SHERLOCKED Dates and Venue revealed!

Massive Events

For me this does clash with another event on the Sunday but luckily this is only a 1 day show. I'm hoping that I'll be able to buy an affordable 1 day package for this event and be able to meet the guests I want. (That is if they get announced)

• Like 1

At DSTL or any other ME events can you buy photoshoots from the store or do you buy them there? I understand it is going to be a hybrid of a classic Showmasters event and ME event as Too Tall said. Usually at ME events you pay £88 but you get a free auto from at least 6 guests?

At DSTL or any other ME events can you buy photoshoots from the store or do you buy them there? I understand it is going to be a hybrid of a classic Showmasters event and ME event as Too Tall said. Usually at ME events you pay £88 but you get a free auto from at least 6 guests?

Photoshoots for DSTL were available in the store previously and at the event if not sold out.

There's different packages I take - look at the DSTL forum to get an idea. The ticketing and what it includes will not be similar to the hotel events ME normally runs.

Photoshoots for DSTL were available in the store previously and at the event if not sold out.

There's different packages I take - look at the DSTL forum to get an idea. The ticketing and what it includes will not be similar to the hotel events ME normally runs.

Ah ok thanks for the reply. I shall look at the forum.

People keep saying it'll be similar to DTSL, but I've never been to that even and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I had a look through the forum but couldn't find anything that really explained the ticketing pricing and processes. Can anyone point me at something that explains it? Thanks.

• Like 1

At DSTL you paid about £30 entry for a day. This included free talks, a star trek prop museum, merchandise stalls, screening of episodes.

On top of that you paid for talks, often with main guests, opening and closing ceremony, autographs, photo shoots and prop photo shoots. meet and greets.

Because it was an official convention you had to bring something official to get signed or buy one of their 10 x 8's. They were £3 each.

They also had different packages that gave you extra, like being able to go to the front of the queue, priority seating for talks, etc.

• Like 1

People keep saying it'll be similar to DTSL, but I've never been to that even and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I had a look through the forum but couldn't find anything that really explained the ticketing pricing and processes. Can anyone point me at something that explains it? Thanks.

The ticket packages went from single day tickets which just got you entry to the event, right up one package which was into the thousands (can't remember the exact price but it was a bit eye watering!) there were also packages in between. The very basic ones just got you entry into the event, the more expensive ones got you things like tickets to parties, opening ceremony, a set number of autographs from certain guests. Some of the packages also included event merchandise like bags, pens etc. the top end packages had a lot more, the most recent show included an exclusive webchat with Leonard Nimoy and a picture signed by him along with the chance to have breakfast with one of the guests at the event. Not sure how that worked, I only had the basic weekend ticket this time!

A lot if it was similar to a LFACC type event, signings talks (some free some paid), stalls, photo shoots all that sort of thing. Main difference at DST was you had to use autograph tokens but Shownasters have repeatedly said they wouldn't use that again. It was only used at DST because another company organised the signing area. The guests didn't seem to be signing all the time either but I got all my autographs over the course of the weekend quite comfortably, managed to get most of them on the Friday afternoon to be honest.

• Like 1

God help me that it's at the ExCel, only been there once and it was like a maze!

(Be prepared with money though, there was no working bank machine which took any card except England cards)

I really think they shkuld announce the ticket prices before selling them tbh, because you can't just zap out say £135 for a ticket package. Just so yku can get an idea/work out the total of the tickets and then buy them.

But it would be hard to give some information on some tickets without giving away who's going.

But if the mains are going and will br announced on Mondsy, the prices should be announced before to let everyone get sorted so they dony miss out

At DSTL you paid about £30 entry for a day. This included free talks, a star trek prop museum, merchandise stalls, screening of episodes.

On top of that you paid for talks, often with main guests, opening and closing ceremony, autographs, photo shoots and prop photo shoots. meet and greets.

Because it was an official convention you had to bring something official to get signed or buy one of their 10 x 8's. They were £3 each.

They also had different packages that gave you extra, like being able to go to the front of the queue, priority seating for talks, etc.

I went to DSTL back in October and I took something that wasn't official to be signed, and no one said anything and my items weren't checked. I'm going to another event where they will apparently only accept official items, maybe I can just take whatever with me again.

So, are we assuming this show will work pretty much the same as other Showmasters events?

Getting a bit worried. I don't actually care about autographs and am not fussed about meeting the actors or getting photographed with them. I really just want to attend the guest talks, see Sherlock costumes, and meet other fans. Hoping there's a (non-eyewateringly-priced) package option for that. I can't really go over 300 pounds or so. I've only ever been to fan-run, author-centric events, so I'm a bit of a stranger in a strange land, here. Is this sort of convention mostly about autographs and photos, or are there other programs and events?

Anna

There's going to be plenty of guest talks, and going from the choice of venue I am sure there will be displays - maybe even props or parts of the set. Those need space, hence no hotel this time. :smile: But that's just my thinking, please do not take the display part as official confirmation. If there's been displays in the past there was no charge. I can't imagine this happening this time either.