Easy way to get to Olympia ?

Chrimlee

Thanks, it does say contactless payments - I have a debit card but always do chip and pin, will it work? If not will have friend with me so can share cost of taxi

As further thought on NoName's post check your card if it has the contactless icon on it. Mine does but I always chip and PIN

That's not my name! ;)

It's because I was using the Wrong Name - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol

• Like 1

Hi All,

Im not sure if this as been mentioned before so apologies if it had but thought this may help. I know London really well and travel by tube all the time and I was majorly struggling to figure out how to get to Olympia, I was so confused I came on here asking for help (thank you to those that helped!).

The reason I was so confused?! The TFL route planner is showing some bizarre routes and was refusing to show me travel to Earls Court via Picadilly Line. I have triple checked and this is definitely not closed, there seems to be no reason why it's not showing up but it won't take me that route unless I put it in separately so Marylebone to Earls Court (v simple, change to Picadilly line at Picadilly circus) then Earls Court to Olympia.

It will show me any other route including walking 20 minites but it won't show that route unless I put it in separately, then it confirms its definitely working and its the quickest route!

May seem really obvious but thought I would mention that breaking it down works best as it completely flummoxed me!

Poppy :)

Depends which day you're talking about.

Friday there is no tube line between Earls Court and Olympia but there is a replacement bus service.

Saturday and Sunday the District Line is running between Earls Court and Olympia but the remainder of the District/Circle line in the vicinity is closed. Piccadilly not affected so it may just be the programming parameters.

can anyone tell me how to get to olympia from victoria on the saturday i be traveling all away from herne bay

Usually I'd say get the District line but seeing as there are closures on the line, I think your safest bet is to get the Circle line to High Street Kensington and then a bus, you'll have to Google what bus it is though as I can't recall the number, all I know is that there is a bus from that station to Olympia. Have a check on TFL Journey Planner though, just in case.

can anyone tell me how to get to olympia from victoria on the saturday i be traveling all away from herne bay

Usually I'd say get the District line but seeing as there are closures on the line, I think your safest bet is to get the Circle line to High Street Kensington and then a bus, you'll have to Google what bus it is though as I can't recall the number, all I know is that there is a bus from that station to Olympia. Have a check on TFL Journey Planner though, just in case.

Alternatively if you get off at High Street Kensington when you exit the station turn left and it's a 15 minut walk

From Victoria, get the Victoria Line to Green Park & change there to the Piccadilly line. I'd suggest you then either (A) take the Piccadilly line to Barons Court & it's a 10 min walk to Olympia. (total journey about 30 mins from Victoria to Olympia) OR take the Piccadilly line to Earl's Court & get a District Line train to Olympia (about 22 mins from Victoria to Olympia).

Edited by Magpie Electricals

Just double checking, there's no issues with overground trains between Clapham Junction and Kensington Olympia over the 3 days is there?

I'm going that route and nothing came up when I checked it earlier today

I am going via this route too! Everything was fine when I checked about an hour a go ☺