Let's see the posters you'll hopefully be adding autographs to

jaythree

• Moderators

That star wars poster is great where did you find it?

I got my poster (which is the same as the one above) from eBay

Hi Stuart,

I am also interested in getting a cool looking Star Wars poster for the show, one which represents all the films and this one seems to fit the bill.

The only one I can see on fleabay is from an American seller. Can you recall if you bought yours in the UK or from the states? I would also be concerned about the pen drying ok so if you could point me in the right direction of where you got your one from thpat would be grand.

Many thanks

Hi JW

I'm pretty sure it was from a UK seller on eBay the paper quality is good and I have never had any issues with the ink not drying, I'm trying to check my purchase history to see who the seller was who I bought it from but am not having much joy as it was a good few years ago when I got it, I will keep looking and let you know

Stu

• Moderators

That star wars poster is great where did you find it?

I got my poster (which is the same as the one above) from eBay

Hi Stuart,

I am also interested in getting a cool looking Star Wars poster for the show, one which represents all the films and this one seems to fit the bill.

The only one I can see on fleabay is from an American seller. Can you recall if you bought yours in the UK or from the states? I would also be concerned about the pen drying ok so if you could point me in the right direction of where you got your one from thpat would be grand.

Many thanks

Hi JW

I'm pretty sure it was from a UK seller on eBay the paper quality is good and I have never had any issues with the ink not drying, I'm trying to check my purchase history to see who the seller was who I bought it from but am not having much joy as it was a good few years ago when I got it, I will keep looking and let you know

Stu

I think this is the seller I got mine from as her page still looks the same when I got mine but I can't be 100% as it's been so long since I bought it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Poster-One-Piece-Wall-Art-Print-/161038680668?pt=UK_Art_Photographs_RL&var=&hash=item257ea7425c

got-1.jpg

Been working on this one to get printed. Am thinking A2 size should be ok.

Really like this picture!!

Thanks Stuart.

Still working on it, some tidying up to be done a a few sharp edges to sort. Am also not completely decided on the characters (I can change them), may even leave them off altogether.

Can let you have the print files when complete if you would like your own copy? As I mentioned is A2 size so not a full size poster but should be ok.

Thanks

Yeh that would be fantastic, really appreciate that

No problem. Soon as it's finished I'll post on here and if you like it and want a copy I'll upload print files to Dropbox or the like so you can download for yourself.

Cheers

Yeh spot on cheers mate

Hi Stuart.

Think I am about done with this now. I could tinker a bit more but my tinkering can last months !

Two versions. One with character faces one without - couldn't decide which I liked best.

got-1a.jpg

got-2a.jpg

Both available if you want to download and print your own copies.

Cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

So, despise the fact that i didn't want anything more to collect autographs on, i managed to stumble upon this poster in a store.

And upon seeing it, i decided that this poster is the one i will be collecting the family names on, families from the ones displayed on it, ofc. :D

NOT the best picture. :o

02697217.interactive.a.jpg

Edited by Gamabunta
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, despise the fact that i didn't want anything more to collect autographs on, i managed to stumble upon this poster in a store.

And upon seeing it, i decided that this poster is the one i will be collecting the family names on, families from the ones displayed on it, ofc. :D

This is the one I'm thinking of getting as well!! It's a great year to be starting this poster!!

Please put a picture up after the convention so we can compare what we get! :smile:

1zwp2fk.jpg

Got a nice giclee print of this (about A3 size - if not a little larger).

It's totally pristine now, but with the 3 GoT autos I'm getting at NFCC and the half-dozen or so at LFCC, I reckon it's gonna look nice.

Only Iain Glen will be allowed to sign within the image of Dany and the dragons - the rest can sign the border in silver sharpie!!! : )

Edited by Rotor1999
  • Like 3

I don't have any poster projects on the go but I do have a book which I'm collecting signatures for of Mexican wrestlers.

I've currently got (from the top row left to right): Cassandro Exotico, Kurt Angle, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Dos Caras Jr (Alberto Del Rio), Blue Demon Jr & El Hijo Del Santo. The reason I have Kurt Angles autograph is because he wrote the forward to the book.

I'm going to be looking to add Rey Mysterio Jr to the book. Hopefully there will still be space as I'll be attending a Lucha event the week before! lol

JIM_zpsjjk7r1pq.jpg

• Like 2

^ I agree ^

I had a lot of comments about my Displates that I brought to get signed in the summer. For those that don't know, they're metal posters (more like signs) but they're artworks.

I had compliments from fellow queue waiters, people that were helping at the show and even the guests themselves. Ian McDiarmid and Jeremy Bulloch commented on the Star Wars ones I handed them to have signed, but the ultimate one was from Stan Lee, when I handed over my Spider-Man Displate when he took a minute to look it over and said "wow, that's beautiful" then put it down to sign.

This is the first time I've heard of Displates and have looked them up. How do they take the signatures with sharpies? Are they ok?

^ I agree ^

I had a lot of comments about my Displates that I brought to get signed in the summer. For those that don't know, they're metal posters (more like signs) but they're artworks.

I had compliments from fellow queue waiters, people that were helping at the show and even the guests themselves. Ian McDiarmid and Jeremy Bulloch commented on the Star Wars ones I handed them to have signed, but the ultimate one was from Stan Lee, when I handed over my Spider-Man Displate when he took a minute to look it over and said "wow, that's beautiful" then put it down to sign.

This is the first time I've heard of Displates and have looked them up. How do they take the signatures with sharpies? Are they ok?

Pretty well, when walking away from a signing table I put some tissue paper over the top to help stop any residue rubbing away, and obviously leave it to dry for a minute, although should be dry after 10 seconds like regular sharpie on paper. I tested a sharpie on a metal sign before using my Displates, and that dried instantly.

I've got 5 signed so far (3 Star Wars, 1 Star Trek, 1 Spiderman) and they still look good and they've been hanging up since LFCC in July.

Finally got around to photographing my triple canvas panel, only 3 signatures so far but LFCC will add to that for sure.

16598249048_e039ef9f27_b.jpg

The other ones I have are just A4 prints or scripts so not technically posters. I will be starting a Harry potter 'Marauder's map' this year which should be nice, just need to find something to frame it in.

I second D4's use of tissue paper, when you're spending the amounts we are then every care should be taken.

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 2

This is the one I'm thinking of getting as well!! It's a great year to be starting this poster!!

Please put a picture up after the convention so we can compare what we get! :smile:

Will do, just hopeing they will announce more characters from the bigger families. :P

Do we know if Robert Kurtzman is definitely doing signings, gorefandanny? if he is then that will be epic news for me...

it was noted in the Robert Englund thread that he would be, I have so much for him, will be difficult to decide which to get him to sign!

the Showmasters admin put:

" Robert Kurtzman will be listed as a guest over the week end as a guest in his own right

much more to come

jason "