Postage Suggestion

Hi Showmasters.

I was wondering if you'd be able to introduce some way of reserving tickets (fully paid in advance), but holding off on the postage until requested.

I now realise that I'll be buying tickets on an individual basis pretty often (to avoid missing guests as they're announced), but £2.50 per ticket is gonna stack up. £2.50 is great value for a batch of tickets, but not so great when buying them £15-£20 at a time.

Cheers.

• Like 1

It's a great idea, I often jump in and impulse buy as guests are announced but as you say it adds up on a purchase by purchase basis. I'd much rather buy all my tickets and have them all sent a few weeks before the event in one go ... whether they go for this is another matter though, I'm sure this question must have been asked before? Anyone know of a thread similar to this which has the answers?

• Like 1

• Moderators

The idea has come up before, but it's just something that would be difficult to implement. I don't believe the current software the shop uses offers it as an option so either an entirely new piece of programming would have to be written to do it or it would have to be done manually, which I imagine would be pretty painful considering the thousands of people who buy tickets annually.

With regards to e-tickets I just don't think it would work. You'd be looking at tens of thousands of paper tickets being handed in for entry, photos and talks. They can easily be forged and it would cost loads to implement barcode scanning for authenticity. It would also be very time consuming.

I think Showmasters have said before that the service they use means they can't hold off on sending tickets until a later date. To be honest, I'm actually in favour of the system at the moment. Remember, the tickets we receive have lower numbers the earlier you order them. If the sending of tickets was helf off till closer to the event I think showmasters would have to remove this number system. It would have to be more like Dest Star Trek, because its unrealistic sending out numbered tickets at the last minute. It would take too long sorting through envelopes and what not, and storing ticket numbers in advance on a system just wouldn't work.

• Like 2

It's a great idea, I often jump in and impulse buy as guests are announced but as you say it adds up on a purchase by purchase basis. I'd much rather buy all my tickets and have them all sent a few weeks before the event in one go ... whether they go for this is another matter though, I'm sure this question must have been asked before? Anyone know of a thread similar to this which has the answers?

I have a similar thread on the go, that has had an answer, but no solution in hand. I was asking for a similar thing so you can buy - and obviously pay for all the tickets you require as they are announced, then they are posted out in a batch for one set of postage, i have no problem with the advance purchase, but the postage does add up and you don't want to wait and risk a sell out for the sake of the P&P.

Hi Showmasters.

I was wondering if you'd be able to introduce some way of reserving tickets (fully paid in advance), but holding off on the postage until requested.

I now realise that I'll be buying tickets on an individual basis pretty often (to avoid missing guests as they're announced), but £2.50 per ticket is gonna stack up. £2.50 is great value for a batch of tickets, but not so great when buying them £15-£20 at a time.

Cheers.

I asked a similar thing yesterday, but it seems to be a no go.

Or even the option of having it sent 1st class as well as recorded would be nice. Postage would be cheaper plus I wouldn't have to come home from work to a "Sorry we missed you" note and have to trek it to the post office to collect something that could have easily been put through the letterbox but wasn't because it had to be signed for.

The tickets are sent recorded so that IF they get lost in the post, there's a record of it and the tickets can be replaced.

But do SM really keep the tracking numbers matched to the orders so they can use them to track missing tickets?

Edited by Queen_Sindel

The tickets are sent recorded so that IF they get lost in the post, there's a record of it and the tickets can be replaced.

But do SM really keep the tracking numbers matched to the orders so they can use them to track missing tickets?

Yes, they do. I've removed the rest of your post because no need to give people ideas. Under some circumstances this can happen due to several circumstances, Royal Mail being one of them. But trust me, it will be checked after the event at the latest and a note is made.

Yes, they do. I've removed the rest of your post because no need to give people ideas. Under some circumstances this can happen due to several circumstances, Royal Mail being one of them. But trust me, it will be checked after the event at the latest and a note is made.

No problem. Wasn't my intent to give people ideas, I was just saying what I've read someone say elsewhere, so was curious is all.