Guest Cancellation - Danny Strong

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Unfortunately Danny won't be able to make it to Hallowhedon due to work commitments! :-(

Whilst we are obviously disappointed that Danny won't be with us this weekend we are pleased that he is in such demand for his work and very obvious talent. We certainly will try to bring Danny back to a future event.

In the meantime, I have spoken with all our other guests and they are all confirmed and really looking forward to seeing you all! :-) Clare is already in London enjoying the sites and the other guys will all be on their planes soon!

Can't wait to meet them, and you all, and have what I know is going to be an awesome weekend of all things Whedon! :-)

Take care,

Mark :-)

Damn had a feeling this was going to happen as Danny is in such high demand now. Hope he can come back to another one.

I guess Tony is still filming with Eve Myles & a bit late for another replacement from abroad now at just 2 days to go. I am sure this will be an awesome weekend as always but for the gold/VIP ticket holders maybe extra photos or something? At HW4 when we only had 3 guests everyone got extra photos with the guests.

Just a question but is there ever a contingency plan for guests dropping out last minute as other organisers seem to have as this has happened before?

Edited by buffy2k
  • Like 2

Afraid I'm going to have to echo what people above have said. £210 for a gold ticket seems very excessive for four people, none of which are main stars of any Whedon show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to meet the four that remain, but I don't think £210 can be justified without a replacement or additional perks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'd be very surprised if a replacement can be done at this late notice. I assume Mark probably would've said something in the original post. Partial refunds are very unlikely too.

Best you can probably hope for is something extra but I would imagine that'll be sorted with the schedule if that's done :)

• Like 1

Yay adore our Clare she is a sweetheart & she is the one I really want to see.

Had a feeling this may happen when he was announced so long ago and a busy boy now.To think when Danny used to be here at other cons back in the day with Adam and Tom we never knew that one day that boy would possibly get an Oscar one day as I am sure he will. Hope he can come to another one.

Edited by buffy2k

• Moderators

Whether organised in advance or not, work commitments happen. To be honest, when the guest is booked is irrelevant in relation to that. We've had guests cancel a day after booking. It just happens unfortunately.

• Like 1

I'm not at all surprised. My friend (and convention buddy) said as soon as he was booked 'There's no way he'll come because of Hunger Games being released so soon after.' But obviously I'm still really disappointed. I do wish there were more guests (Especially as we bought Gold tickets!) and that's one of the reasons why I was hoping to have more guests booked because it's not quite as bad if someone drops out (which we all know is a constant possibility!). But I'm realistic that there won't be a replacement and we're determined to have a good time regardless and enjoy meeting Clare et al!