception comes back to bite me in the butt :lol:) be signing in person. Isn't that better anyway? Cause I am seriously beginning to get confused.

- 1 individual Photo Shoot with each attending guests (Taken in our studio by a professional photographer, one 6x9 print of each photo will be available immediately)

this is what it says for gold ticket yet people on here saying it doenst who is right

Gold Pass holders get one single photo shoot with all attending guests. No group photos, no special costume/group shots. I have no idea where the idea not all photos are included is coming from.

Come on showmasters/ME we need answers about what these tickets actually mean! because from the sounds of it unless you have gold or up ya gonna get buggar all

What do you need answers on please? The explanations on the ticket website are pretty detailed. Everything is listed. If something is listed as "preassigned" it will be randomly assigned.

Thank you but I think people were mostly confused about the silver package and whether there would be an autograph one instead of a photoshoot one.

also in Gold for the auto from the lead guest - is this def Benendict or could it be from anyone?

I just don't think people are liking this whole potluck feel to the packages and are panicking so buying the dearer packages just to try and get some certainsy to actually getting something out of the con aside from debt.

From what I've read the Gold will get 1 pre-signed auto from a Lead. At the moment this could be from Cumberbatch or Gattis as they are both Lead Guests. Luck of the draw over which one you get. Also would depend upon how many they've had a chance to sign.

It does read like Cumberbatch may not be there for the whole event both days from the way 'time restrictions' is worded. Perhaps this just alludes to the fact he's going to be greatly in demand or it does mean he has other commitments. Either way I understand the notion of doing photoshoots instead - they are an awful lot quicker than autos because you can get people through quicker - and the fact that the easiest way to limit autos is by giving them only to those who paid the most. I do feel for his fans though (who likely make up 99% of the attendees) who won't have the chance to meet him.

The standard ticket does look a bit lacklustre though - it gives you a chance to buy some autos, photo shoots and talks. If you aren't lucky enough to get these then you get some free talks, screenings and some displays. Doesn't on the face of it sound like much for the money alas.

Edited by claire2281
  • Like 1

I have requested confirmation on the pre-signed autograph question. As I said, it really didn't occur to me that this could be read any other way. Sometimes you're dead convinced the reading can't be interpreted differently but when another person reads it it still happens.

Urgh I hate this I should be feeling excited about having my ticket but I have gold and still dont know if I'll get Ben's autograph or will be able to get tickets for the other autos I want (if the guests are even added) :sad: Is anyone else feeling like this?

I believe you'll get a pre-signed autograph, but not an in person one from Ben.

• Like 1

Urgh I hate this I should be feeling excited about having my ticket but I have gold and still dont know if I'll get Ben's autograph or will be able to get tickets for the other autos I want (if the guests are even added) :sad: Is anyone else feeling like this?

I don't know who you want to see, but for the big majority of the guests you will have no problems getting autograph tickets. As for the presigned autograph as stated above I have requested confirmation. With it being that busy right now that could need a bit of time. I've actually had someone calling me on my home phone already, and I'm not quite the ticket office. ;)

• Like 1

Gold is one pre-signed autograph from each lead guest. Which at the moment is Benedict and Mark. Then you get 5 in person assigned from non lead guests.

Yes!!!! I'll get Ben's!!!! (even thou its not in person or personalised grumble grumble)

Thank you GoldenGreen - that was what I was trying to explain all along. But apparently I am not to be trusted. :lol:

• Like 1