Latest Guest Announcement - JAMES REMAR

Me and my family have been hardcore binge-watching Dexter these last few weeks. I literally squealed at this. I always hope for at least one star from each of my favorite shows and I'm glad James is the first Dexter guest! Would love more but just him is still great. :)

• 1 month later...

my local film & arts club just had a special fun screening of "The Warriors" and an hour long Q&A session with Warriors actor David Patrick Kelly(commando,48 hours,the crow)-this has really got me into looking forward to meeting- Ajax - James Remar- Can you dig it!

• Like 1

Really don't understand why anyone would get something 'Aliens' related signed by James. So many great roles to choose from - 'Aliens' not being one of them.

Personally I'm not an Aliens fan so I wouldn't but if somebody else is, that's their choice.
I think what DookuDub means is that Remar only worked on Aliens for 2 weeks before being fired so never (apart from 1 shot, I believe) appeared in the movie. So it is a bit of a weird choice to have him sign something Aliens related. That being said, if that's what someone wants and he's happy to sign it, then go for it. Edited by Wrong Name

Really don't understand why anyone would get something 'Aliens' related signed by James. So many great roles to choose from - 'Aliens' not being one of them.

Personally I'm not an Aliens fan so I wouldn't but if somebody else is, that's their choice.
I think what DookuDub means is that Remar only worked on Aliens for 2 weeks before being fired so never (apart from 1 shot, I believe) appeared in the movie. So it is a bit of a weird choice to have him sign something Aliens related. That being said, if that's what someone wants and he's happy to sign it, then go for it.

He is still associated with the Aliens film though it's like somebody wanting to get the storm troopers from Star Wars, just adding to a collection

• Like 1

I think what DookuDub means is that Remar only worked on Aliens for 2 weeks before being fired so never (apart from 1 shot, I believe) appeared in the movie. So it is a bit of a weird choice to have him sign something Aliens related. That being said, if that's what someone wants and he's happy to sign it, then go for it.
He is still associated with the Aliens film though it's like somebody wanting to get the storm troopers from Star Wars, just adding to a collection
As I said if that's what you want then go for it. Just be warned that it is a project that he was fired from and may not be as enthusiastic about it as some of the fans. Especially as he has a great body of other work.
  • Like 1

As I said if that's what you want then go for it. Just be warned that it is a project that he was fired from and may not be as enthusiastic about it as some of the fans. Especially as he has a great body of other work.
i

I would agree if it was just the one small scene but he also designed the heartpadlock design that is on hicks armour which is a big part of that character so to me that gives him a bigger impact on the film it self!

• 2 months later...

Re. the 'Aliens' credit. Remar has such a huge body of work I find it strange that the event page has 'Aliens' as one of the three things he is known for or is attending this even for. I realise Showmasters likes to have groups of actors from certain projects all together but given that he was apparently sacked for drug use and he has done so much since I think it would be better to have other listings like 'The Warriors'.

• Like 1

I watched Aliens many many times. I've yet to see Remar in Aliens :)

A strange one indeed listing him for Aliens, when it's probably for him a personal low point of his career - being let go from a main role in a film like that...

To be fair I wouldn't ask him to sign anything Aliens and I'm a huge fan of the film too!

"I was initially cast as Corporal Hicks, and I was fired after a couple weeks of filming because I got busted for possession of drugs....Getting fired from Aliens alienated me from [Walter Hill, The Warriors Producer] for twelve years. He didn’t hire me again for twelve years. And I know why - because I made him look bad."

• Like 1

SM probably listed Aliens up there because it is a huge fandom. His involvment in the film isn't talked about much and he's not in the film apart from one shot from behind but its just one of the little legendary stories from behind the scenes.

I'd probably be more interested in meeting him for 48HRS.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...