Horror Films (Part 1)

theoden_of_rohan

From the following, please choose your favourite!  

54 members have voted

1. 1. From the following, please choose your favourite!

• The Exorcist
    • Poltergeist
    • The Shining
    • Candyman
    • The Omen
    • Halloween
    • Carrie
    • Friday the 13th
    • A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • Psycho

Ok, so I know that a lot of great horror films have been left out, but that's

1) because the bloody poll only allows 10 choices, and

2) this is only the first part

So, let us all know which of the above classics is your favourite...not necessarily which you think is the scariest...but which you enjoy the most!!!

This'll be interesting...

Edited by theoden_of_rohan

I had to go for the Exorcist.. mainly because I class it as a pinacle in the history of horror films.. I rate it's importance alongside that of Frankenstein for the effect it had on the general public..

I remember as a kid that cinemas employed nurses on hand to treat people badly affected by it.. and personally, having seen it as a kid, I couldn't watch it again until well into my adulthood..

It is now.. a bit dated.. as the golden age films are, such as Frankenstein..

For sheer shock (jump out of your seat moment) it sort of ties between the end of Carrie (a classic) or Friday 13th.

By the way.. magazine yesterday confirmed that from May 3rd, THE HORROR CHANNEL will commence on Sky TV..

Edited by dragonmate1

I had to go for the Exorcist.. mainly because I class it as a pinacle in the history of horror films.. I rate it's importance alongside that of Frankenstein for the effect it had on the general public..

I remember as a kid that cinemas employed nurses on hand to treat people badly affected by it.. and personally, having seen it as a kid, I couldn't watch it again until well into my adulthood..

It is now.. a bit dated.. as the golden age films are, such as Frankenstein..

For sheer shock (jump out of your seat moment) it sort of ties between the end of Carrie (a classic) or Friday 13th.

By the way.. magazine yesterday confirmed that from May 3rd, THE HORROR CHANNEL will commence on Sky TV..

That's cool. They were talking about the horror channel when I was in the US last year at a Halloween con (guess which one I voted for), I never thought that we would even get it in the UK, let alone so quickly.

Thanks for the news.

Obi-Wan :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...