BFCC 2015 running over Halloween weekend

bonniesrg

On the forum section for Belfast someone has commented that it has been announced that BFCC 2015 will be running over the Halloween weekend.

Does that mean Hallowhedon will not be taking place next year :-( or the events will be running at the same time?

I don't really remember if any previous ME/SM events ever overlapped, but it doesn't seem likely as it would split attendance.

I will be so sad if there are no more Hallowhedons :(. The whedonverse has a huge following so it would be awful the whedonverse themed convention was no longer held.

If there is a Hallowhedon 7 it will most likely be in London or Birmingham so would be unlikely to split the attendance too much, especially if there no Whedon related guests at Belfast.

Another thought is are there different staff who work Massive Events and Showmasters events? If so they could run both.

Please don't stop running Hallowhedons, they are my favourite weekend of the year. If Halloween weekend is no good atleast hold a Whedonverse con another time of year.

• Like 3

Eternal Twilight and Autographica were once held on the same weekend in the Birmingham Hilton. Splitting the crew between two cons in the same hotel is one thing; splitting the crew between two different cities is a completely different kettle of fish.

I think there would be a lot of very upset people if this happened and there is a big discussion about it elsewhere from people who were told about this at Belfast by crew. This is a large fanbase and potential to run for a very long time with the amount of guests who could and would attend, (if the effort if put in) and at this time of year its perfect. Isn't Massive supposed to be a different company to Showmasters in which case they should really have enough staff for multi events?

Not very good from a customer service POV if ME are stopping Hallowhedon and announcing a Belfast signing event before we have been told what's going on so hope this is not the case! Please don't take this away from us we love Hallowhedon!

Edited by buffy2k
  • Like 1

Didn't that post say Halloween themed? I remember thinking that our horror fans would like this. I was understanding this as a reunion of guests from the Halloween movies.

No. It's in the thread that's titled 'What was BFCC like'. One of the posts said BFCC 2015 is already confirmed for Halloween weekend.

But as David say's above, he's sure two events have run at the same time before. At least we'll know by weekends end as the next event is usally announced at the end of the con.