one thing LFACC always lacks

Starbug

sports guests are always over looked at this event other events always has some cracking names but we only seem to get are wrestlers witch is not my cup of tea but I understand that they have a massive fan base I would like to see some Footballers, Snooker Players Tennis Players Dart Players and some Olympians at this event I am sure I am not the only one

Edited by Starbug

I get your point. But on the other side it's (in this case) the Film & Comic Con and not a sports Con.

I agree. To be honest I still think the Wrestlers are out of place with everyone else at the Cons. Although to be honest (and I know I'll be hated for this) I suppose they are acting as much as the rest of the guests! ;)

Edited by Wrong Name

It's a film and comic com, not a sports con. Wrestlers are out of place already if you ask me, but then again, I've never been hindered in my LFCC experience with wrestlers present nor would I be with sports guests being there, so if SM has some extra space (I'd hate to see more sports guests go towards a diminished supply of the more usual comic con guests) available, sure, the more the merrier ;)

Funny thing is, there are *always* sports guests at Collectormania, which is an even not titled "Film and Comic Con".

I don't want to seem like a silly sausage, but I guess there's horses for courses at work here.

I wouldn't expect to see masses of Comic artists at Collectormania, any more than I'd expect to see masses of Sportspeople at any Film and Comic Con. A bit like complaining that a Ford dealership doesn't sell Hyundai cars.

I'm guessing a bit on the logic, but Collectormania is a broader term so these shows tend to get more sports guests, where as the Film and Comic Con, aside from the odd sports star who perhaps was contacted but couldn't make a Collectormania event gets invited to these instead as an alternative but are mainly for Film and Comic Guests. Wrestlers I think are slightly different because Wrestling is as much about entertainment as it is about fitness etc, so whilst in the main they are not really Film guests, they are entertainment guests who most people have seen on the TV.

I'm guessing a bit on the logic, but Collectormania is a broader term so these shows tend to get more sports guests, where as the Film and Comic Con, aside from the odd sports star who perhaps was contacted but couldn't make a Collectormania event gets invited to these instead as an alternative but are mainly for Film and Comic Guests. Wrestlers I think are slightly different because Wrestling is as much about entertainment as it is about fitness etc, so whilst in the main they are not really Film guests, they are entertainment guests who most people have seen on the TV.

Nice idea, but they announced a load of sports guests for Bournemouth Film & Comic Con today so I guess they are open for all types of guests despite the name of the event (apart from the dedicated cons I'm guessing!).