Slow guest announcements...

Wall_E

Hey all, I don't want to sound too much of a twist, but it seems the guest announcements are coming in very slow. I mean I know I don't expect the volume we got for the London Comic Con, but a few guests a month up to the date would be cool. Or are we just going to get a big group announcement in the future?

I just hope the popularity of the last event in Newcastle helps us get more big names :)

• Moderators

There are still several months before the event, and they're only just coming to the end of a long run of events the last couple months. I wouldn't expect things to really take off announcement-wise until the new year (although there may be some before then - I don't actually know anything more than any of you when it comes to guests!)

• 1 month later...

This year's line up is poor considering that showmaster said due to last year's popularity this year would be bigger and better. Still no comic artist or writers yet.

I must admit I am also beginning to get concerned as I bought my tickets on the first day of sale with the thought of "its going to be bigger then last year"

I hope my concerns are wrong, however I am looking forward to seeing James Masters

• Like 1

You've still got almost three full months yet and not a lot would have happened over the Christmas and New Year Period. Whilst you might have a lot more guests announced for the Summer LFCC this is Showmasters flagship event and by far the biggest but that doesn't mean Newcastle won't get some good guests, but it will certainly get a lot less overall. Some good headliners there already though in James, Eve and Kristanna.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm hoping now that its after xmas we will get some good announcements. I'm just hoping there might be at least 1 great guest. I mean I know there are some decent guests so far and it all depends on the people attending interests but I'm sure even fans of the shows these people have been in can say they're not amazing compared to other shows.