Latest Guest Announcement - ROBERT ENGLUND & DIAMOND PASS

Got my ticket last night, would have been nice to get a response re: the jumper & the number of tickets available though (even if it was 'We don't know yet'), as Showmasters are usually certainly a lot better than certain other forums at giving answers/advice!

Still, I'm sure it'll make a top photo anyway

Just if you do get the chance of an input - the overwhelming fan consensus seems to be requesting the old dirty sweater look! :thumbup:

Got my ticket last night, would have been nice to get a response re: the jumper & the number of tickets available though (even if it was 'We don't know yet'), as Showmasters are usually certainly a lot better than certain other forums at giving answers/advice!

Jason already stated that there's "much more to come", so I'm guessing the finer details are still being finalised.

Kinda ironic how the name Jason is bringing Freddy to us :lol:

Edited by Graphic_Delusions
  • Like 2

I've just watched Robert Englund's on stage interview when he wore the Freddy make-up and he explained why he didn't wear the hat and sweater (quotes below).

I'm guessing Robert will be wearing the exclusive t-shirt that we're getting with the Diamond Pass. I can understand the hat, but I really do hope he does wear the signature striped sweater.

"...this is me, you're getting me... With the hat on and with the sweater on I look like an impersonator"
"...with the hat on you can't even see me... It takes us 10 tries with the hat when we did the movies."

• Showmasters Admin

It would be nice to have the option to buy the photoshoot without the additional stuff, at a reduced rate. I'm not interested in prints, autographs etc.

Its a package deal that has been put together with Robert and ourselves so it has great value and also to bring something that really dose not have a price , the make up shoot is the value in the package and as the only time this has ever been done was once in the US at the price for just the Makeup photo ops was $360 for that part alone which is which is around £220 and you would have had to have gone to the US to do this which would coast around £300 + also so i think what we have on offer here is really a bargain , looking at the numbers of people buying them i think many fans see this also as i think we will be close to selling out in around 7 to 10 weeks tops ?

we wanted Robert to do this for us and its not something that is easy for Robert and not something i think he will be doing again in a hurry if at all again.

so the price is what it is and the package is to give it some amazing value for everyone , and when you leave the shoot you will have something that only you that was there could ever have you and Freddy Kruger in the flesh :-0

i for one am getting one of these it really is such a cool thing ;-)

jason

• Like 3

It would be nice to have the option to buy the photoshoot without the additional stuff, at a reduced rate. I'm not interested in prints, autographs etc.

Its a package deal that has been put together with Robert and ourselves so it has great value and also to bring something that really dose not have a price , the make up shoot is the value in the package and as the only time this has ever been done was once in the US at the price for just the Makeup photo ops was $360 for that part alone which is which is around £220 and you would have had to have gone to the US to do this which would coast around £300 + also so i think what we have on offer here is really a bargain , looking at the numbers of people buying them i think many fans see this also as i think we will be close to selling out in around 7 to 10 weeks tops ?

we wanted Robert to do this for us and its not something that is easy for Robert and not something i think he will be doing again in a hurry if at all again.

so the price is what it is and the package is to give it some amazing value for everyone , and when you leave the shoot you will have something that only you that was there could ever have you and Freddy Kruger in the flesh :-0

i for one am getting one of these it really is such a cool thing ;-)

jason

I think it's a great value package, but can you try and convince robert to a least wear the freddy sweater even if he does'nt wear the hat (though it would be nice if he wears both) PLEASE Edited by Litafan83

Jason - Fair enough, if that's the deal, that's the deal.

Knitty Fred - obviously I was referring to the make up shoot, not the regular Robert shoot, which could have been obtained at any of his previous appearances.

Ah okay on my reading you weren't clear on that point. The whole point of the Freddy photoshoot experience is that it's an exclusive part of the diamond ticket and, although this particular ticket isn't something that appeals to me as I'm not a Freddy fan, if I had purchased it due to this factor and subsequently found that the Freddy photoshoots were being sold off separately cheaper I would feel disillusioned certainly, cheated perhaps.

Ah okay on my reading you weren't clear on that point. The whole point of the Freddy photoshoot experience is that it's an exclusive part of the diamond ticket and, although this particular ticket isn't something that appeals to me as I'm not a Freddy fan, if I had purchased it due to this factor and subsequently found that the Freddy photoshoots were being sold off separately cheaper I would feel disillusioned certainly, cheated perhaps.

Yeah, I've been around on here a LONG time, been to a lot of cons all around the world, and as you can probably tell from my picture, met a load of huge stars, so I'm very aware of how this diamond pass works. I don't need it explaining to me.

I was merely stating that IF the make up photo was available as an option without the talk/t shirt/autograph/print -all of which I have no interest in, sold at the same time as the Diamond pass, but at a reduced cost that excluded all this, then I MAY have been interested.

However, as Jason explained that the cost and these items are part of the deal with Robert, which is fair enough, and me not being that big of a Freddy fan, it's an easy pass for me. It would have been more of a novelty photoshoot for me rather than an essential purchase.

I brought my ticket I am so happy and can't wait. A few of us have a lot of interest from other nightmare on elm street cast that want to come over. Mark Patton would like to return, we also have a big interest from Tuesday Knight, Andras Jones, Ken Sagoes, Kelly Jo Minter and Danny Hassel.

• Like 1

O.K. I'm in ! :smile:

It really is a rare opportunity and the more I thought about it , the more I thought I have to go for it.

Freddy Krueger is such an iconic character and also to have Robert in full make-up, applied by another legend , make up artist Robert Kurtzman is too good to miss.

It really is like today's equivalent of saying I'll pass on the photo of Boris Karloff as the Monster and a talk with Boris and Jack Pierce about the make up for the Monster in Frankenstein.

Had to be done really. Roll on Summer 2015.

• Like 1

I like how this diamondpass has been setup. Its not what I expected (Im positivly suprised), this is very affordable and you get some nice stuff out of it. I was expecting all the diamondpasses to be £500-600 and a major star. (No this is not classing Robert Englund as a lesser star)

I like this! :) Gives the chance for everyone who "just" want to see him and get an autograph, and for thoose more hardcore fans they can get a whole other experience out of it. :)

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but i have to ask. If i bought a diamond pass and attended the show with my 6 year old daughter would you really charge another £135 for her to be in the picture with me?

Would be interesting to know this as well, but I'm expecting the answer will be yes as it includes a lot more than the photo itself.

So you guys seem to be getting a huge response from the Robert Englund diamond pass anoucement.

That being said i think its proved that you guys should look into the popularity of horror cons they can be very big

So how about it ???? You have a power rangers con, a twilight con and a buffy con, with a horror con i think will bring in some crazy amount of people look at the success of the many horror cons from around the world its crazy. And its very surprising that England does not have atleast one horror con which is very surprising because the British have had a huge part in the horror world and if it wasn't for Europe alot of horror movies that are now legendary would not have its success, and why well one of the reasons America always stock its nose up at the genre but over here always welcomed it so why the hell haven't we got a horror con. Germany does and its very popular.

• Like 3

So you guys seem to be getting a huge response from the Robert Englund diamond pass anoucement.

That being said i think its proved that you guys should look into the popularity of horror cons they can be very big

So how about it ???? You have a power rangers con, a twilight con and a buffy con, with a horror con i think will bring in some crazy amount of people look at the success of the many horror cons from around the world its crazy. And its very surprising that England does not have atleast one horror con which is very surprising because the British have had a huge part in the horror world and if it wasn't for Europe alot of horror movies that are now legendary would not have its success, and why well one of the reasons America always stock its nose up at the genre but over here always welcomed it so why the hell haven't we got a horror con. Germany does and its very popular.

Déjà vu anyone? Haha Edited by only_jay
  • Like 4