Chevron 8.2 Hotel Booking Link

Massive Events

16.14% tax... don't know of any tax banding that corresponds to?

I've just checked my original booking - in case we never got a code this year and it's just £90 per night with no estimated taxes as VAT is invluded in the price (as with the £70 pn here). Though the £33.90 are only estimated taxes, may never be charged!!

Edited by Zahariel

I called the hotel and they didn't tell me the code. they just asked for it. I told them i was booking for chevron and the dates but they told me i couldn't book a room without the code. does anyone know what the code is? they wont let me book a room without the code and i cant find it anywhere. i cant book easily online. can anyone help?

Edited by stargate geek emily

I tried to book using the link but the Massive Events website states its £88 a night but the Radisson booking system says £88 excluding VAT.

I'm going to try phoning to book, if its £88 including VAT over the phone, then perhaps Radisson's online booking is incorrect.

I certainly don't want to pay more for the 'privilege' of booking online.

I tried to book using the link but the Massive Events website states its £88 a night but the Radisson booking system says £88 excluding VAT.

I'm going to try phoning to book, if its £88 including VAT over the phone, then perhaps Radisson's online booking is incorrect.

I booked over the phone and it cost me £70 per night and the email conformation i got said £70 per night.

I booked over the phone and it cost me £70 per night and the email conformation i got said £70 per night.

Is that for a single room though? As I will be booking a twin. I wsnt to use the website as I work all day and can't be messing about making calls but if they're going to charge more on the site, then I'll have no choice I guess.

Is that for a single room though? As I will be booking a twin. I wsnt to use the website as I work all day and can't be messing about making calls but if they're going to charge more on the site, then I'll have no choice I guess.

Hi, As per main website http://massiveevents.co.uk/chevron82/venue.html#.VLjmlWZFBWs

• £70 single room
  • £88 twin and double room

All rooms include bed and breakfast for the occupants. Room rate applies to all nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

You will need to call 0208 757 7903 quoting 0422CHEV to get the correct rate applied to your reservation, the online method still adds about 16.14% tax on top of the room rate you go for, however the call only took me about 5-10 minutes yesterday afternoon so is not too bad! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting to hear back from the hotel about it. I emailed them my confirmation to look into as when they looked on their system there was no mention of taxes and it was just the room rate. Will chase them tomorrow as it's been a week.

For those worried, I have contacted the hotel about the Chevron booking link and they have confirmed that it is incorrect. They said it has been passed on and will be sorted as soon as possible. I have no idea how long that will be, unfortunately, but hopefully it will put some minds at rest.

• 3 weeks later...

After a million emails, they're telling me it's fixed, but I can't seem to get it to work.

This was the latest response:

Please find below the link for the Chevron booking in April

http://www.radissonblu-edwardian.com/chev

Please note the guests have to choose the below dates for the correct rates, if they put in any other dates the link will not offer your group the rates below and will take them to another site and offer higher rates subject to availability and these bookings cannot be cancelled.

Friday 24th, Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th April 2015:

Single Occupancy Bed & Breakfast Rate @ £70.00 (inc VAT) per room per night

Double Occupancy Bed & Breakfast Rate @ £88.00 (inc VAT) per room per night

Just tried it now and although there are no doubles available the single room rates shows as £70 per night. They're still showing the estimated taxes but the hotel know nothing about this and have confirmed that we'll only be charged the room rate.