Guest Cancellation - Jason Momoa

• Showmasters Admin

Due to a change in his filming schedule Jason Momoa will no longer be able to attend our Cardiff film & comic con. We wish him the best of luck with his work commitments and hope to see him at a future event.

All photo sessions will be refunded back onto the card that they were purchased with today.

• Like 1

My god,it's as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. Just the other day someone posted his prices went up aswell and god that is so close to the event. Just when i thought the place was gonna be a giant que for him its gone.

• Like 1

Well that's a shame. It's now just 1 guest each for my brother and I. Just got to hope they are still coming.

Now just waiting on a photo schedule so we can plan a trip to the Doctor Who Experience.

Take care,

Matty-lad

Edited by Matty-lad

I was meeting Jason and Carice for my 19th Birthday so this is like the worst news possible......but Finn is still going so that's always a plus :)

Can we get Clive Russell as a replacement though?! Or a CGI dragon?! I don't actually mind so long as it's Thrones related :3

Had a feeling this would happen...

Even so, more in hope than anything else, bought 2 early birds for Saturday and now will attend just for the sake if it, walking past the usual parade of Dr Who and Star Wars guests who you can guarantee never cancel...

• Like 3

I know it cannot be helped but I'm very annoyed about this. Both 'big' guests cancelled in a short space of time.

I had one photoshoot on Saturday and am now stuck with an entry ticket that I may not need.

Wont be buying in advance anymore as I don't see the point. :no:

• Like 4

Totally gutted about this - I know it can't be helped but he was my whole reason for going! Me and my partner even bought early bird tickets so we don't miss a chance to get tickets for any talks like we did at the one in March! To be honest if we hadn't bought tickets I don't think we'd bother going :(

• Like 2

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there

we know that people hate it when a guest has to drop out and its hard to here , the thing is we also hate it when that happens as we lose flight money and we could have also used the budget of the fees on another guest that could attend so we all hate it :-(.

When this happens there is nothing anyone can do to change this aspect of the show and booking in the guests , i know Jason wanted to be here also he loves the UK but when on a film things can change and things sometimes over run and the filming has to come first it is the way of things sorry :-(

jason

• Like 1

I am absolutely gutted, only reason I was going, but still going as my son likes star wars and Dr Who.

Same here. We're now flying over from Switzerland just so my son can meet people from his fave shows.

I know there's always a risk of cancelations, but it doesn't make it any less disappointing :(