Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL BIEHN

After reading this thread, I went and had a little look at his previous photo shoots from past events and something that jumped out at me is the lack of physical contact in them. Now of course, it's not a prerequisite that every signer MUST throw their arm around us, so I'm not going to read anything into it.

I'm not sure if I'm the odd woman out there, but he did put his arm around me.

Michael is a really nice person, Remember we are all human (Except me..) Never be put off by the comments on here, Meet who you want to meet and remember Michael is a great actor and done so many good movies. I'm glad I met him back at LFCC. Make up your own mind once you met him. :smile:

I'm coming to this event specifically to see him and really cannot wait. I'm going for both a photo and a sig. Good advice from all, above.

Based on this evening's guest annoucements over on the London thread, I wonder if they'll try and secure Michael for that one too (I remember he was there last year).

• Moderators

I'm coming to this event specifically to see him and really cannot wait. I'm going for both a photo and a sig. Good advice from all, above.

Based on this evening's guest annoucements over on the London thread, I wonder if they'll try and secure Michael for that one too (I remember he was there last year).

I imagine with the big ALIEN reunion If they can they will, but it really comes down to schedules and availability.

• 1 month later...

so his he there at this event or not

Hmm, Not sure why you posted this, If you check the main web page He is on it, if you check the Forum he is on it, there is no mention of him cancelling, So all been well. He will be there.... (Humming the Terminator theme) :whistling: Hope this helps.

Edited by Spacecadet is here
  • Like 1

Just before I was leaving I noticed him just stood on his own so I went over and thanked him for the photo we'd had earlier and the autos and we ended up having a really good chat for about 15/20 mins. Nicest bloke ever but it was very surreal to be just chatting films with Michael Biehn in Sheffield! Top guy.

• Like 1

We saw the talk yesterday and had photos and he was fine - You Can Call Me Al was playing when we got in for our pics, and he stopped the photographer so he could do that dance from the video! He seemed happy enough, and was putting his arm around people, or sometimes shaking hands with the guys. Don't be put off by comments, always go for it if you want to meet someone. They're human and have bad days like all of us, after all! He does give very long answers in the talks though hehehe!

My partner met him on Saturday, he said Michael was great to talk to and they chatted for a while about Tombstone (it's one of my partner's favourite films!). Michael had told him that the crew kept telling him off because he was taking so long with people haha :)

I had met Michael before in London in 2010. Because of a delayed flight I had missed the photo shoot and had a very high VQ ticket that day because I arrived so late and by that time Michael was exhausted and his autograph had reduced to a squiggle.

Things were very different on Sunday. I met him at around 9:30 I think, he spoke a little about the Tombstone pic I has asked him to sign, I attended a very entertaining talk and was very pleased with my photo shoot as well. So all in all very happy! I am hoping to meet him again in Glasgow on Saturday.

I did not meet Michael this weekend but I have met him twice previously and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him. He is one of the most talkative, interesting and genuinely nice guests I have come across, his wife Jennifer is equally lovely.

I too was a little apprehensive in anticipation of meeting him and after reading the previous posts and seeing the photos from previous years. But I met him for an Auto and a Photo on Sunday and also attended his talk and was blown away at how great he was. Got to have a tiny micro-chat with him at the table where he was telling me that he'd watched Aliens recently and thought it stood up well. He also thinks very highly of Spielberg and liked my Jaws T-shirt. Overall, I'm bloomin' chuffed to bits to have met him and heard his talk. Really, really hope we see him as Hicks soon on the big screen in the new Alien film.

My Biehn highlight of the weekend:

We're next in line to meet him in his autograph queue and the pit boss informs us he's got to nip off for a photo shoot and he'll be back in about 15 mins. MB gets up from the signing desk extra large coke in hand, walks past us pauses looks back and says "I'll be back" in his best Arnie voice. Worth the price of admission alone just to get that moment.

Edited by A007
  • Like 1