Please post all your Diamond Pass Questions here!

slim

I purchased a ticket for Freddy but it says I need to buy another ticket to validate it (entry ticket I am guessing).

Is this really the case as I'm not paying to get into the venue as I have a table there?

Any advice gratefully received. Wasn't an issue last time I was selling in Cardiff as the one guest I'd booked cancelled.

• Moderators

Basically that just means you have to have a ticket to get into the event in the first place - if you have a table then this also counts.

It's to make sure that people don't turn up at the door on the day having paid for a diamond pass but not being able to get inside! (Especially as all entry tickets on Saturday and potentially Sunday are pre-sold for this event so they can't just pay there)

there is no swapping from gold to diamond they have NOTHING to do with each other at all.

you need some kind of entry first be it standard entry pass or gold pass this gets you in.

then you can buy Diamond passes FOR GUESTS

gold = entry

DP=guest

they are special bolt ons not passes, they are guest specific

for example:

1 x gold entry (will get you in)

1 x Dp for robert england (does not get you entry but allows you to meet robert)

1 x Dp fr chris lloyd (does not get you entry but allows you to meet chris

1 x Dp for tom hiddleston (fingers crossed) (does not get you entry but allows you to meet tom)

1 x photo for whoever

1 x photo with whatever

gold entry is an ENTRY ticket Diamond is for guests only no swapping, it's not an upgrade it's an extra

According to the first post, it is possible to swap:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85787#entry1882621

If you buy a normal gold pass and later we announce a big guest that you feel you want to buy a Dedicated Guest Diamond Pass for you will be able to swap it out and pay the difference. That way you can buy a regular Gold Pass with confidence and not worry that a big guest may come leaving you stuck with the regular pass. We are here to try and help everyone get to meet these big named guests and as you can see, we have tried to think things through so it works and is fair for all.

Edited by Not_Pennys_Ship

Stephy is right, a diamond pass is an add on. Besides Gold Pass acting as entry (contrary to the Diamond Pass) You still keep your Gold Pass priviledges for all other guests if you add a Diamond Pass to it. For example, with a standard ticket and the Diamond Pass for Christopher Lloyd you won't get to join the back the back of the line for the Walking Dead Guests. If you get a Gold Pass and add said Diamond Pass you would still be able to join the back of the lines for those guests without VQ tickets.

The post you quoted allows a swap in case you say "umm... I *have* to see this one guest now but he/she isn't covered by my Gold Pass. I would have rather went for the Diamond Pass straight away had I known they would be announced".

• Like 2

Let me check on this.

In this specific case I'd personally say it would be more of an upgrade since Christopher Lloyd is part of the BTTF Reunion, so I'd say it should be possible. We've allowed upgrades from standard photos to costume photo ops for example, and that's pretty much the same theory in my eyes.

But please bear with me, I need to get that confirmed.

Evening!

Sorry I have to ask another diamond pass question, don't know if it's because I'm looking through a mobile app all the time and posts are getting lost etc etc...

So, a diamond pass guarantees you everything. 100%?

So if, for examples sake, I buy a Christopher Lloyd photo for Saturday... I wouldn't be guaranteed to get it because he's busy doing diamond pass stuff first...

Would this then be transferred to Sunday? What happens if you buy it and never get the opportunity to get the photo, will it be refunded?

Last year was chaos and just need to go in full armed with knowledge with this new pass scheme..

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply, Yes that's what I understand, but this didn't happen last year, as lots of people were told to come back following day for stan lee and Tony head.. Diamond pass is supposed to stop this. But in the grand scheme of things will it avoid it? As guests will be just as busy...

• Showmasters Admin

No one was turned away from the Tony head shoot that i know of.

with Stan there was unique issues and as Stan was 91 we had thing change on us on the day , so its a very rare thing to happen out of the 1000s of guests and 100s of photo shoots we run and the 10s of 1000s of photo ops its rare this ever becomes an issue.

hope that puts your mind to rest

jason

• Showmasters Admin

hi there when we put out the emails there was some reference to a bigger BTTF diamond pass this slipped in tot he prep work for the announcement but in fact there is no planes for a bigger BTTF diamond pass.

Diamond passes are supposed to be for 1 dedicated guest and that way its with in our control if a guest has to drop out we can refund , its that simple a bigger pass that includes other guests relays on them all being at the show and if one drops out it messes up the pass totally and we have to refund or replace or discount and all three mean everyone feels different and wants a different outcome and its becomes a mess so thats why we are not doing this.

Also it will not be any cheeper combining say 3 guests with diamond passes into one pass so its not a saving and its had no benefit .

Any group shots will go on sale and can be bought and that is the best way for any cross over photo ops and if a guest drops out of that it just affects this on ticket not the total package of s diamond pass.

We want to offer everyone a lot more choice and you are seeing that with all the amazing photo ops that will be offered this year but it all has to work and we have to be able to driver what we are offering so this way we know we scan driver what you are buying so it works for everyone at the show.

Hope that is helpful and explains what we are doing and offering.

So if you really want to meet a guest and get most of what that guest is involved with over the weekend then the Diamond pass takes all the stress out of your days and thats what we are offering everyone.

these first Diamond passes are for guests that we have worked with before but i do still want to say we are working on some Mega guests that are very rare and these Diamond passes are going to reflect the costs in booking some of these guests so they will be costing more , i just wanted to give you all that heads up.

hope that helps

jason