How was today?

Diabolik

I'll kick off - I was done by 12 and that included a repeat walk around. Met no guests, spent nowt but good atmosphere and quiet. Weather was a let down in the run up to 9am, skies emptied down and saw a good deal of unprepared cos players get a soaking!

Hopefully next year will be an improvement on guests but keep the same relaxed atmosphere...

• Like 1

I had a good time today, but like you, I was done fairly early (I caught the 1.30 train home) but I did get 3 photoshoots and one sig so I spent a bit more than you! Still had a good morning but it was very quiet (not with numbers of visitors, but with guests - last year you had 2 rooms being used for the amount of photoshoots happening, this year they all took place in the same room).

Really enjoyed it! Met all the guests (GoT actors) with no waiting (bar Alfie who showed up a bit later) and had a good look around in about 2 hours. Good atmosphere.

Cardiff can be quite cramped due to the size of the venue and the crowds who go, but very happy with how today went.

Popping along tomorrow to get a Kate Dickie autograph and it will be a very successful weekend (living 10 minutes away from the venue does make things easier!).

We had a good day, me and my son, took sneaky pics of the guests and even met Rhys Jones, off Rhys to the rescue, my son had his photo taken with him, my son was in awe of all the lego there. I had pre booked a photo shoot with Jason Momoa, so was gutted when he cancelled, but all in all, enjoyed it, as it was our first time. Looking forward to the next one.

Event inside was excellent. The atmosphere was brilliant and as usual the guests, crew, talks and photoshoots were all excellent.

Only issue I had was the queuing to get in. I had an early bird ticket and was there by 8.50 but actually got in the building at 9.35. I agree that the weather was dreadful and that cant be helped but there was no crew member directing people on the pre paid end which consisted when I was there of pre paid tickets and pay on the day. No one knew where to queue and punters were being sent back.

Once inside the event went well. Its a great venue.

Yes I was in the wrong queue, I had pre paid tickets, and that queue was longer than the buy on the door one, so I stayed put. Needs to be better sign posted next time. although we got in pretty quick, even the weather didn't put a dampner on our day. Looking forward to the next, as this one was our first.

Good day, liked the comic guys on the upper floor, more space. Still a bit squishy around the centre stalls in the afternoon though. The rain must have seen the crew off because they were out there before the doors opened directing people to there q's !

Even the talks queues went smoothly, although not quite sure i agree wholly with the new system. but hey don't care saw what i wanted lol

Hats off to the wrestlers they had no-one barely for they're talk but they had a lot of fun and boy can they talk ! I know nowt about wrestling but we got roped in to make up the numbers and i'm glad i sat in there.

Stayed until the end back tomorrow to do it again !

• Like 1

My experience was short but sweet; queued in pay on door and there was a staff member barking out orders making sure people were in the right queue so there was no confusion, besides there were notes on the door to say where to queue. Got in shortly after 9am. Got the four autos i wanted and the guests were very chirpy since it was the beginning of the day too. The heavens did open up whilst i queued but fortunately the guy behind me had an umbrella, result!

I was all done by 10am and there were no queues as i left the venue. I would have spent more time at the arena if i had'nt come straight off a night shift so made for a snappy exit.

I agree for me the guest list was slightly disappointing as previous shows did have a lot more to offer with a greater variety of guests, however the guests i did meet were very friendly and their autos make a great addition to my collection.

We got to venue at 8.45 but was raining hard and the wife had to buy an umbrella. We joined the queue (without tickets) and didn't wait long to get in. We went straight to the guests and found their were very short queues. We met Craig Charles, then Shirley Henderson (she put 'ghosts rule' on her signed photo). Loved the car from Transformers!! I bought my wife a tribble which was voice/sound activated. It was very full with people in amazing costumes. Had a brilliant convention and will definitely go next year.

Edited by Autographcollector

Good day, liked the comic guys on the upper floor, more space. Still a bit squishy around the centre stalls in the afternoon though. The rain must have seen the crew off because they were out there before the doors opened directing people to there q's !

Even the talks queues went smoothly, although not quite sure i agree wholly with the new system. but hey don't care saw what i wanted lol

Hats off to the wrestlers they had no-one barely for they're talk but they had a lot of fun and boy can they talk ! I know nowt about wrestling but we got roped in to make up the numbers and i'm glad i sat in there.

He wrestlers tend to be very lively, I think they do get overlooked at times but its great to hear you took the time and enjoyed it.

He wrestlers tend to be very lively, I think they do get overlooked at times but its great to hear you took the time and enjoyed it.

Yea was fun and glad i sat in on something diferent :)