Each to their own:)

Having read a lot of the negative coments i just thought i would comment EACH TO THEIR OWN:)

Congrats to SM for getting Neve Campbell; though im not particlular fan of the Scream or horror movies, its great that they have bagged a guest that appeals to a genre of fans.

As for those that say they dont know the name, fair enough.Im really looking forward to meeting Ken Colley and whilst his name may not be on the lips of EVERY fan of everything, to me he is a great actor having appeared in many of my favourite movies including Empire Strikes Back, Monty Pythons Life of Brian, Firefox and Brassed Off.

True these films may not be on everyones must watch list, just as Scream or Nightmare on Elm Street dont really appeal to me. As a fan, i respect the actors for enteraining us, though i may prefer one actors character portrayal in a certain film over another.

We are all fans, else we wouldnt attend these events:)

• Like 5

As it happens, Neve Campbell is a huge guest, imo and the other guests are also really awesome as well. Its a gold mine for BTTF fans. I am a particular fan of Christopher Lloyd, whose also another big name. All of the guests here are absolutely superb, imo, one way or another. I think Showmasters have done a great job!

• Like 1

Personally i dont go much on the scream films, but I recognize that fans of the films will see Neve a a big guest. Sameway that I personally would see Richard Dean Anderson as one wheras many wouldnt..... Its all subjective and its actually quite sad that people feel a need to air their own negativity and small mindedness

• Like 2

i think in part people vent their disappointment at a guest announcement because SM delight in teasing the public. Thus getting peoples hopes up. As i said before just announce the guests as normal. Saves a lot of hassle. Unless its just me perhaps im doing it wrong....

• Like 1

i think in part people vent their disappointment at a guest announcement because SM delight in teasing the public. Thus getting peoples hopes up. As i said before just announce the guests as normal. Saves a lot of hassle. Unless its just me perhaps im doing it wrong....

As the saying goes, "you can't please all the people all of the time".

I like the build up, it makes the announcements more fun in my opinion. The problem is when people have decided that it's their ideal guest and are disappointed when it isn't. It's not the guest's fault and I don't blame SM so I don't understand the backlash from some people. If you don't like the guest just say 'oh, well' and move on. Maybe the next one will be for you?

• Moderators

Nothing wrong with hyping up a big announcement, getting more attention and the word out etc. Makes complete sense to me.

What doesn't ever make sense to me is people being rude about something they don't like. Not every announcement is going to be for everyone. We're all adults and should be able to accept the fact that sometimes it'll be of interest, and other times it won't be. It's really not that difficult.

Of course people can HOPE it's something they want, but is it really the end of the world if it's not someone they want? No.

• Like 6

Nothing wrong with hyping up a big announcement, getting more attention and the word out etc. Makes complete sense to me.

What doesn't ever make sense to me is people being rude about something they don't like. Not every announcement is going to be for everyone. We're all adults and should be able to accept the fact that sometimes it'll be of interest, and other times it won't be. It's really not that difficult.

Of course people can HOPE it's something they want, but is it really the end of the world if it's not someone they want? No.

Same here and the more the word spreads the more people attending, the bigger it gets and the more guests SM can bring in for us all.

• Like 1

People are free to comment as they please. Just because you are offended does not automatically mean you are right. People have just as much right to vent disappointment as the people who wet their pants over guest announcements.

Having read many many posts throughout this forum I can only conclude that some people do take this event waaaay too seriously and some people's lives and money-saving seem to revolve around these events. But what is the point in having this forum if only positive ideas are endorsed? Surely the point of discussions is to have opinions from all sides? If showmasters had their way, each and EVERY thread would just be pages and pages of people saying the same thing: "OMG great guest!"..."Wow showmasters well done!"..."Photoshoot booked for me!"..."My bank account can't take anymore!"..."Great guest met them 30 times before, always a pleasure!"

:sleep:

• Like 1

Quite excited about Neve Campbell, but more because she did a couple episodes of Grey's Anatomy! Most excited about Natalia Tena as I am a huge Harry Potter fan, but most of her thread was mentioning her role in GoT, which I have never watched. But like someone else said, each to their own! I don't think I have ever seen someone who truly loves every guest announced, and even then, if someone did, I highly doubt they could afford or even have the time to meet each every guest!

One thing you can predict with the big guest announcements is that we tend to get the same responses, good or bad afterwards.

Fair enough if some people are disappointed, but it would be a very rare guest , if at all possible where everyone is satisfied after the announcement, even I suspect if you were to announce a massive current Hollywood A Lister, then probably the moaning would be about the cost !

Completely agree that this is a big guest. It seems that people assumed that the announcement was going to be a Diamond Guest, even though this was never mentioned. Im sure everyone will be happen in the long run. Lineup is incredibly strong so far, and Im expecting it to get much stronger as well. Great job so far Showmasters.

People are free to comment as they please. Just because you are offended does not automatically mean you are right. People have just as much right to vent disappointment as the people who wet their pants over guest announcements.

Having read many many posts throughout this forum I can only conclude that some people do take this event waaaay too seriously and some people's lives and money-saving seem to revolve around these events. But what is the point in having this forum if only positive ideas are endorsed? Surely the point of discussions is to have opinions from all sides? If showmasters had their way, each and EVERY thread would just be pages and pages of people saying the same thing: "OMG great guest!"..."Wow showmasters well done!"..."Photoshoot booked for me!"..."My bank account can't take anymore!"..."Great guest met them 30 times before, always a pleasure!"

:sleep:

Unless people use vulgarity, then people should have a right to be disappointed about the line up, granted that what pleases one won't please another. I hear there are countries that only have positive news, cos their government wouldn't allow any bad news to be shown.