Sherlocked is COMING VERY SOON!

Massive Events

So, is this going to be the weekend of the 25th and 26th April ?

It doesn't give dates in the email or any other update. Chevron is that weekend. It's rare that 2 shows are the same weekend. but it has happened.

I really hope it's not on the Chevorn weekend. I'm going to that, but I'd hate to miss out on Sherlocked.

Can't wait to see if Martin and Benedict are going. If that's the case I may have to attend. I imagine the price may be around the 88 pounds mark?

We still don't know what format this show is going to be, so it's probably not wise to guess prices.

Edited by laurab1

Can't wait to see if Martin and Benedict are going. If that's the case I may have to attend. I imagine the price may be around the 88 pounds mark?

We still don't know what format this show is going to be, so it's probably not wise to guess prices.

Well it's a massive events convention. Their prices are usually around that

Well it's a massive events convention. Their prices are usually around that
It's under ME, yes, but may not follow the usual price model. Hopefully it will be similar prices, though :) Edited by laurab1

I got this via email too but unfortunately due to when they're looking at I doubt I'll be able to get time off work at such short notice, how they'll pull it all together if it's going to be such a huge event in under 3 months is beyond me!!! Hopefully they do a good job and I'll be truly gutted at not being able to attend 😭

I got this via email too but unfortunately due to when they're looking at I doubt I'll be able to get time off work at such short notice, how they'll pull it all together if it's going to be such a huge event in under 3 months is beyond me!!! Hopefully they do a good job and I'll be truly gutted at not being able to attend

It is not as though they are just starting. They have been working on it for nearly a year that we know of

Yeah I get that but they've got to pull it all together, properly announce it, market it, sell tickets, provide the hotel and actually run it all in under 3 months and they're not exactly making it out to be a small affair, yes I get that they've done it before but it seems like a mammoth undertaking in such a short space of time considering how many other events they are organising at present too which seem to get a lot more focus than this one has.

I honestly hope it'll be a success but I really hope that they're not just relying on the fact that people will just drop everything to attend as considering it's at such short notice there's not a lot of time to save, book time off work etc etc

I really really want to go as I'd love to meet Rupert Graves and Louise Brealey if they can get them but I have to take into account the practicalities of such a thing, gone are the young carefree days of not working and being able to just up sticks and decide to do what I want when I want but alas life just isn't that simple anymore for a lot of us and conventions cannot take the priority that they used to.

• Showmasters Admin

This is an official event so the pricing will be different to other ME and SM events.

We understand that it's short notice but we have been saying for nearly a year it's coming. We also understand that without anything solid people may not wish to start saving, but we have done the best we can with giving pre-warnings.

We know you the fans want the headline guests, but that unfortunately means trying to pin down a number of THE most popular actors in the world right now. Would we have loved to have given everyone 9-12 months notice, of course we would, but it's just not been possible to get confirmation from the main cast that far out.

It is going to be a great weekend for Sherlock fans, we want to put on the best event we can and hope as many fans as possible can make it :)

• Like 4

So excited by this announcement and I have been saving in the hope it was still going ahead but I am so worried about how soon it is, think it'll be a struggle getting time off work, especially since we're not getting final dates til mid Feb :(

But keeping everything crossed

So excited by this announcement and I have been saving in the hope it was still going ahead but I am so worried about how soon it is, think it'll be a struggle getting time off work, especially since we're not getting final dates til mid Feb :(

But keeping everything crossed

There's another thread with the announcement in.