Latest Guest Announcement - KEN KIRZINGER

Sure seems SM is overloading LFCC with great horror guests this time...too bad it's not my thing... :-(

I wouldn't call 3 to 4 guests overloading though. We usually have a couple of horror guests on the event.

Not of this level, plus overloading is not really a bad thing, is it? ;-)

Very early days to say the event is overloaded with Horror guests ? Yes, there have been a couple of big name announcements with Robert and Ken, but also the big Back to the Future Reunion as well. If anyone hadn't realised this is going to be a big event with something for everyone I would think as the guest announcements are made over the coming months.

Sure seems SM is overloading LFCC with great horror guests this time...too bad it's not my thing... :-(

Makes a change from overloading LFCC with Dr Who guests....not my thing.

Everyone their preferences, l wouldn't mind some Doctor Who guests personally ;-)

I have to admit that although how awesome and appreciated this announcement is, I'm having the same heart felt feelings back when Kane Hodder wasn't cast in Freddy Vs Jason.

There has been many actors who played Jason Voorhees but it was Kane Hodder who really brought the character to life like no other.

With that said, if a Freddy vs Jason shoot should happen then Ken Kirzinger is the man we need and I'm really looking forward to meeting him :)

It hasn't been mentioned who will be applying the Jason make-up? Will it be someone who worked on Freddy Vs Jason?

Also, on the London Film & Comic Con front page, it lists Ken Kirzinger in the movie 'Friday 13th'. He only played Jason in 'Freddy Vs Jason'. It was Derek Mears who played Jason in Friday 13th (2009) so you might want to get someone to remove that.

Lastly - a big thank you for organising this with horror fans in mind. I know we've kicked up a fuss in the past but this really shows that you are listening. Cheers Jason.

He was a cook in Friday the 13th - Jason takes to NYC part 8.

I have to admit that although how awesome and appreciated this announcement is, I'm having the same heart felt feelings back when Kane Hodder wasn't cast in Freddy Vs Jason.

There has been many actors who played Jason Voorhees but it was Kane Hodder who really brought the character to life like no other.

With that said, if a Freddy vs Jason shoot should happen then Ken Kirzinger is the man we need and I'm really looking forward to meeting him :)

It hasn't been mentioned who will be applying the Jason make-up? Will it be someone who worked on Freddy Vs Jason?

Also, on the London Film & Comic Con front page, it lists Ken Kirzinger in the movie 'Friday 13th'. He only played Jason in 'Freddy Vs Jason'. It was Derek Mears who played Jason in Friday 13th (2009) so you might want to get someone to remove that.

Lastly - a big thank you for organising this with horror fans in mind. I know we've kicked up a fuss in the past but this really shows that you are listening. Cheers Jason.

He was a cook in Friday the 13th - Jason takes to NYC part 8.

'Jason Takes Manhattan' ;)

Ken's role in that movie was uncredited.

• Like 1

It would be great for those of us that have brought a diamond pass to be able to add this on as an extra photo. So we get one with Freddy on his own like we all planned then those of us who are happy to pay the extra all circle back round and get one with Freddy and Jason.

This. As much as I like Jason, I want one one with Freddy/Robert solo before anything else.

Edited by DayOfTheBread

• Moderators

Costume Photo Shoot booked! :dance:

BTW: I would love to get the shoot while he is holding the mask in the hand an not wearing. Would be a shame not to see his face... would kind like standing near to a statue or figure.

That is how Jeremy Bulloch did the Boba Fett Shoot last year, holding the helmet underarm so you could see his face

• Like 2

Costume Photo Shoot booked! :dance:

BTW: I would love to get the shoot while he is holding the mask in the hand an not wearing. Would be a shame not to see his face... would kind like standing near to a statue or figure.

That is how Jeremy Bulloch did the Boba Fett Shoot last year, holding the helmet underarm so you could see his face

Ah this would be good, if it's makeup as well though then do we get the FvJ Jason face below the mask anyway?

015.jpg

Is it possible to have a upgrade on my robert Englund diamond pass or add on to the freddy make up photoshoot, I would freddy and jason make up photoshoot together

i have to say the Robert in Make up shoot WILL ONLY BE SOLD IN THE DIMOND PASS and that is going to be final so any combined shoots in make up WILL ONLY be offers to Robert Englund Diamond pass holders as his makeup shoot is exclusive to this package , and i want to also point out that we are tailing about this but its far frame guaranteed to happen , i just want to keep this clear from the start theres a lot to arrange other than just saying yes to this so please give us the time to talk this over with the relevant parties , but to be clear you will have to have to be a Robert Englund Diamond pass holder if it dose come available.

hope that helps and is clear

thanks

jason

Sounds promising. So there could be potential for a shoot with Robert as Freddy and Ken as Jason ? If so, great news, would also consider a double shot with them in non make-up as well, if that was an alternative and easier to fit into the schedule.

If it was confirmed he was holding mask and not wearing I'd be 100% booking. That's my only kinda sway atm is that if he's wearing it it could be anyone.

Ok here are my thoughts:

• Special Make-Up artist has not been announced to do Ken's make-up like Robert Englund's announcement.
  • No Diamond Pass option, cheaper photoshoot ticket = no extra expenses needed to pay for make-up artist(s) and expensive make-up prosthetics.
  • Conclusion = He will be wearing an easily fitted overhead foam-latex piece (no gluing or painting required) with his face left uncovered where the hockey mask will be fitted (see example below). His face will be painted black to ensure his actual flesh colour wont show through the mask.

8416881617_293a742669_b.jpg

So yes he will be wearing the mask which I think is my much preferred option.

Even if he wears the mask or not, you still wouldn't be able to tell it's Ken Kirzinger in comparison to Robert Englund's make-up.

Jason Voorhees' hockey mask is what made his character iconic, not his face underneath.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...