Hotel Code?

CosmicAvatar

• 4 months later...

Are we getting any news on this event its now been quiet for months, no hotel code, no updates very quiet indeed and if you want people to buy tix after last year really need to get it moving. would be a shame to lose this event the early ones were a lot of fun but we need some enthusiasm here.

Edited by buffy2k

I really enjoyed last year and have all the others too but it was the pre organisation last year,many were very disgruntled by the time they got to the event, which was a lot quieter than it had been in past years as people just did not book.

I would hate to lose this event but equally ME need to entice people to buy tickets they are not just going to turn up regardless & without a good line up, communication well in advance etc especially after last year- it doesn't work like that anymore for any con and hasn't done for some time.

Whilst events are expensive to run, I already know that, equally fans also have to save up for these so if we don't hear anything till a few weeks or days before as has been the case on a number of occasions its simply far too late and people will have spent money on other events. The early conventions were run well by ME for this and other shows so the potential is there for more, but it does seem most of the attention is taken up on the signing events which seem to take priority, which is a shame as not everyone like the production line of a signing event where you get a few moments just to obtain an auto.

Hoping for some news, even a hotel code or party themes would help.

Edited by buffy2k

• 1 month later...

I've always wanted to attend but never really had the opportunity. Now that I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford the event I no longer feel like it's worth the money. None of the guests announced so far are that big and the lack of updates worries me a little. I wanted to get a gold or vip ticket but at the moment I don't think I'd be getting my money's worth. Has it been similar in the past? I mean the event's in a little over 3 months but there haven't been any updates in ages.

There have been situations like this in the past. Unfortunately, although ME has announced some guests nice and early ime this time, they may not be big enough to boost ticket sales to the point where more guests can be considered. Which means the old catch-22 situation: no more guests until more tickets sold versus no more tickets sold until more guests announced.

I doubt we'll get much in the way of updates for a few weeks given that LFCC is about to kick off, and there's usually a lot of post-event activity that lasts several days afterwards, but perhaps soon we'll get one.

Either way, I'm still looking forward to it, but I understand how those who are holding back feel.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

• 1 month later...

I was in the area today & mentioned to the hotel we were coming to this event at HW but they tell me they couldn't find a booking for that weekend which I was surprised to hear as surely the reservation was made last year?. ME can you let us know what's going on, is this a mistake, or is this not going ahead in which case can we be informed as I am sure people need to sort their travel plans now as its getting very late.? Many thanks

Edited by buffy2k

Given the very low ticket sales, lack of hotel reservations etc., I suspect it isn't going ahead. :( It would be nice if ME could confirm, though; the lack of update makes me wonder whether they're just sitting on the cancellation to keep people from going to something else that weekend. I can't see enough tickets being sold to justify this one, although as I said in another thread, I'd still sign up again like a shot if they were going to have another go with a "bigger" guest to encourage sales. (I'd still be happy to meet the ones we have at some point.)

I am really hoping they don't cancel the event. I have booked and am looking forward to it.

But, there is no excuse for the lack of info. The hotel prices and code should have been announced months ago. That is the reason for low hotel reservations, they haven't given out any reservation details so I suspect nobody has booked yet.

It is crazy if ME say the event is cancelled because of low ticket sales, they didn't give people a reason to book. There are plenty of Whedon fans who are con goers so the market is there. History has told us that.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

I meant hotel reservations by ME, not the attendees. If they haven't even tried to make the hotel aware of the weekend with a couple of months to go, it's not looking good.

I wouldn't expect any hotel reservations by attendees for a weekend con like this, let alone low ones. It's definitely best to book the hotel with a con code, so it makes sense to wait. Otherwise, I agree with your sentiments!