Big guest announcement at 7pm on Monday 2nd

It's about having fun...........meeting people WE want to meet. Of course we all have our own expectations.

And to be fair. I think there's been enough Game of Thrones over the years, and Harry Potter and Doctor Who. I understand they will still be going strong in 100 years from now when I'm dead but we should get people in from other things. I don't think many of the suggestions on here are half bad. At least they are different. Surely if it is Doctor Who or Game Of Thrones......you must have answers to everything now. What else can possibly be asked? You can only hear the same stories over and over so many times. THere should always be a wide variety of genres and guests and with this being LFCC this is the place to take chances and bring someone in who would normally never do these shows.

I meet guests from DW and GoT. a) not every single member of the cast from these shows have attended conventions, which is why there should be more. B ) they should get guests again from these shows who have done conventions before because not everyone is able to go to every single convention. I still have a lot of people from these shows to meet.

There are so many guests from these shows at most SM's events because they are popular. Popular shows, and popular guests. Therefore, SM will get them.

I'm not interested in Star Wars, Star Trek or horror guests, but I know a lot of other people are, which is why SM get guests from these things for their events.

Edit: I had to put a space between the 'b' and the bracket so it didn't make a smiley.

The horror genre has ALWAYS been under represented here in the UK whereas they are very popular in the US and I think I can say certain parts of Europe also do well with them but that is fine. I've always said the UK is a very TV orientated place. For instance soap operas. What other country has soap operas? Here we are still 30 years Eastenders and 40+ years of Corrie. This country loves to sit in front of a TV screen so it doesn't surprise me one bit that things like Star Trek and Game of Thrones and Doctor Who are popular. Why? Because they're on TV and people here love to sit in front of the TV. That's why movie guests and horror guests tend to be very busy and have excitment about them because they aren't as common and people treat them on an individual basis, it's kind of like a once in a lifetime thing whereas with the TV shows and I include The Walking Dead in this.......they can run forever. There will always be guests from those shows so you'll always get the chance to meet those guests again but for other things that isn't always the case.

• Like 1