Latest Guest Announcement - WILLIAM SADLER

• 4 months later...

Was anyone else disappointed that there were no Roswell prints to choose from when getting William Saddler's autograph. It was great to meet him, but the show I liked him from was Roswell, and there were no photos of him from that series. Had I known I would have bought one from a stall dealer before going to get his autograph.

• Like 1

Great to meet William at the weekend, a lovely chap, took his time to introduce himself to everyone at the photoshoot as far as I could see, shake hands etc and seemed to be engaging and chatting about his career and roles when signing. Always makes me chuckle when you introduce yourself to a celeb and they reply and say , Hi, I'm Bill Sadler, for example. ! And your are like "I NO !!"

Was anyone else disappointed that there were no Roswell prints to choose from when getting William Saddler's autograph. It was great to meet him, but the show I liked him from was Roswell, and there were no photos of him from that series. Had I known I would have bought one from a stall dealer before going to get his autograph.

I had the same issue with Star Trek Deep Space Nine, however I printed one off for myself just in case. I wasn't sure if he would have a Star Trek one only having been in 3 episodes. Glad I did though. He also looked impressed that I had made the effort to get one sorted.

Take care,

Matty-lad

I had the same issue with Star Trek Deep Space Nine, however I printed one off for myself just in case. I wasn't sure if he would have a Star Trek one only having been in 3 episodes. Glad I did though. He also looked impressed that I had made the effort to get one sorted.

Take care,

Matty-lad

There were DS9 prints but some dealer(s) took them all first thing on Saturday and I understand there were various issues getting more printed. Some friends got to him and walked away because of that and complained to a crew member who did a sterling job of trying to help. Some did appear later on on Saturday but much poorer quality than before. Very disappointing that was allowed to happen so early in the day when it was one of the shows listed on his poster.

• Like 1

Take care,

Matty-lad

There were DS9 prints but some dealer(s) took them all first thing on Saturday and I understand there were various issues getting more printed. Some friends got to him and walked away because of that and complained to a crew member who did a sterling job of trying to help. Some did appear later on on Saturday but much poorer quality than before. Very disappointing that was allowed to happen so early in the day when it was one of the shows listed on his poster.

In my opinion this wonderful crew member should be highly commended and treated rightfully so for how she handled such a situation - it just goes to show how lovely crew members are, how much they care and if they can will help out when they can - it was heartbreaking seeing the look on my Friends face and I really felt for them not being able to get the picture they specifically wanted (at the hands of a dealer who had nabbed em all earlier in the day) thankfully this crew member saved the day in a wonderful way.

I know that at (the Manchester event if I have my facts right) that a thread went up informing us of how only Fans would be able to get our dear Friend Kenny Bakers auto as opposed to the dealers? Or something to that effect? Could this happen for those #RealFans who'd like to meet people like William Sadler, those who actually appreciate the attendee/guest interaction experience and will always ALWAYS cherish the memories that such a meeting consists of?

• Like 1

Take care,

Matty-lad

As much as I agree that it sucks that the dealers took all the pics you wanted, and that this shouldn't be allowed, SM have always said that if there is something specific you want a guest to sign then you are best off bringing it yourself as things like this do happen.

Wow, didn't realize there were any DS9 ones. Glad I brought my own. Went to see him at 2pm ish so I guess I was in that middle ground. Not too worried though as I got a Star Trek picture signed. Will keep this all in mind for London though. 15 guests already to see so will have a think of photos just in case.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Take care,

Matty-lad

As much as I agree that it sucks that the dealers took all the pics you wanted, and that this shouldn't be allowed, SM have always said that if there is something specific you want a guest to sign then you are best off bringing it yourself as things like this do happen.

While I am aware this is true, I am generally of the opinion that if you list on the poster next to the person the things they've been in, you're encouraging people to meet that person for those things and should have pictures from those things. And keep a supply of them if they run out. Apparently quite a few people were complaining about this, not just my friends.

Also I agree dealers should not be allowed to grab everything at the start, if there's some left over at the end of the day then fair enough but limit what they're allowed to take at the beginning of the day before anyone else has had chance. And yes I know they bring in money, pay a lot and get perks for it but there should still be limits. How about saying they have to bring their own pics to get signed and not take loads from the tables? That'd be something.

As an attendee & a dealer I'd quite like to know what perks we get? I paid a ridiculous amount of money to be stood in a freezing cold damp corridor for the weekend!

I agree the autograph dealers should be made to wait until the end of the event to get their items done, I missed out on a few guests at the wkend as I didn't wanna wait for 20mins behind a dealer with a large amount of items nor did I have the time! This is upto Showmasters to charge the way that system works

I was so disappointed with that - I got a head shot of him but there was no Sheriff photo of him so I was disappoint. Luckily I bought a cast photo with me to get signed as well. I thought since it said Roswell in the announcement that there would be at least one photo. I did get a Bill and Ted photo though.