Guest suggestions

Would love to meet any Doctor Who guests including Peter Capaldi, Billie Piper, John Barrowman, Alex Kingston, John Simm, Michelle Gomez, Catrin Stewart, Spencer Wilding and Peter Wyngarde. Any Sherlock Holmes guests including Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Scott and Natalie Dormer. Any Primeval guests including Douglas Henshall and Jason Flemying. Any Heroes guests including Zachary Quinto and Adrian Pasdar. Any Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D guests including Clark Gregg and Bill Paxton. Any Arrow guests including Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards. Any Warehouse 13 guests including Eddie McClintock and Allison Scagliotti. Any Scorpion guests including Elyes Gabel and Robert Patrick. That will do.

Being as Gareth David-Lloyd and John Leeson have been announced recently, despite them already being announced for other events, I'm hoping for a few more Doctor Who guests who too are already attending elsewhere.

I would especially love to see Bonnie Langford, Camille Coduri and Dan Starkey announced!

• Like 1

Seth Green (Star Wars: Clone Wars :yoda: , Austin Powers, Family Guy, Buffy, Dads & Robot Chicken)
Heather Morris (Glee, Spring Breakers & Ice Age: Continental Drift)
Kate Hudson (Almost Famous, Glee, Something Borrowed & Bride Wars)
Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy, Ringer, Scream 2, The Grudge & The Crazy Ones)
Amy Adams (Man of Steel, The Muppets, Enchanted, American Hustle, The Fighter & Doubt)
Carlos Jacott (Big Love, Buffy, Angel, CSI, Firefly & The Mentalist)

Really hoping for a Doctor Who companion... I would love to see Bernard Cribbins announced!

I will be attending but at the moment there are only five guests I want to meet, which is minuscule compared to last year, so I'm hoping for a few guests from Doctor Who, Torchwood,The Walking Dead, Under The Dome, Lost, etc. to be announced.

Last year there were 82 media guests attending the show, and at the moment there are only 37 media guests attending this year...

The fact it's under half the amount is quite worrying, and I'm for a bombardment of announcements in the next two weeks before the show.

Fingers crossed for Doctor Who and The Walking Dead guests specifically.

• Like 3

I hadn't worked out the numbers but I did agree that it is far lower than last years list. The sports guests are far higher though so that may account for the drop in numbers. There's also a distinct lack of female guests this year I noticed. I am hoping for more guests myself but it is getting rather late on now. Fingers crossed for late announcements :)

I'm really hoping for some good announcements soon. I didn't realise how few media guests there are this year, its concerning. I'd like showmasters to confirm that they are, at least, trying to get more guests.

On the flip side, lfcc is looking impressive.

Last year there were 82 media guests attending the show, and at the moment there are only 37 media guests attending this year...

The fact it's under half the amount is quite worrying, and I'm for a bombardment of announcements in the next two weeks before the show.

Fingers crossed for Doctor Who and The Walking Dead guests specifically.

This is what I've been saying! This years show is very disappointing so far with lack of guests.

Not many attractions either including famous cars.

Edited by chugs-in-credible
  • Like 2

I completely agree that the Sports line up is fantastic this year, which is good for everyone who are fans of sports but I am not one of those, so here's hoping for more guests who can build the Media side of the event up to the standard of the Sport side of the event.

I understand that the quality of guests differs from person to person, due to differing interests, but the fact the Media section of the event is so poorly represented in terms of number of guests, compared to last year, is worrying. After the announcement of there being no more Collectormania Milton Keynes in the Winter months, I was expecting a spectacular Summer event, so I hope SM can prove me right and reel off a load more names in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that this event will just become a Sports Event for guests, SM have gone to just one a year, The sports guests are very popular and bring in the crowds.

I think the problem is the venue which is off the beaten track and can only be accessed by Car or bus (and buses are not good) I wouldn't be surprised if this became a sports event.

SM seem to be looking at all the other places and ramming them guests.. Which is good for everyone :smile:

The sports guests aren't there for the entire duration of both days though and as a few have said there needs to be a balance. If you are going to change the style of event then surely you would make that clearer to the fans of Collectormania MK. Not everyone is sports fans after all and there has always been a great following for the media guests as well. In recent years, some have even managed to get huge queues around the outside of the stadium.

You don't neglect one event to favour another, especially if that event is one of your most popular. Don't get me wrong. There are people I am excited about meeting and I am happy to go with the current line up, even if no one else is added. It just seems to have less on offer this time around which, for those of us who love MK, is a bit disappointing,

• Like 2

I have a feeling that this event will just become a Sports Event for guests, SM have gone to just one a year, The sports guests are very popular and bring in the crowds.

I think the problem is the venue which is off the beaten track and can only be accessed by Car or bus (and buses are not good) I wouldn't be surprised if this became a sports event.

SM seem to be looking at all the other places and ramming them guests.. Which is good for everyone :smile:

Worried about your view on the venue. My first time to this event and I am relying on the bus service Showmasters provide from the train station.